Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Dec 31 2016, 05:56 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_a_thompson View Post
Developers, please provide some sort of "Port Closed" option/button for when I'm offline that allows ships to bypass my port. I can game play 1 hr a day during the work week and perhaps 2 hours daily on weekends if I ignore my family and the chores. I gift my neighbors 1-2 daily, and actively coop quest my neighbors. I'd really hate to start losing neighbors because I'm not online 24/7 to move their ships along when they hit my port (which is what I fear will happen when my neighbors get tired of waiting for me to get off work or wake up and start playing). If we presume that half of the players are working or sleeping for 8-10 hours each day, and someone sends out a ship that hits the most recently active players first, and that 1/2 of those recently active players have left the game for work/sleep, than roughly 7.5 of 30 recently active players will be unavailable for 8-10 hours (or 2.5-3 days each week will be lost to each ship waiting for some percentage of recently active players to become active again). R/ Jimmy Crack Corn (Level 800 whale)
Hi James,
Please post your suggestion in the Suggestions section and not here in the Help & Support thread for asking questions or problems. You cannot start a new thread in that section, but you can reply to one that fits your suggestion.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 31 2016, 06:36 PM

Default cargo ships

Just noticed a possible glitch in the ships. I was visiting a neighbours farm and I clicked on their ship. I got in to logbook and found that I could have clicked them onto the next port, which reduces their cargo. In theory I could have clicked all the way and then ruined their whole cargo by doing that.
Old Dec 31 2016, 06:59 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigTH View Post
Just noticed a possible glitch in the ships. I was visiting a neighbours farm and I clicked on their ship. I got in to logbook and found that I could have clicked them onto the next port, which reduces their cargo. In theory I could have clicked all the way and then ruined their whole cargo by doing that.
Hi Craig,

This was tested and found that although you can go through the motions of skipping a port on a neighbours farm, it doesn't actually go through.
Old Dec 31 2016, 10:42 PM

Default stranger in my ship port

How did a non-friend I have never heard of and can't find listed in FB get into my FT ship port? Charlie G is waiting for me to load his ship and send him on his way. Tried to look him up - can't find him. Is this port also a portal for just anyone to show up? Just a little concerned here.
Old Dec 31 2016, 10:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareTerr View Post
How did a non-friend I have never heard of and can't find listed in FB get into my FT ship port? Charlie G is waiting for me to load his ship and send him on his way. Tried to look him up - can't find him. Is this port also a portal for just anyone to show up? Just a little concerned here.
Hi CareTerr,
I moved your post to the subject thread about the Cargo Ships. He would not be listed in Facebook as Charlie G as that would be his avatar name in the game, not necessarily his real name. Either you are his neighbor or he is yours but not necessarily still Facebook friends.
It really is not a problem as all you are doing is loading his ship from goods the mayor provides and you get 500 coins for each container loaded.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 01 2017, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareTerr View Post
I was just going to post about exactly this point. I too have had Ships in my Port this morning that say 'Non-Friend' by them. I was under the impression that the ships went between Neighbours. Even FT friends I would not be worried about, but how do ones get there from people we are not even friends with.

I am loving the Ships concept, but they are keeping me very busy - had 21 waiting when I got up this morning ! I would rather not be getting ones from any random person on FT. I have over 1000 Active FT friends and they will keep me busy enough?
Old Jan 01 2017, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi CareTerr,
I moved your post to the subject thread about the Cargo Ships. He would not be listed in Facebook as Charlie G as that would be his avatar name in the game, not necessarily his real name. Either you are his neighbor or he is yours but not necessarily still Facebook friends.
It really is not a problem as all you are doing is loading his ship from goods the mayor provides and you get 500 coins for each container loaded.
So sorry, I read this post after I had written mine and this answers it. So if I click on the picture when a ship comes in like that, it will take me to the farm? If that is the case I can then click on the un-neighbour box and remove myself as a neighbour. Is that correct ?
Old Jan 01 2017, 07:44 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaraelwart View Post
So sorry, I read this post after I had written mine and this answers it. So if I click on the picture when a ship comes in like that, it will take me to the farm? If that is the case I can then click on the un-neighbour box and remove myself as a neighbour. Is that correct ?
Hi barbaraelwart

Clicking on the little blue box describing the relationship under the picture will take you to their farm - yes, and yes if you so wish
comment trouver votre farmlink how to find your farmlink
memcache where's my post gone quoi de neuf
Support (si on ne peut pas résoudre un problème ici)
Old Jan 01 2017, 01:19 PM

Default Missing Ships

I have bought all the ship and had them all on F29 but for the last 2 days both my yellow and Pink ships have disappeared. Any ideas on what happened to them?
Thanks DFD
Old Jan 01 2017, 01:27 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco_friggin_duck View Post
I have bought all the ship and had them all on F29 but for the last 2 days both my yellow and Pink ships have disappeared. Any ideas on what happened to them?
Thanks DFD
Hi DFD,
I moved your post to the subject thread about the Cargo Ships.
Do you have both of those ships dispatched? The ships go transparent when you send them out. I looked at your data and all 7 ships are there on your farms.

Tags
cargo ships, container, cranes, dispatch ship, logbook, pink port, port deleted, red skip port, replace port, reuse itinerary, ship rewards, ship's logbook, ships, skip port