Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Aug 06 2020, 11:53 PM

Default New Release -- August 7th, 2020

See Known Issues, More Information and Post Release Updates at the end of this post. Last changes released on August 18th, 3:40PM.

Hi There,

We just released a new update with the following features and bug fixes: En Español AQUI

1. New Farm 42 and the first 4 expansions:

New Farm (12x12) --- 43000000000 or 50 FarmCash
Upgrade Farm 14x14 - 43500000000 or 20 FarmCash
Upgrade Farm 16x16 - 44000000000 or 20 FarmCash
Upgrade Farm 18x18 - 44500000000 or 20 FarmCash
Upgrade Farm 20x20 - 45000000000 or 20 FarmCash

2. Increased the availability of Salmon and Trout by 20%: The Sturgeon can no longer be catch in the Big Lake with Boat, this will effectively increase by 20% the availability of Salmon and Trout in the Big Lake with Boat.

3. Option to add up to 4 more shortcut spots: Counting from left to right in your neighbour bar, the 7th and 8th neighbour spots can now be replaced by 2 or 4 shortcut spots. In the shortcut screen click any of the 4 brown arrows to the left of the shortcut area to select how many neighbour spots you want to convert to shortcut spots.

4. Help note in co-op quest tabs: When checking the co-op quests of other farmers, any quest that has a product inside that you can help with will also have a help note on the quest tab.

5. Changes to the send gift screen: The layout of the send gift screen was changed to minimize the negative side effects of Facebook changes in this area.

6. Set all farms to the same crop option in the Super Neighbour Manager: For this use the dropdown arrow at the center-bottom of the Super Neighbour Manager screen.

7. Other minor improvements:

b) Added a 'Mute In This Session' option to the avatar menu so you can temporarily mute a farmer in the marketplace
a) The Flower Stand service facility can now be stocked with the Paradise Poppy Pot and the Hyacinth Marigold Pot produced in the Flower Shop

8. Other minor bug fixes:

a) In the market screen, sometimes the 'Harvest Products' section was empty
b) In the market screen, sometimes the 'Non-Ingredient for me' sort option was not working correctly
c) In the market screen, sometimes the 'Producing Facility' sort option was not showing up
d) In the market screen, sometimes the category dropdown could not be changed to another category
e) After searching for a facility in the Facility Manager and scrolling back to the top, sometimes random facilities were showing up at the very top of the list

9. Improvement to the Ship log book section (released 3 weeks ago): The log book section is now showing a green dot for each neighbour that is currently online, this can help you when deciding which neighbours to include in the ship itinerary and on which order.

10. Offshore Oil Rig (FC): This is a new facility that produces 3 times more Crude Oil Barrels than the current Oil Pump. This works similar to the Red Windmill and the Stone Windmill facilities, the Stone Windmill has 3 times more output than the Red Windmill.

Note 1: This facility is located in the Facility category in the Store. To make things more uniform we also moved the old Oil Pump from the Tools category to the Facilities category in the Store.

Note 2: This facility and the Oil Pump can be placed on the same farm and both be producing at the same time.

11. New Reed Crop: This crop is used in the Cheese Making Supplies Factory.

12. New Achiote Tree: The Achiote Pods that you harvest from this tree are used to produce the Ground Annatto Seeds in the Spice Factory.

13. Artisan Cheese Factory (FC): Produces Artisan Cheese.

Parmesan
Mozzarella
Gorgonzola
Cheddar
Manchego
Goat Brie
Gruyere
Spiced Gouda

New Products from other Facilities: Starter Culture and Rennet in the Semi-Trailer Truck. Ground Annatto Seeds in the Spice Factory.

14. Cheese Making Supplies Factory (Coins): Produces Cheese Making Supplies.

Cheesecloth
Measuring Spoon Set
Reed Cheese Mat
Cheese Wax
Cheese Mold
Cheese Press
Cheese Trier
Cheese Cutter

New Products from other Facilities: Ground Annatto Seeds in the Spice Factory.

15. Artisan Cheese Store (FC): Provides Artisan Cheese Retail Services and can be stocked with products from the Artisan Cheese Factory.

16. Cheese-Butter Crafters World (Coins): Provides Cheese and Butter Tools Retail Services and can be stocked with products from the Cheese Making Supplies Factory and Butter Making Supplies Factory.

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post Release Updates - August 13th, 11:00AM

- When farmer X accepts a neighbour request from farmer Y, we added that action to the user actions at the bottom of the game for farmer Y

- When farmer X sets neighbour Y as a Super Neighbour, we added that action to the user actions at the bottom of the game for farmer Y

- Added a new purple dot in the neighbour bar to mark those neighbours that have set you as their Super Neighbour

- When sorting your neighbours by Super Neighbours, first we show those you have set as Super Neighbours (red dot) and then those that have set you as Super Neighbour (purple dot)

- Bugfix: When changing the category in the market screen sometimes the total coin value at the top was not updated

Post Release Updates - August 18th, 3:40PM

- Split the old 'Show Facilities' option in the preference screen in 3 separate options:
1) Show Regular Facilities 2) Show Service Facilities 3) Show Animal Buildings

- Added a new 'Show Ground Covers' option in the preference screen

Known Issues:

- None.

Last edited by Raul; Sep 03 2020 at 09:44 AM.
Old Aug 06 2020, 11:57 PM
Senior Moderator

Thanks Raul!
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 07 2020, 12:06 AM

Thanks, Raul. Stay Safe!
Old Aug 07 2020, 12:06 AM

hi

thanks for the great update and farm 42

tino

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...345&farm_ix=41
Old Aug 07 2020, 12:18 AM

I knew as soon as I 7th danned all the trees there'd be a new tree! dagnabbit!
Old Aug 07 2020, 12:18 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

thanks for all the new stuff,
Old Aug 07 2020, 12:39 AM
Senior Moderator

In case anyone is wondering the new Achiote tree is in gifts and used in the Spice Factory.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 07 2020, 01:50 AM

thanks for the update, now to get all new factories and trees and farm 42 in order
Old Aug 07 2020, 02:07 AM

Thanks for the update, Raul & team!
Old Aug 07 2020, 02:47 AM

Default Achiote

PLEASE there must be a way to buy achiote tree!! Please let us buy them or I will never catch up on needed products
Closed Thread