Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Jun 09 2011, 10:33 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inge Jones View Post
1 million coins is too low a limit anyway, considering the inflation going on in the game. I can easily make 100million a day just from my factory turnover. Basically to reach that million I only have to help THREE friends with their dan belt bonuses and that's me wiped out for the day. It really limits the interactivity of the game rather than increasing it.
This is indeed true Inge Jones! and the hard thing about it is that its hard to work my harvesting around it coz i have no idea when the 12 hour finishes so I have some really awesome crops and up the dans I go but it wont let me post on the wall feed for others to claim because the 12 hours isnt up and ive posted the quota. Oh well.. what do you do! Its all confusing so i just waddle my way through it and if i actually click and get a bonus then Im all excited lol!

I think I need to put a timer next to my laptop so i will eventually catch up with myself and work out when the new 12 hour period starts!
Old Jun 09 2011, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagoshen View Post
Taz I agree people are getting worked up they ask to much, it is just a game.
I realize it's just a game. But I like to know the rules and regulations for any game I play, whether it be Monopoly, Go Fish, or Farm Town
Old Jun 09 2011, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Maybe I am dense and just don't understand how people can get so worked up over a game and at that over one item in a game.
The thing is, many of us don't play for free, we have invested shedloads of money in the game. Normally I am not a moaner, but I do think that gives at least some of us a right to complain when our enjoyment is spoiled by confusion. No one minds rules, because with no rules there is no game. But they need to be fair and reasonable and consistent.
Old Jun 09 2011, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhopper View Post
This 12 hour limit is no better, now we are just locked out of the bonuses for longer than ever. This is just so FARMVILLE (sorry had to mention THAT game). I stopped playing it and only play FT because I hated all the popups so much.

All these posts llittering my newsfeed which I have no hope of claiming is making it very difficult to even find any factory work posts to help my neighbours.

The ingredients requests were working fine for me with the 3 hour limits so why was that changed? There were no complaints as far as I know about ingredients, this all began since the launch of the belts. Belts have nothing to do with farming so why belts ?? - even if it were named something different it would feel better. Different grades of wellies LOL ??

This is making me much less inclined to play at the moment.

Please devs sort it out, put the ingredient requests back to 3hrs

The belts are way too complicated. Too many levels, too much asking for the bonuses. Why can we not just have a bonus which is one-off and not conditional on someone clicking, and just receive all instead of having to post and choose which one to post and hope we are not already maxed out. You could use my suggestion and relaunch it as wellies with only about 4 or 5 levels

The devs normally listen to our requests and I'm hoping they will listen to this and make FT fun again. Thanks to the team for all you do.
why if they change the name would make you happy. not trying to be rude but that makes no scents to me. it is just a name the bigger issue is the limit thing needs to go
Old Jun 09 2011, 10:55 AM

I like the way it is working. I understand how the time limits work and they seem fine by me. My feeling is if everyone doesn't stop *****ing and moaning we will never see farm 10 and the new levels.
The belt thing will settle down as the higher level players reach the top limits and all that will be getting posted is the lower level players belt achievements - problem solved.
Old Jun 09 2011, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokeloshe View Post
I like the way it is working. I understand how the time limits work and they seem fine by me. My feeling is if everyone doesn't stop *****ing and moaning we will never see farm 10 and the new levels.
The belt thing will settle down as the higher level players reach the top limits and all that will be getting posted is the lower level players belt achievements - problem solved.
The newer belt system is working for me. I like being able to add the harvests that I need - wheat, tomatoes, onions, etc. It really helps! Thanks for changing it to every 12 hours!!
Old Jun 09 2011, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokeloshe View Post
i agree the moaning thing but the limit thing is not working for the ingridents anymore they should of left it alone it was not broken. I happy that it is working for you.
Old Jun 09 2011, 11:25 AM

I would like to thank the devs for the creation of the belt/dan system. I was pretty much ignoring it and occasionally benefitting from it, and I don't care if I understand all the details of it. Seems to work pretty good for me.

But even more, I just *love* watching folks around here getting their shorts all in a knot over basically no big deal. Best sideshow in town!!! I mean, you can just ignore it - don't request it, hide the requests from others if you want. Good Lord, when did this become life and death?! You folks crack me up!!!!

Farming away since June 14, 2009
Old Jun 09 2011, 11:41 AM

I'm sure this suggestion will not be popular with everyone, but there is a way to simplify things. Keep the belts, but do away with offering bonuses to your neighbors. When you hit a new belt, whether it be yellow or 6th dan, you should automatically get a one time bonus for the achievement (calculated the same way it is today). Keep the ongoing bonuses that each level already gives you (i.e. x% chance of additional crates when you harvest). That's it. End of story. No more posting to walls, no more trying to figure out when your 12 hours is up and whether you've gotten enough crops to max out your million in coins. While I do like the bonuses I'm getting from my neighbors, it kind of takes some of the glory away from me hitting each new level. Also, I am starting to amass a lot of crops...so much so that I'm finding that I don't need to plant nearly as much as before. This is good, yes, and not a complaint per se, but it's definitely taking some of the challenge out of the game. Oh, and *please* increase how many crops it takes to earn a new level, at least once you hit the dan belts. It's way too easy.
Old Jun 09 2011, 11:50 AM
Account Not Linked

I had 3 people click on my Dan 3 belt for onions in the last 10 minutes. It has been around 16 hours since I collect any bonuses by either people clicking on mine or me clicking on theirs. Now a dan level 3 bonus should give me 2,472 onions. Each person was able to send me 740 onions. What is up with that? I know I am not at my 1,000,000 limit because I just accepted 2,412 pine logs from someone.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Closed Thread