Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Jun 08 2011, 05:38 PM

Question regarding the bonus belts

I have been waiting over the 12hr limit now to be able to send and still not able to can someone please shed light on how long I will have to wait please. I am not able to send at all and it has now been at least 3 days and posting out is there a limit on this? ty for your help
Old Jun 08 2011, 05:42 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgie247 View Post
Your belt rank gives you a x chance to gain an extra box as you harvest. If you hover over the picture in the shop with your mouse you can see how many harvests remain to the next level. The game also flashes a small congrats on the levels lower ranks received that are less than brown......
I know you can see how many more harvest remain to attain the next level of belts. What I need is a chart of how many total for each belt in each crop. I'm very systematic and appreciate a challenge when I know what steps I have to take to get there. I had a chart for the other game which I no longer play, because Farm Town has been so superior. When I'm trying to decide what to plant, I want to see a chart, not have to run the mouse over each crop to see a number and then see the belt and check my list to see where that color is on the ladder of belts... :-) Yeah, yeah, it's crazy but that's the way I rise to a challenge!!! :-) My neighbors don't use the belts yet and may not ever for all I know, so the interest for me is in earning the belts, not the one or two boxes of crops. I actually farm 6 or my 9 farms ( I do NOT layer) so with the manure spreader, I get plenty of crops for the facilites and plenty of coins from said facilities.... Does this make any sense?
Old Jun 08 2011, 05:45 PM

my only suggestion now i have how the belts work figured out... id like to be able to see what levels i need to complete - can we add a filter to the seeds page (like harvest time, alphabetical) for belts levels to sort them? easier to figure out what i need to plant next?

Obsessive compulsive farming disorder: it is no joke!!!!!

Level 385- with 16th Farm and all size upgrades - farming since June '09

Are We there Yet???

WISH LIST: - TO HIRE SOMEONE TO PLANT MY FIELDS - from a pre selected list of seeds for each farm!!!

Old Jun 08 2011, 06:58 PM

Here's a suggestion: Split the neighbor helps and the help received. Make it help 5 neighbors/$1,000,000 AND receive 5 helps/$1,000,000.

The way it is now, nobody wants to click on their neighbor's belt posts because that takes away from anyone being able to send them boxes from their own posts. I know I am planting crops that I WANT to get the bonuses for, so I'm reluctant to click on neighbor's posts, afraid I'll reach my $1,000,000 limit and not be able to receive from my own posts. I've talked to several of my neighbors and they are feeling the same way, so the result is that nobody is getting the bonuses because neighbors aren't helping neighbors.
Old Jun 08 2011, 07:15 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Farmtown, your "bonus logistics" code needs serious re-writing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoxman View Post
Okay...it's been over 14 hours since I last collected a belt bonus. How much longer do these 12 hours last?

Simple solution....GET RID OF THIS AMAZINGLY STUPID AND **UNTESTED** ADDITION.
Those 12 hour periods last like 16 hours and going strong like the energizer bunny!.
Farmtown, the "information messages" you post are not informing us at all.

Please have the decency and in the message include useful information, specifically:
1) the time period started at xx:xx
2) the coins collected so far are: yyy.yyy

so that you can be held accountable. This will also help you find the errors!!

Farmtown, your bonus logistics code needs debugging and serious re-writing.

You are using the same code for belt bonus logistics and for ingredient requests logistics - and it is messed up. It has bugs, FIX THEM.

Old Jun 08 2011, 07:15 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlands Farmer View Post
Here's a suggestion: Split the neighbor helps and the help received. Make it help 5 neighbors/$1,000,000 AND receive 5 helps/$1,000,000.

The way it is now, nobody wants to click on their neighbor's belt posts because that takes away from anyone being able to send them boxes from their own posts. I know I am planting crops that I WANT to get the bonuses for, so I'm reluctant to click on neighbor's posts, afraid I'll reach my $1,000,000 limit and not be able to receive from my own posts. I've talked to several of my neighbors and they are feeling the same way, so the result is that nobody is getting the bonuses because neighbors aren't helping neighbors.
Maybe if you see this in a different light it would help. If you have 2 or more neighbors eventually you will all post the same high level reward, at some point you will get that same bonus by clicking 2 of your neighbors posts of the same item. It's okay to click your neighbors posts, plus maxing out your 1M faster is better so you can take advantage of the next 12 hours, instead of waiting around for a click and pushing the reset timer later than 12 hours.

Until the devs decide to fix this very confusing 12hour limit it may be the best. option. hope that helps
Old Jun 08 2011, 07:22 PM
Account Not Linked

Default The messages need to contain INFORMATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlands Farmer View Post

You are correct.
check the words you are using:
1) I'm reluctant to click
2) afraid I'll reach my $1,000,000 limit
3) not be able to receive from my own posts
4) neighbors aren't helping neighbors

ALL OF THESE because you do not have the information to decide.

The messages need to contain INFORMATION, not a "we are brushing you off" and "take a hike" dismissal.

Please refer to my previous post.

I hope the software development manager reads these posts.

Last edited by capricorn1; Jun 08 2011 at 07:27 PM.
Old Jun 08 2011, 07:27 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammy Snowbird View Post
It takes 2 days to get more wool - early in the game the 1 day milk was changed to every 8 hours. Isn't it time to shear the animals more often?
Absolutely agree! that, and add a Marino big sheep lol
Old Jun 08 2011, 07:33 PM

I manage two sets of farms..

Of the 18 farms, 17 were planted with green grapes and harvested.

Both farms went to 4th Dan degree.... but only one offered the pop up to post.

The other stopped at the 2nd Dan degree.

Anyway, when I tried to collect the bonus..... I keep getting the 12 hour nonsense on one... and on the other I got the 50% of 6400+ grapes. However, as we have learned about ft numbers... the 50% = 387 grapes... about one ninth of the bonus.

I was able to collect on another bonus from another farmer right afterward, so I know I had not reached my limit.

Come on back from vacation FT devs..... your FV stand-ins are a pain.

Old Jun 08 2011, 07:54 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
I manage two sets of farms..

Of the 18 farms, 17 were planted with green grapes and harvested.

Both farms went to 4th Dan degree.... but only one offered the pop up to post.

The other stopped at the 2nd Dan degree.

Anyway, when I tried to collect the bonus..... I keep getting the 12 hour nonsense on one... and on the other I got the 50% of 6400+ grapes. However, as we have learned about ft numbers... the 50% = 387 grapes... about one ninth of the bonus.

I was able to collect on another bonus from another farmer right afterward, so I know I had not reached my limit.

Come on back from vacation FT devs..... your FV stand-ins are a pain.

To the bold part, really? If that is so my apologies on my post earlier and change it to MORE clicks.... I get so much stuff clicking neighbors items it hasn't much bothered me not getting my own posts.

I just checked my inventory for clicking on a black belt neighbor post and DID receive 50% of the quantity. Is there something I am missing?

Last edited by ridgie247; Jun 08 2011 at 08:15 PM.
Closed Thread