Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jun 07 2012, 12:19 PM

The fact is that in order to have 2 of some facilities kept full all the time, you have to have 10 or more of some of the others to support it. I keep only 2 of most all facilities except a few, but it takes 10 dairies, 5 sawmills, 12 textile mills, 8 paper mills, 8 sugar mills, etc. etc. to support them. I can only assume that the freight trains are going to help with this, yet some people have goals to reach the top diversification ranks which will mean lots and lots of facilities on their farms. I have a ridiculous number of facilities and I'm only at a 30,000 diversification level - no way on earth am I going to get to the next level. If they would lower the requirement to reach the top diversification rank, alot of people would probably quit putting more and more facilities on their farms.
Old Jun 07 2012, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel7 View Post
The fact is that in order to have 2 of some facilities kept full all the time, you have to have 10 or more of some of the others to support it. I keep only 2 of most all facilities except a few, but it takes 10 dairies, 5 sawmills, 12 textile mills, 8 paper mills, 8 sugar mills, etc. etc. to support them. I can only assume that the freight trains are going to help with this, yet some people have goals to reach the top diversification ranks which will mean lots and lots of facilities on their farms. I have a ridiculous number of facilities and I'm only at a 30,000 diversification level - no way on earth am I going to get to the next level. If they would lower the requirement to reach the top diversification rank, alot of people would probably quit putting more and more facilities on their farms.
I never pay any attention to the diversificatiion rank an don't quite understand how it works or what it does. I have enough trouble filling my factories an getting neighbors to work them, Also have trouble getting people to TRADE the work...in other words work for me an then let me work for them! Seems the Tools have Ruined the FT INTENT of the game a long time ago!!! I do hire others but trying to get reciprocated is very very difficult unless I struggle in the market!
Old Jun 10 2012, 02:46 AM

Default Hiring in the Market

I am so fed up of the market. When I click to hire someone, then someone else clicks on that same person after you, you lose that worker. Be good if FT could do something to stop that. If I click on someone to hire because they have said they are willing to work, nobody else should be able to click on them which overrides the original hire request. It is so frustrating!!!!!!! Please do something about this in future updates if you can FT )
Old Jun 10 2012, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivienne57 View Post
I am so fed up of the market. When I click to hire someone, then someone else clicks on that same person after you, you lose that worker. Be good if FT could do something to stop that. If I click on someone to hire because they have said they are willing to work, nobody else should be able to click on them which overrides the original hire request. It is so frustrating!!!!!!! Please do something about this in future updates if you can FT )
I also think that when someone sends a hire request it should stipulate exactly what the request is for. I don't like fishing or trees unless it's part of a harvest/Plough job but to often I get a request that asks if I want to harvest crops and when I get there it's just trees or fishing or flowers and to be honest the coins and xp are not worth it unless it is harvesting and ploughing as well :O)
Old Jun 14 2012, 02:27 PM

Just curious as to 'why'..when at the Market hiring or looking for a job...do people not see each other? Are there others there that we don't see...eg..someone will come and stand on you or get right in your face..do they not see us like we see them? Do you understand what I'm getting at? Just a question out of curiosity..Have a great day!!
Old Jun 14 2012, 02:47 PM

ive noticed this too and sometimes i load the market and theres only 2 or 3 ppl but when i reload it its packed ..i think maybe it just doesnt load completely sometimes ?
Old Jun 30 2012, 11:19 PM

Default facilities can't hire for?

When we hire people they should be able to "work" livestock, mines, oil pumps, semis, fish farm, bee hive, etc.
Why not?
Old Jul 05 2012, 05:48 PM

I have also had some problems hiring neighbors and in the marketplace. My neighbors are busy and if they are full screen do not see the requests. If they are on the farm, they won't see my post on FB. In the marketplace, I hate to hire someone with no tools for a huge overlapped field. They can't pull it off and I have to keep checking to see if they have bailed on me or made a mess of it.
BUT I just started doing something new and it has worked perfectly every time. I prepare a notice on Word telling what I have that needs harvesting and asking if anyone would like to do it and has the time. I also add the time that I am posting it. Then, I copy and paste it into a message for each of my neighbors who are already on their farms. I have never waited more than 2 minutes to get a nice responsible neighbor that comes straight away and does it right.
I do like to hire people in the marketplace who have no tools for a farm that they can handle. I remember needing to level up myself and like to help them.

Last edited by Tony D; Jul 05 2012 at 06:06 PM.
Old Jul 07 2012, 06:36 PM
Account Not Linked

Default the rude use of tools

Hi, I have enjoyed playing Farmtown for a few years now. I am 67 years old and it was very enjoyable to me. Now i am do upset with all the tools that have come out that has taken all the fun away. You get hired to harvest and plow and someone comes in and takes it all and u ask them to share and they say why. This happens almost all the time when I get hired, and I am not the only one. Other people complain about it in the chat. I have never seen to many rude people, and you tell them it is a game for everyone and they just keep on going. I think something should be done about this. I really would like to keep enjoying this game, but am about ready just to delete everything. I have a handicapped daughter I take care of and after I get her in bed at night I really look forward to enjoying some game time, and this does not happen anymore. Thank you from bingo85308
Old Jul 07 2012, 06:42 PM

sorry that you ran is to but i am sorry to say it is not just folks that have tools that are rude people with out tools have been rude to.