Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Oct 25 2019, 10:29 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIAP27 View Post
You said " In the final moment of the switch we expect about 1 hour to 10 hours of downtime while we migrate the databases."

I hope you can give us enough notice so we can plant long day crops and not short hour crops. Am I to assume this 1-10 hr shutdown will be the 31st? Or Nov 1st?
Hi Riap,
You know as much as we do. We do not know yet what day it will happen. The developers will give us ample notice so you can plan your crops accordingly.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 25 2019, 02:30 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to leighwj1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Riap,
You know as much as we do. We do not know yet what day it will happen. The developers will give us ample notice so you can plan your crops accordingly.
In the past when a notice of impending shut down is posted it has been done after 10 p.m. (my time) to inform me of a shut down to begin at 5 or 6 a.m. (my time). Problem with this is that I go to bed at 9 pm and get up at 5 a.m. so all my advance notice is during the time I am asleep.
Old Oct 25 2019, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighwj1960 View Post
In the past when a notice of impending shut down is posted it has been done after 10 p.m. (my time) to inform me of a shut down to begin at 5 or 6 a.m. (my time). Problem with this is that I go to bed at 9 pm and get up at 5 a.m. so all my advance notice is during the time I am asleep.
Hi leighwj1960

We asked the developers and they will post a notice banner over the farms 1 or 2 days before this happens.
Old Oct 25 2019, 11:13 PM

I am wondering... why can I sometimes create offers over and over when I am in the trading marketplace. (Regular products). I am there now and have posted all 5 categories at least 3 times each in approx. 10 minutes?
Old Oct 25 2019, 11:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail Green-jeans View Post
I am wondering... why can I sometimes create offers over and over when I am in the trading marketplace. (Regular products). I am there now and have posted all 5 categories at least 3 times each in approx. 10 minutes?
Hi Gail,
All the information we have on the regular products in the trading warehouse is in the Game Guide chapter 10 about the Trading Warehouse:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=641534
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 25 2019, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Gail,
All the information we have on the regular products in the trading warehouse is in the Game Guide chapter 10 about the Trading Warehouse:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=641534
Yes, thank you Taz. Guess I am lucky? Not complaining, just wondering why my experience is not matching what the guide says. I have had this happen 4-5 times in the past 7 days, usually around 2100 - 2359 CST. I cleared memcache last night as you suggested and that fixed the popup message from constantly "popping up".
Old Oct 25 2019, 11:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail Green-jeans View Post
Yes, thank you Taz. Guess I am lucky? Not complaining, just wondering why my experience is not matching what the guide says. I have had this happen 4-5 times in the past 7 days, usually around 2100 - 2359 CST. I cleared memcache last night as you suggested and that fixed the popup message from constantly "popping up".
Hi Gail,

I am not sure though you did say it was over a 3 hour period, so you may have created te first close to the end of a trading period and the next at the beginning of the next trading period. Not sure how you got the third one that quick though.
Old Oct 26 2019, 11:22 AM

Thank you so much for the new stuff, extensions and the added levels. It sure helps us on fixed incomes enjoy our game! I hope you will let us know in plenty of time about the dates for the downtime. I don't know what I will do. I guess I'll have to clean house or something..ugh! Will our crops spoil??
Old Oct 26 2019, 11:39 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by debhurst51 View Post
Thank you so much for the new stuff, extensions and the added levels. It sure helps us on fixed incomes enjoy our game! I hope you will let us know in plenty of time about the dates for the downtime. I don't know what I will do. I guess I'll have to clean house or something..ugh! Will our crops spoil??
Hi Debhurst,
The developers have told us they will give us 1 or 2 days notice before the transfer happens, so you can plant accordingly.
Closed Thread