Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Jul 17 2017, 04:00 PM

Default prefer notification of yes or no when hiring.

I agree. I dislike hiring more people than I need. It happens now with out the notice of acceptance.
Old Jul 17 2017, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel7 View Post
You have to be patient - many people lose their connection with your farm during harvesting, happens to me all the time. And sometimes yes, people will leave, things happen. Phones ring, doorbells ring, parents tell kids they must go to bed right now, etc. etc. If you get upset over this kind of thing, this is not the game for you as this won't ever solve itself, if that makes sense. You can always go to harvesting yourself, that's your only choice around this. Happy farming to ya.....
The problem is if we lose the connection we have no way of letting the farmer know that we didn't intend to leave the job undone unless we can find each other again in the market place and in my experience that rarely happens. I and others have been suggesting for years that we have a way to go back to the farm we were working on should we get booted off but that suggestion it seems has fallen on deaf ears.
Old Jul 17 2017, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi2015 View Post
I agree. I dislike hiring more people than I need. It happens now with out the notice of acceptance.
That happens to me a lot. I can send out 5 or 6 requests before I get a response. Several times recently I have inadvertently hired 2 or more people because I didn't get a response.

I also hate being hired and finding that I am one of 6 hired and we are all using the employer's 18X18 combine. No one gets much of anything from the job and arguing starts over who was harvesting/plowing where. If I see another person there when I'm hired I go to another farm if hired for more than one farm or I just go back to the market place.
Old Jul 17 2017, 07:54 PM

thank you Taz,
Old Jul 17 2017, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishgal62 View Post
I just want to post a question, and then see if anyone agrees with me....
If you post that you will do a certain job, you get hired, you do half the job then quit because you don't want to do it anymore....wouldn't that be considered "INCONSIDERATE"?
Here's my point, I hired someone to do a job on my farms that they posted that they wanted to do. They quit right in the middle of the job. My farms are not that hard to do. They said they wanted to do a certain job, so I hired them....then they quit. In a nice tone, (I wasn't angry) I told them not to post that they want to do a certain job and then not complete it. Well I was told that I was rude.....
My whole thing is..."Don't post that you will do a job, then don't complete it"...Don't leave that farmer you're working for in a bind.
Am I right or wrong???
I need to know because I don't want to do anything to be banned for here.
I agree. I went to the market place a few hours ago and asked who wanted to do stacked fishing on 11 of my farms. One person replied so I hired her. She did one farm then sent me a note saying she only did one farm because it was too much work and she only has a small blue boat. She had the option of using my larger boat since I always check "allow worker to use my tools." Don't accept a big job if you aren't prepared to see it through.
Old Jul 18 2017, 04:01 PM

Default Can't hire neighbors or friends to work farms

As of today, I am not able to ask for workers for my farms or facilities. Is this happening to others or is is some glitch. Worked fine last night.
Old Jul 18 2017, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldendreamer View Post
As of today, I am not able to ask for workers for my farms or facilities. Is this happening to others or is is some glitch. Worked fine last night.

Hi goldendreamer

All posting to facebook seems to be broken. We have emailed the developers about this problem.
Old Sep 14 2017, 12:44 PM

I just left the market place. There were 10 people there. 7 of them had the orange "Hire Me" status and of those 4-5 were saying "Need a job" or Joooob Please! or whatever . I tried to hire each of those 7 people to HP and do trees and every one of them turned me down. Why do people do this? Why turn your status orange and yell for a job if you have no intention of accepting it? I went to another market place which appeared to be same marketplace I just left as the same people were there plus a few more added and I finally got someone to do the work.
Old Sep 26 2017, 11:57 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

sometimes when you send a hire request, the person to whom its sent takes forever to reply that I tend to try another person, or else they accept but they don't appear to actually go to the farm and start any work.. maybe they have a slow connection or computer... or in a lot of cases, the person does not have every thing hidden in preferences and big farms take forever to load... so many don't seem to understand that they need to have EVERY THING HIDDEN, lol... and then when another person who has a faster computer and internet connection gets hired, they manage to get the work done in record time... I have also experienced workers who don't use the extent tools supplied by me.. have actually found some doing the harvesting, then trying to plow.. when they can do it once using the Harvest Plow Combine.. I think this is why we need a Fire the Worker so that they can them be able to return to market and perhaps get an easier job on a small farm... a lot of them don't finish the work either which is frustrating..
Old Sep 26 2017, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
sometimes when you send a hire request, the person to whom its sent takes forever to reply that I tend to try another person, or else they accept but they don't appear to actually go to the farm and start any work.. maybe they have a slow connection or computer... or in a lot of cases, the person does not have every thing hidden in preferences and big farms take forever to load... so many don't seem to understand that they need to have EVERY THING HIDDEN, lol... and then when another person who has a faster computer and internet connection gets hired, they manage to get the work done in record time... I have also experienced workers who don't use the extent tools supplied by me.. have actually found some doing the harvesting, then trying to plow.. when they can do it once using the Harvest Plow Combine.. I think this is why we need a Fire the Worker so that they can them be able to return to market and perhaps get an easier job on a small farm... a lot of them don't finish the work either which is frustrating..
The not using the extent tools may be for the reason I don't always use them. Not all computers can handle the extent tools. Many times I can get done faster and with less hassle with my little purple 6x6 combine than I can with the largest extent tools.