Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 17 2011, 09:15 PM

Default New Release -- January 17th, 2011

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes.

1. Farm 8: Here are the prices in Coins, Farm Cash prices remain the same:

Farm12x12 - 8000000
Farm14x14 Upgrade - 5000000
Farm16x16 Upgrade - 6000000
Farm18x18 Upgrade - 7000000
Farm20x20 Upgrade - 300000000
Farm22x22 Upgrade - 400000000
Farm24x24 Upgrade - 500000000

2. 25 New Levels and 12 Gifts (Coins): About 70 new items in total, all in coins. The Farm Implements in the Gifts section have no functionality, they are just nice decorations that look well behind your machinery. All Winter items are now in the 'Winter' section in the Store. The Gift Certificates are now in the 'Other' section.

3. Superanimals (FC): There are now 2 superanimals in the Store, the Holstein Cow and the Leghorn Hen, they produce 10 times more than the regular Cow and Hen.

4. New Order in Facility Manager: When you hit the A/Z sorting button and select 'Production Chain', it will sort the facilities in such a way that will allow you to work continuously from top to bottom, as facilities with primary ingredients are on top, when you get to the complex facilities at the bottom you will have stored all the primary ingredients already required for these complex facilities.

5. Fishing with Bait (Already Launched): There will be 2 types of bait, freshwater bait and seawater bait. You can receive those baits as gifts from friends.

If you have bait available when you catch a fish you will receive 2 fish instead of one. When you hire others to fish, your baits will be used (not others) and you will also get 2 fish instead of one, in this case, employees will get double coins and will also get 2 fish instead of one when they receive their 'fish' bonus.

To check how much baits you have available hover the mouse over freshwater or seawater items.

6. Smokehouse: Allows you to produce cured and smoked products. You can receive Salt from friends. You can receive Pork from friends or order it from the Semi-Trailer truck. You can catch herrings in the Small Sea Coast.

Prosciutto
Cured Cod
Cured Herring
Salami
Smoked Cheese
Bacon
Smoked Salmon
Pastrami

7. Fish and Chips: Allows you to produce Fish and Chips dishes. You can catch squids in the Big Sea Coast.

Calamari Rings
Cod and Chips
Shrimp and Chips
Haddock n Onion Rings
Smoked Salmon n Chips
Seared Scallops n Slaw
Catfish Cakes

8. Harvest Storage expanded again by 25%.

9. Extra step removed from invite/requests flow: When you send gifts or neighbour request to friends, there was an extra screen/dialog asking you to email friends, this screen is now removed from the flow.

10. Phantom Gifts issue fixed: For users having Phantom Gifts in their gift box, when you receive a new gift or use some of the gifts in your gift box, the Phantom Gifts in your gift box should disappear.

11. The Level Bar now shows the correct amount of XP left to the next level.

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul

Last edited by Raul; Jan 19 2011 at 08:16 PM.
Old Jan 17 2011, 09:16 PM

Thank You so much! I enjoy the game!
Old Jan 17 2011, 09:19 PM

Awesome, thanks devs
Old Jan 17 2011, 09:17 PM

great job guys - lovin it

Obsessive compulsive farming disorder: it is no joke!!!!!

Level 385- with 16th Farm and all size upgrades - farming since June '09

Are We there Yet???

WISH LIST: - TO HIRE SOMEONE TO PLANT MY FIELDS - from a pre selected list of seeds for each farm!!!

Old Jan 17 2011, 09:39 PM

Kind of disappointed in it over all. I like the new levels. However, disappointed in getting increased animal production by buying fc animals. I was hoping for some kind of super feed, like fertilizing crops and trees, with a one time cost like the fertilizer trucks. 10 cows alone would cost 50 fc, way more than I am willing to spend. I guess I will just go ahead and buy another dairy. As far as needing more hens, that won't happen unless the meat production increases in my one truck. I won't buy 2 of any fc items as fc is limited. I guess people who don't mind putting money into the game will love the cows an hens in the store, but it is not an update that will improve my game in any way.

Also, I was kind of hoping for a facility that would use ducks or peacocks or one of the other new animals. I won't do anything with fish, so the new facilities are also not something I will use.

Oh well, perhaps next time the update will be something that I will enjoy. I let this game become too important I guess, waiting weeks for the update and then finding it isn't really for me. I will go ahead and start working on Farm 8 I guess.
Old Jan 17 2011, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynthiaSue View Post
Kind of disappointed in it over all. I like the new levels. However, disappointed in getting increased animal production by buying fc animals. I was hoping for some kind of super feed, like fertilizing crops and trees, with a one time cost like the fertilizer trucks. 10 cows alone would cost 50 fc, way more than I am willing to spend. I guess I will just go ahead and buy another dairy. As far as needing more hens, that won't happen unless the meat production increases in my one truck. I won't buy 2 of any fc items as fc is limited. I guess people who don't mind putting money into the game will love the cows an hens in the store, but it is not an update that will improve my game in any way.

Also, I was kind of hoping for a facility that would use ducks or peacocks or one of the other new animals. I won't do anything with fish, so the new facilities are also not something I will use.

Oh well, perhaps next time the update will be something that I will enjoy. I let this game become too important I guess, waiting weeks for the update and then finding it isn't really for me. I will go ahead and start working on Farm 8 I guess.
Wow, why so negative? You must have joined recently and have not yet fully explored all avenues in this game.....lighten up and play, its really quite fun!!! I have friends that don't spend real money and are cooking right along....Quit trying to be the best, and enjoy

My Farms
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...6384&farm_ix=1
Old Jan 17 2011, 09:47 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Popatoes???

I Love how in the new fish & chips restaurant, it allows you to produce items from the popatoes in your storage. LOLOL!!

Love the new update.. thanks!!
Old Jan 17 2011, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZHorseLady View Post
Wow, why so negative? You must have joined recently and have not yet fully explored all avenues in this game.....lighten up and play, its really quite fun!!! I have friends that don't spend real money and are cooking right along....Quit trying to be the best, and enjoy
Well, I guess it isn't because I haven't played the game long enough. I'm level 185. Perhaps it is because I have played the game too much, or maybe because I don't put real money into the game. I was only saying that I was waiting with anticipation for the update hoping for a way to increase all animal production for maybe 50 farmcash, or maybe a new facility, especially if it took a new animal. I was simply saying this update was disappointing. Not that I was not enjoying the game. There is nothing in this update that excited me in the least. I bought farm8, but wasn't really caring if I had another farm. The facilities take fish. I don't do fish. It would cost 50 farmcash to buy 10 cows and another 50 for 10 hens. I am sure this is no problem for many who put real money into the game and I think that makes some people really happy, and that is fine by me. I am just saying that it means nothing to me. I will continue with my regular cows and hens (never run out of eggs anyway, just turkey feathers). I am afraid in a sense updates are kind of like Christmas. One waits in anticipation for something new to keep the game exciting. Well, I guess I waited in anticipation, and was let down as there was nothing in this update I wanted. I am glad some people wanted it, it just wasn't me.
Old Jan 18 2011, 09:11 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornyroo View Post
I agree we need to be able to earn farmcash in other ways other then buying it out of real money ....Thanks for the new updates appreciate them...
Old Jan 18 2011, 07:18 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornyroo View Post
sure hope not
Closed Thread