Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Mar 25 2013, 08:27 PM

Arrow Tools and Fuel

This thread is for reporting problems concerning any of the Tools you can buy in Farm Town or any issues with Fuel.

Please read the following information BEFORE posting in this thread. Thank you!

Check Out The Game Guide:

Chapter 02 - What is the Tool Box? - Basic guide to the icons in the tool box with links to explain what those are for.

Chapter 20: Fuel Everything you need to know about fuel is included here.

Chapter 21: Tools Everything you need to know about tools is included here.

It is now possible to have more than 4 Billion fuel.
As of May 2020 you can now top up your fuel, it no longer gets replaced when you refuel.

Important Things To Remember About The Tools You Own:
  1. Any of the Farm Cash tools for harvesting (crops, trees, flowers), plowing, chopping, fishing can be used to work on other peoples farms, including the 3x3 coin tools. These tools MUST be in storage for this to work. The bigger tools will use fuel.
  2. Once your tools are in your Item Storage, you can use them via your Yellow Toolbox, there isn't any need to take them out of storage.
  3. Farm Cash tools do NOT use up any of your Item capacity space.

Important Things To Remember About Fuel
You only will be able to refuel once per day. You will be able to refuel again after midnight Eastern time.

If you have already refuelled that day and you want to know when you can next refuel, click on the fuel station icon again and if you have to wait, there will be a time showing at the bottom of the pop-up. For example it could say "You will be able to refuel in 5 hours and twenty minutes"

If it seems you are using fuel quicker than expected. You could be using more fuel due to some of these:
  • Buying Land Upgrades/New Farms and adding more workable items that require Fuel to work them.
  • Increasing what is on existing farms that require Fuel to work them.
  • Working your own farms. Farming and Planting more often - perhaps on days where more work is ready to do than there is on another day or on days when you require the short timed crops so will be planting more often
  • Working for other farmers, the bigger the farms, the more on them, the more fuel you will need if you are using your own fuel to work those.
  • The more facilities you have, using the start All tools and refilling them more often will use more fuel.
    Using the Start All at the top of the Facility Manager uses Fuel (turbo tools)
    Using the Store All at the top of the Facility Manager uses Fuel (Forklifts)
    Cashing out uses Fuel (Armored Truck, Farm Cash Item not the decoration) Unless your Harvests & Products is getting full or you need the coins, you do not need to cash out every day. Remember you can zip your Harvests & Products storage to help if your capacity limit is getting full.
  • Dispatching Trains and Ships uses fuel. The more containers on them, the more you use.
  • Fuel is sold in the Gas Station service facility. It does NOT give you more fuel tanks. If you are low on fuel, do not load it into that facility. If you own the load tool for that facility, you open the facility and remove the check mark on the Fuel Tanks so it's not loaded into it to be sold.
The Difference between sending friends Bonuses of Fuel Tanks OR sending Ingredients to make Fuel Tanks
A common mistake is not reading the information in a request to know if you're going to be sending and receiving Fuel Tanks or if you are instead sending and receiving the ingredient crude oil which is need to make Fuel Tanks.

Both requesting Ingredients to make Fuel Tank and a request to send a Bonus of Fuel Tanks have the same Fuel tank Icon.

Read the information to the right of the icon!

When it tells you:

"Can you send me ingredients to make 68 x Fuel Tank (4 batches)? YOU will get 50%!" and the link says Send Ingredients, you are sending and receiving the ingredient to make the Fuel Tanks which is Crude Oil.
When it tells you a bonus or dan has been earned:

"I just reached the Fuel Tank Black Belt! Help me claim a 278 x Fuel Tank Bonus and YOU will get 50%" and the link says Get Bonus, that's when you send and receive Fuel Tanks instead of Crude Oil!
The limits for sending/receiving bonuses are listed in Chapter 30 Belts/Dans:
https://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showth...78#post5224278
Missing a tool? Please read the first post HERE

For Suggestions for Tools post in Machinery/tools both functional and non-functional

This thread is for players to report problems only. Any off topic posts will be removed by a moderator without notice to the user.

Last edited by Taz D; Mar 19 2024 at 09:11 PM.
Old Jan 11 2021, 04:57 AM

I added shortcuts where I used to have neighbors with no problems following directions in Game Guide. my question is How Do I remove those extra shortcuts and show the neighbors again.
Old Jan 11 2021, 05:49 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by passngas@mediacombb.net View Post
I added shortcuts where I used to have neighbors with no problems following directions in Game Guide. my question is How Do I remove those extra shortcuts and show the neighbors again.
Hi passngas,

Click on the shortcut icon.

Then click on any of the tools you have in the extra neighbour bar spaces, for example the tool furthest left, doesn't matter if it's the top one or the one underneath,then you will see the menu for Additional Spaces.

To remove all the extra spaces you click on Do Not Use Any Slots.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Jan 11 2021, 11:28 PM

Thanks Tiger!
Old Jan 12 2021, 01:51 AM
Account Not Linked

Most of my shortcuts are missing. as a result, I cannot find my giftbox. also, the purple hand is missing. How can I get these back?
Old Jan 12 2021, 03:09 AM

Exclamation Tool Box Gets Stuck on Stupid

When I hit my tool box to choose something then decide to exit it keeps popping back open over and over and over - LOL Have to reload game or just choose something to use.
Old Jan 12 2021, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj_uncle_phil View Post
Most of my shortcuts are missing. as a result, I cannot find my giftbox. also, the purple hand is missing. How can I get these back?
Hi nj_uncle_phil,

The new version for the moment is a restricted version as explained above the game. We realize this is frustrating to have missing features, but rest assured, they will all be added back to the game over the next few weeks. Please be patient.

How to manually link your Farm to the forum

Contact Support

Old Jan 12 2021, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfKat7 View Post
When I hit my tool box to choose something then decide to exit it keeps popping back open over and over and over - LOL Have to reload game or just choose something to use.
Hi WolfKat7,

I Have moved your post to the Tools & Fuel thread in order to keep things together.

I am not experiencing this issue, the only time it opens for me is if i hover my mouse over the toolbox icon. That happens if you click the white X and move your mouse away?

How to manually link your Farm to the forum

Contact Support

Old Jan 12 2021, 12:23 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgodwin02 View Post
Thank you!
My fuel is still being used even if the functions are disabled...when I harvest on my land, it uses my fuel.

User member number.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...23169312940261
Old Jan 12 2021, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMonet View Post
My fuel is still being used even if the functions are disabled...when I harvest on my land, it uses my fuel.
Hi AMonet

While you are working fuel will go down, but it will go back to the original amount when you stop working.

Please take note how much fuel you have before and after working a farm.

Tags
eye icon, fuel, fuel shortage, fueling, mobile lookout tower, storage capacity