Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Jun 07 2011, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpa View Post
Another Way to go to Grammy.

Like she says it is a Bata software and at this point in time I don't think it is any to small. Mew things are tested in the Alpha software, bugs found and fixed then put out in bata. There are a lot more people using it then and the will come up with bugs again, hope there are not to many or to bad.
Written by someone who hasn't developed software.

The belts addition first of all was not completely thought out all the way. Hence the post implementation changes. stuff like 12 hours not working, posting a belt bonus that I can't collect on, etc...are prime examples of slop that wasn't thought out and wasn't tested. Beta testing is NOT where you clean up programming screwups and start applying logical thought. you catch those in unit and system testing BEFORE implementation.

Belts in their current state = useless. I've stopped bothering.
Old Jun 07 2011, 10:57 PM
Account Not Linked

is there a way to repost for the bonus when you reach a belt level? half the time it doesnt ask me and i miss out. im also confused about this every 3 hrs thing. does it mean i can repost to get a bonus every 3 hrs?
Old Jun 07 2011, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlands Farmer View Post
I collected my 1 million this morning and patiently waited 13 hours and now there are no posts to collect from? I even tried going into game requests on facebook, scrolling past the pending gifts and clicking on Farm Town stories so I only see Farm Town feed. It says 'You have no Farm Town stories.' So I can't see ANY Farm Town posts. Is this a facebook issue?
Okay, after harvesting my own farms, I see why there are no Farm Town posts for me to help with. I just harvested everything on all 9 of my farms and got the pop up that said I achieved many brown and black belts. But after I clicked on the checkmark, it didn't bring up the next pop up to post to the feed. So I missed out on being able to post many of them and once achieved, you don't get a second chance at posting them.
Old Jun 08 2011, 01:33 AM

Question My Understanding Is a Little Shaky

I thought I asked this question before, but obviously I just previewed my post and then signed out, forgetting to actually post!

I don't quite understand the use of the word "chance". If I were to achieve the 6th (or 7th) dan, does that mean that 72% of the time I will get some random extra boxes of product -- or does that mean, if I harvest 1000 fields of, say wheat, I will get 1,000 plus a 720 bonus?

Also, how does this work with fertilized fields. If I harvest the same 1,000 fields, I actually harvest 2,000 units. Does this then double the size of my bonus?

Sorry if I sound like an idiot, but this is a totally new concept to me -- and I haven't done the math on products where I've earned belts or dans. I have crops on every farm to harvest tomorrow, so I'll try to "do the math" and figure this out.

Farm? Not Here!!
~ Gateway to My Agricultural Empire ~

Farming Since 26 September 2009
Level 1175 & Rising

Am I addicted to Farm Town?
Old Jun 08 2011, 01:41 AM
Account Not Linked

I like the belts - well, I don't really care about the actual belts, dans etc. but I do like the bonus system. However, the % system is a bit confusing - if I do get some extra crops through this, I'd like a notification.
Old Jun 08 2011, 01:43 AM

Talking Plants v. Harvested Flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiel29 View Post
Oh and is anyone still getting only 5 flower PLANTS instead of a few hundred harvested flowers as a bonus? I havent tried posting for anymore flowers since Sunday as I really dont need more plants!
I received two red rose bonuses of something like 757 roses each! They didn't store when I clicked
"Store All" and I started to panic, wondering where I was going to plant all these roses, never mind the bonuses I am going to get for other flowers [I have a lot of flowers between all my farms]

Turned out I had to click on each bonus and tell the computer to store it. I then checked my stores, and I had a huge number of CUT red roses!! So it's cut flowers we get, not plants! Hooray!!! My Flower Shop is smiling!!!

Farm? Not Here!!
~ Gateway to My Agricultural Empire ~

Farming Since 26 September 2009
Level 1175 & Rising

Am I addicted to Farm Town?
Old Jun 08 2011, 03:34 AM

Default Flowers and No posts on the FB game feed!

Thanks Deanne I hadn't bothered with anymore flowers as I was getting actual plants - - store all didnt seem to store them as cut flowers.

Mind you - nothing seems to be posting today - no Games feeds on my wall or one the games page. Is anyone else having this problem or have I accidently deleted Farm Town?
Old Jun 08 2011, 03:36 AM

i just did the store all for my flowers and it worked
Old Jun 08 2011, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowendy View Post
hi I would like to know why I keep getting this when it has been over 12 hours

No items were sent to your storage by the Mayor since you already reached the limit of 250,000 Coins worth of products every 3 hours.
I am having the same problam and have posted as much here in the Forum. So far, no one knows, or they do not care, to explain what I am doing wrong or how I can rectify the situation. So far, I have send bonuses to all my neighbors over the past three days now as often as I can and I have not received a single item.
Old Jun 08 2011, 05:16 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanna J. Lloyd View Post
I thought I asked this question before, but obviously I just previewed my post and then signed out, forgetting to actually post!

I don't quite understand the use of the word "chance". If I were to achieve the 6th (or 7th) dan, does that mean that 72% of the time I will get some random extra boxes of product -- or does that mean, if I harvest 1000 fields of, say wheat, I will get 1,000 plus a 720 bonus?

Also, how does this work with fertilized fields. If I harvest the same 1,000 fields, I actually harvest 2,000 units. Does this then double the size of my bonus?

Sorry if I sound like an idiot, but this is a totally new concept to me -- and I haven't done the math on products where I've earned belts or dans. I have crops on every farm to harvest tomorrow, so I'll try to "do the math" and figure this out.
The word chance imho means that you may or may not get the extra box, but the odds of getting one has now increased to a 72% chance of getting one for the top level black belt.

Having harvested my flowers my chance to get the extra boxes worked. I "nerdily" know how many flowers I have on my farms. It was nice to see for this week I don't have to plant another rose to max out my flower shop for a day and have a small surplus. it doesn't hurt to have the belts, it will never take away crops but sometimes it may give you a nice surplus.

Someone mentioned the counter for receiving a new belt was based on one non-fertilized field, while we can only guess at this point, the chance could also be based on this since not everyone has the manure spreader.
Closed Thread