Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Jun 06 2011, 07:42 PM

[quote=Oopsy-Bumpty;4690906]@Keeta and Nanaspeaks

So given the choice you would do away with the belts and forfeit the bonus crops that will come with it in your future harvests?

And to be honest I don't think anyone is really complaining about the belts, just the continuous stream of pop ups that come with it. Which IS being looked into by the devs, but either way they will end once you have obtained all belts and ranks, at which point you will be able to sit back and reap the rewards.[/QUOTE

If you reread my post you will read I stated a good option would be to use the belt system or not use the belt system. Much like choosing to buy a facility or not.
Old Jun 06 2011, 08:11 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by max_river View Post
well said. with all the time dev are dealing with all this to try to make you all happy we could of had our new levels and the 10 farm. if you do not like them chose not to do them
Levels and farm 10 are at least 2 weeks away if they follow how they have been doing the updates. There is no way it would have hit 1 week after an update.

The dev are doing a very good job at adding to the game and fixing any bugs that come up.

The game does seam to have gotten big or is it just my rosey colored glasses?

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jun 06 2011, 08:28 PM

Here's the problem I'm having with the 12 hour limit. I just went through all the FT posts on my feed from the last 12 hours. I last accepted anything off the wall early this morning, so it's been at least 12 hours. I'm getting the message 'This offer has expired, please try another one.' on any post over 3 to 4 hours old. How long until a post expires?
Old Jun 06 2011, 08:33 PM

Yep, FT developers actually *listen* to their users! Makes all the difference in the world (imho

~Raenie

Quote:
Originally Posted by onamission View Post
Now we're starting to cook with gas, thanks Raul!

The separation of low levels from high levels is especially good - something for us all to work towards.

Full marks for addressing issues so quickly - amazing! Just one of the reasons why I love my farms
Old Jun 06 2011, 08:42 PM

(1) No gifts to me after friends took bonuses posted for brown and black belts.
(2) Is the expiration time on offers still 3 hours or is it 12 now as well?
Old Jun 06 2011, 08:44 PM

At first I was skeptical about the belt system, but it seems to be working nicely so far. Just wanted to thank the developers for doing such a great job on such a wonderful game. And thanks for listening to those who asked you to tweak it. It stays alive with the new items and upgrades and it's not "in your face" like the 'ville games.

I enjoy a challenge, but I've made my own goals as I continue with the game. Have developed some spreadsheets I use and enjoy being able to play FarmTown my way. That's it ... we can all do this game our own way. Some people use only coins, others of us spend real money to build and buy - some people don't like too many facilities, others own them all - some hire their work done, others prefer to enjoy working their own places. The game is enjoyable, no matter how you choose to play it.

The way I play involves reaching certain numbers of each crop (based on a 15-day need for my specific facilities) before I allow myself to load the factories up. Somebody else might think that was a stupid way to play.

Thank you, thank you ... for creating such a game, and for continuing to improve it.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...2244&farm_ix=9
Old Jun 06 2011, 10:12 PM
Account Not Linked

I play this game, not to compete with others, but to earn the coins, levels and XPs needed for whatever I can get on my own. I left the other farm game because I had to constantly beg neighbors for parts and things. The only reason I played the other game as long as I did, was for the crop masteries, which I could earn on my own and display the little sign showing I had earned it in that crop. No help from anyone else. Farm Town is so much better, less problems with the game, and, until the belt system, you didn't have to ask for help unless you wanted to. I just don't understand why you would want to do all the begging of neighbors for help to receive 1 box of extra crops and a few coins. I get double produce by fertilizing the fields and plenty of coins from the facilities daily! Instead of the belt system, why can't we earn things in the different crops without having to constantly bug the neighbors? I do harvest & plow for some neighbors but outside of that, I enjoy the game as a personal game, earning my XPs, levels and coins by my own work of planting, harvesting, plowing and operating the facilities, not socializing or begging..... Kinda like my own "zen" garden, I guess! Just my opinion..... :-)
Old Jun 06 2011, 10:24 PM
Account Not Linked

I do not like the change in the hour limit. People can only help with one ingredient once every 12 hours now and that just sucks. I only asked for one product sent to me every 3 hours because the same people are the ones that click on it and there was no need to post 3 because I would not get all three. I would pick a product I needed the most and ask for that. Then 3 hours later I would pick another product and ask for that. Now I can only do 2 a day at most, that is not much help to me. The ingredient system was not broken and should not have been fixed. Me and my friends would request and send each other stuff 3 or 4 times a day now it will be 2 if we are lucky. That will really cut down on the help with ingredients we can get. The bonus for the belts is what was broken because the amount of crops you got in the bonus meant you could only get one or 2 every 3 hours. While I understand that you need to keep people from getting way too many crops from bonuses a 12 hours limit is just too long a limit. I will click on the crops I need the most like rice or corn, then comeback 3 hours later and click on another belt post form the same person. It really helped out now with the 12 hour limit I don't think I will get as much even with the upped limit.

You have gone about these belts all wrong from the beginning and still do not have it right. The requirements between belts is way too low and that is what is causing all these problems. If you would just make all the belts a lot harder to get people would not be posting 6 or 7 belt posts and day. There also wouldn't bee as many belt post on our walls for people to click on. Then you could just up the limit a little say 500,000 every 3 hours and everyone would be happy. We wouldn't be getting tons of bonuses but we would feel like there was a reward for getting a belt. We could also help our friends out more if the belts where spreed out more then they are now.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Jun 06 2011, 10:28 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I have no complaints about the belt system im just wondering who they are geared for. Do they help those that harvest for others? Those that hire others? Those that do their own work? Those with layers? Those who harvest layers? Which player in the game does this this benefit the most?

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jun 06 2011, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
I have no complaints about the belt system im just wondering who they are geared for. Do they help those that harvest for others? Those that hire others? Those that do their own work? Those with layers? Those who harvest layers? Which player in the game does this this benefit the most?
Another question to add to that list is are the extra boxes on top of the 2 boxes for a fertilized field? So the extra chance would yield 3 boxes if we get lucky?
Closed Thread