Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Jan 06 2017, 06:15 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyinlife View Post
Is there a way to pick the friends you want your ships to go to? Friends you KNOW are working ports. Half the names on my list I do not know and I have to do a LOT of skips.

I do not get friends at my ports. I also do not see my name on my list as suggested by someone. That again goes to the first question.

I am not sending out any more ships until resolved.
Hi joyinlife,
There is currently no way to pick any of the friends you ships go to. The developers are implementing an update soon to allow you to change out 10 of the people on your port list, but not the entire list.
The people listed for your ships are, at the minimum, your friends and have been recently active. They may also be some you have at one time been neighbors/buddies with and they apparently still have you listed as a neighbor even if you do not have them as neighbors. You can determine which they are by looking under their picture at what the description is. You can also from that go to their farms and using the toolbox icon in lower left area to remove yourself as their neighbor and/or buddy.
If you go to your neighbor's farm and click on a ship then you can look at the ship's logbook for that ship and see where you are on their list for that ship.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 08 2017, 01:54 PM

what is the point in buying all the ships when only difference is amt of time it takes to fill a container as we cant sent them out but 1 every 24 hrs... so other then the goods what account are they to us..i got 2 out and the others setting waiting... that makes them as junk.. why cant they go out like the trains? all or none?
Old Jan 08 2017, 02:45 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfedwards View Post
what is the point in buying all the ships when only difference is amt of time it takes to fill a container as we cant sent them out but 1 every 24 hrs... so other then the goods what account are they to us..i got 2 out and the others setting waiting... that makes them as junk.. why cant they go out like the trains? all or none?
You don't have to buy all the ships. Which ones you can get depends on your level and number of neighbors, but you only buy the ones you need.
Old Jan 08 2017, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfedwards View Post
I'm not liking this, either. I bought 7 so I'd be able to launch one each day - but now that we have the Skip Port feature, mine are coming back in around 4 days, which means I always have a few sitting and waiting. I'd like to be able to launch one as soon as it comes back in - like we can with trains. I've suggested this so we'll have to wait and see, I guess. Maybe we'll be able to someday.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Jan 08 2017, 05:42 PM

Default Ship Delema

Posted by a friend. I could not have said it better:
This is to all my farm town neighbours and friends.....
i'm not gonna sit and stare at the ship manager and wait for a ship to come in.. i do have a life.... if i am home i do check in every few minutes if i can.. sometimes its impossible.... If im not home well then i wont lol...so far no one has complained or given me hassles tho i have ready some posts from other places that well people are going way to far on removing neighbours / unfriending .. it is a game...but if im not getting to ur ship in time for you feel free to remove me...and you will never hear a word from me that ur not sending my ship on soon enough...you do when you do...... right now i send a message that i have a ship in ur port.. soon that will stop as players do get used to this new part of farm town....i remember when it was just farming lol......the end
Old Jan 08 2017, 11:16 PM

I have to confess that I have skipped some ports, because I know the players are on only occasionally, but by and large, my ships have been clearing in just a few days, and I can see the increase in some of the products that I struggle to keep enough of on hand. So thanks, I like the ships!
Old Jan 08 2017, 11:19 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautysmom View Post
I have to confess that I have skipped some ports, because I know the players are on only occasionally, but by and large, my ships have been clearing in just a few days, and I can see the increase in some of the products that I struggle to keep enough of on hand. So thanks, I like the ships!
Hi Beautysmom,
I moved your post to the General Feedback thread for discussion about the Cargo Ships as you were not asking a question or having a problem with the ships.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 09 2017, 01:16 AM

OK, since it will take a lot of my time to load the cargo ships and it doesn't matter to you guys if we use this part of the game to enjoy, once all of my ships have returned to my port I will put them into storage and wait until you decide to me more realistic with time management. We can layer crops, ponds, and do other thing to make more coins and other type of profit, but try to make these ship load faster is tiring. I am glad you haven't done nothing to make fishing any harder. I will work other players ships, but I will no longer send my ships out. Of course this doesn't matter to you guys who make the rules. I only wished I could ask more people to boycott this, but then again it's your game not mine.
Old Jan 09 2017, 07:56 AM

The number of ships i am getting at my port has gotten less. I think people are starting to stop sending out ships because of the time needed to load them. I know I will not send any ships out as long at it take 8 to 10 hours to prepare them. I have started to send ships on again from my port, had for a few days even stopped doing that.

Farming since April 26 2009
Old Jan 09 2017, 09:28 PM

Well, with the release today (Jan 9) where we cannot load 10 tabs on browser and then only wait 1 hour to dispatch, I find it extremely difficult to do the ships. People are dropping out like flies, which means it will be even more difficult because one will have to skip a lot of people. Hope you will consider getting a tool to start them all at once. I will still do them, but not happy. I won't be making much. But since I already purchased all of them I will do them. Also hope you are still working so that we can pick our own itinerary.