Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jul 27 2011, 03:30 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I remember how greatful I was to be hired, in the beginning, and I loved solo work...and for a long time I tried to keep hiring folks, but it seems to me, that I never have any luck anymore, with who I hire...they NEVER stay, for multiple farms, and after 'wasting' time going back and forth to the market looking for someone to work, I admit I have given up. I can do it myself so much faster. I know it defeats the 'neighbor thing', but I don't know what to do about it. If I did not have tools I know I would be daunted by the thought of doing 10 farms solo...and doing the crops and trees and fishing....it would consume way way too many hours.
Old Jul 27 2011, 03:33 PM

Level:
XP:

i know what you mean. Ive wondered many times why people beg in the market for work then when you hire them they dont ever finish it. Sure they might have gotten booted but i have some say "well real life stuff happened so i left". Well, if you had stuff happening why were you in the market looking for work in the first place?

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jul 28 2011, 10:41 AM
Account Not Linked

Until we have a better way to "advertise" which tools we have, is it really that hard for hiring farmers to figure out from my avatar name ("___ 5x5 combine H/P pls") that I'm not interested in trees, fishing, chopping, or picking flowers since I don't yet have those tools? Otherwise, I'd be "____ ALL tools". Yet I continue to get cheery work requests for every task. I click "no thanks" and inevitably the farmer's next comment in chat is "doesn't any1 want 2 work?". Sigh. The tools/no tools issue works both ways.

Once in a while I accept a harvest/plow request only to land on the farm and find some poor soul plugging along field by field. I had to do the same thing from level 1 through about level 80 so I remember how much clicking it involves. No way am I going to steamroller them with my combine. I'll either switch tools to the hand scythe and join them on the same level if I have time, or tell the farmer I'm going to leave it to XXX who was there first.

And then there's the farmers who hire three or more combine workers. Ridiculous. It was bad enough to participate in "feeding frenzy" harvesting with the hand tool back in the day. I'm not gonna do it now, 25 at a time. Not that desperate for work.
Old Jul 28 2011, 11:19 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
i know what you mean. Ive wondered many times why people beg in the market for work then when you hire them they dont ever finish it. Sure they might have gotten booted but i have some say "well real life stuff happened so i left". Well, if you had stuff happening why were you in the market looking for work in the first place?
Some times real life rears up and bites you in the *** when least expected. Had a 6 year old granddaughter come in with a cut hand. This is real life and I had to leave what I was doing.

A message to the farmer goes a long way.

then I have been booted off of farm town, no message can be left.

I have a farm with A LOT OF TREES, that I hires someone that wanted to work alone. About 20 minutes I asked her if she would like help and was told no thank you.

Had to leave the game with her still chopping trees, and found about 2/3 of the farm unchopped this morning that she never got to. No message so either she left and said nothing or got bounced.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jul 30 2011, 10:52 PM

Default PJ

I've got to say that Farm Town players have become so rude it's taken all the fun & relaxation out of playing. Those of us who choose not to use real money to purchase the combines, etc. get walked all over by those who have them. It's absolutely rude and frustrating. I've taken a couple of weeks off from the game because I was so angry one evening. Now after a couple of evenings playing again, I remember why. It was fun for awhile, but now, I've had enough. No longer relaxing and enjoyable.
Old Jul 31 2011, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ1234 View Post
I've got to say that Farm Town players have become so rude it's taken all the fun & relaxation out of playing. Those of us who choose not to use real money to purchase the combines, etc. get walked all over by those who have them. It's absolutely rude and frustrating. I've taken a couple of weeks off from the game because I was so angry one evening. Now after a couple of evenings playing again, I remember why. It was fun for awhile, but now, I've had enough. No longer relaxing and enjoyable.

Your best bet to make it fun again is to get one of your neighbors to do your harvesting and let you harvest yours. I have a standing arrangement every night at 8pm I meet up with a friend and I do his farms and he does mine.

I never hire from the market anymore....people hardly ever said thank you!! And they were rude harvesting like you said.

If you are using your crops to load your facilities....you can harvest yourself and still get the same amount of crops for facs. The large amount you see is only used if you sell your crops in the market.

If you do go to the market and find the farm you go to has a bunch of rude players.....just leave....so sense in getting upset....I bet you have neighbors who would let you harvest and vice versa.
Old Jul 31 2011, 11:05 AM

think what pj is alluding to is those that have the say combine who never give others the chance to harvest

i have it but if im hired along with someone who hasnt got it then i will either leave or share the work i cant see the point in being greedy now ..

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=604920037
Old Jul 31 2011, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyMo View Post
Until we have a better way to "advertise" which tools we have, is it really that hard for hiring farmers to figure out from my avatar name ("___ 5x5 combine H/P pls") that I'm not interested in trees, fishing, chopping, or picking flowers since I don't yet have those tools? Otherwise, I'd be "____ ALL tools". Yet I continue to get cheery work requests for every task. I click "no thanks" and inevitably the farmer's next comment in chat is "doesn't any1 want 2 work?". Sigh. The tools/no tools issue works both ways.

I hardly ever seem to have problems hiring, and I hire from the MP almost every day. I think this is only because, as per my signature, I ask specifically for what I want done. "Multiple farms to p/h, trees to chop and harvest, flowers. Anyone want it?" I do fishing separate because most don't like to fish...however if someone offers to do it on my farm I will happily let them!

The best workers always say "I will, [myname]" or something like that...shows they're paying attention LOL.

I have very few people leave, too. In fact I have more often than not one or two folks who do *everything*.

I also have no reason to whine that no one wants work because I'm not randomly asking people for hings they don't want to do.

EDIT to throw in that I don't hire for multifarms from the MP...I only hire one farm at a time, as I like to know the farms are DONE before moving on to the next one. maybe for friends I'd multi-hire, but MP? No. If someone asks why i don't I explain that I get people leaving and disconnecting.

Quote:
And then there's the farmers who hire three or more combine workers. Ridiculous. It was bad enough to participate in "feeding frenzy" harvesting with the hand tool back in the day. I'm not gonna do it now, 25 at a time. Not that desperate for work.
Wow...that's...just...indescribable.

Visit my main farms,The Farms at ShortBerry!
Also check out Coal Patch Woods, my mom's farms, of which I am general manager. (It features farming on a budget...NO purchased Farm Cash with this farm!)

Last edited by artisanrox; Jul 31 2011 at 11:20 AM.
Old Jul 31 2011, 11:40 AM

Level:
XP:

Very true, and I have tools. I get embarrassed when some one comes back to hire me to pick up the slack from farmers who don't have tools. I try to hire the ones with out more often than those who do.
Old Jul 31 2011, 11:45 AM

Level:
XP:

I have the problem with workers leaving because they are not being watched, even when I don't watch. I get people who only want large expensive crops who will get half done and leave. I make it a point to do all chores hired for. Even if it not profitable to me.