Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old May 27 2014, 08:07 PM

Angry Quest Problem

How are we supposed to load a Factory for a Quest we do not own and do not want to buy. I have too many factories as it is and am not spending any more farm cash to buy any.

Not a fair thing if we can' do Quest using what we own. I have spent lots of real money buying Farm Cash in order to purchase land, buy tools and even factories. I do not want any more factories!

How can I finish a Quest if I do not own the factory it wants me to load an item in????

Lifeline doesn't help with this. All I see is it is for getting goods, but not loading a factory we don't own.

NOT FAIR!!!
Old May 27 2014, 08:41 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanafree View Post
How are we supposed to load a Factory for a Quest we do not own and do not want to buy. I have too many factories as it is and am not spending any more farm cash to buy any.

Not a fair thing if we can' do Quest using what we own. I have spent lots of real money buying Farm Cash in order to purchase land, buy tools and even factories. I do not want any more factories!

How can I finish a Quest if I do not own the factory it wants me to load an item in????

Lifeline doesn't help with this. All I see is it is for getting goods, but not loading a factory we don't own.

NOT FAIR!!!
Quests are given out randomly and so are the lifelines. It does not check what you own for assigning them.
The lifelines offer various ways to help with your quests including getting items from facilities. More information about quests and lifelines are in the Game Guide chapter 28. Here is a link to that:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489690
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 27 2014, 09:12 PM

Thumbs down Lifelines Cannot be Used For...

Lifelines can not be used for the final step of the Quest (1st box shown top left of the Quest).

I do not own the factory so I cannot load a product and it is the 1st box shown top left of the Quest so I'm screwed!

Again...not fair for everyone. Many will never be able to acquire farm cash this way.
Old May 27 2014, 09:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanafree View Post
Lifelines can not be used for the final step of the Quest (1st box shown top left of the Quest).

I do not own the factory so I cannot load a product and it is the 1st box shown top left of the Quest so I'm screwed!

Again...not fair for everyone. Many will never be able to acquire farm cash this way.
You are correct. You will not be able to complete that quest, so in 20 hours you can open another quest and try. It only takes 3 in a 7 day period to get 1 farm cash.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 28 2014, 10:57 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I finally have come around on the quest issue of being able to change a quest. I do not own every facility in the game. I hate numbers so I can only figure out to a rough figure on how much of any thing I need. But now that the quests have started to give money instead of coins for the completion of the quest, it would be nice if I can move on to the next quest that I have the facilities to finish it. Also I am frustrated with the timing involved to do a weeks quests. Today I have 2 quests and one will be finished in about an hour. Also today is the end of my week with quests. It would be nice if I could add today's quest to next weeks as it would help me get the prize easier. The length of the quest and the last hour of the week are very close in time. But I feel I am loosing the quest due to the clock. I hope I said it right. It is worth the thought. Thanks
Old May 28 2014, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Mae View Post
I finally have come around on the quest issue of being able to change a quest. I do not own every facility in the game. I hate numbers so I can only figure out to a rough figure on how much of any thing I need. But now that the quests have started to give money instead of coins for the completion of the quest, it would be nice if I can move on to the next quest that I have the facilities to finish it. Also I am frustrated with the timing involved to do a weeks quests. Today I have 2 quests and one will be finished in about an hour. Also today is the end of my week with quests. It would be nice if I could add today's quest to next weeks as it would help me get the prize easier. The length of the quest and the last hour of the week are very close in time. But I feel I am loosing the quest due to the clock. I hope I said it right. It is worth the thought. Thanks

If your time is almost up and you do not need the quest you are working on to make your goal for the week.....do NOT start the last step of the quest. Wait till you have collected the FC for the week. Then do the last step of the quest. That way that quest will count towards the next week.

I won't comment on being able to skip a quest and move on except to say I feel it is unfair to me for you to be able to do that.
Old May 30 2014, 08:46 PM

Default quests and farm cash facilities

quests should not demand a farm cash facility if person not already own one

had to let several expire since no way can level up 30 times before quest expires just to buy the building

and going to be no way will spend real world money on a thing not actually own
Old May 31 2014, 10:46 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieg25 View Post
quests should not demand a farm cash facility if person not already own one

had to let several expire since no way can level up 30 times before quest expires just to buy the building

and going to be no way will spend real world money on a thing not actually own
Yet you think it is "fair" for the company to give out real cash to you?
Old May 31 2014, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosyou? View Post
Yet you think it is "fair" for the company to give out real cash to you?
This happens in real life too. Just because you don't own a new car is it right for others to buy one? Just enjoy the game with what you can do and not what you can't. I personally think they are very fair to us! It is not a charity game!
Old Jun 02 2014, 11:31 AM

GRRRRRR! I can understand that some quests will be for facilities that I don't own. What I don't understand is why we can't carry over finished quests into the next week. I realize, and don't expect to, that some weeks I will only earn 1 FC. But, having played the game for over five years, and spending A LOT of real money, it would be nice to have this changed. Until it does, I will not spend one more real dollar on the game.