Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Nov 06 2015, 05:55 AM

Default Game Issues

For the past week it has been almost impossible for me to play my game. The initial load time takes about 10 minutes. Once I am finally able to get into my game, it runs very slowly, there is a lot of lag and things just disappear. Trying to go from farm to farm is taking forever. I have already cleared my cache. My flash player reports that I don't need any updates and my browser is already set at 100. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I just spent 40$ buying farm cash that I have yet to be able to use. Thank you for your time.
Old Nov 06 2015, 09:14 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybutterfly174 View Post
For the past week it has been almost impossible for me to play my game. The initial load time takes about 10 minutes. Once I am finally able to get into my game, it runs very slowly, there is a lot of lag and things just disappear. Trying to go from farm to farm is taking forever. I have already cleared my cache. My flash player reports that I don't need any updates and my browser is already set at 100. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I just spent 40$ buying farm cash that I have yet to be able to use. Thank you for your time.
Hi ladybutterfly174,

I have moved your post to help and support for "Game running Slow" to keep all related posts together.

Firstly, things disappearing, like trees, when moving the mouse is a known issue brought about by a recent flash player update that has caused many problems with the game which the developers are working on to fix.

Are you farms heavily loaded? If you need information on this please read the first post on the first page of this thread.

Slowness could be down to internet speed issues, but it seems strange that you've had it for over a week. Has it been consistently bad or does it seem better sometimes?

Can you please also try clearing your FT memcache. To do that Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Clear your browser caches, close browser, then log off and shut down your computer. While you are shut down, please turn off your router for a few minutes to clear any data stored in there. When you are done, reboot and see if that's made any difference.

If it doesn't, you may also want to try another browser to see if it works any better for you. I can't advise which one to try as they work differently for each persons set up, you just have to try them to see which works better for you.
Old Nov 14 2015, 02:45 PM

Default game play

had to give up working in ft today..glitchy..15 seconds tween hilight when choping trees is too long..most of the time it's 3-5 secs..tried all the usual repairs/clearing caches etc..thanks for a great game anyway...
Old Nov 14 2015, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara nixon View Post
had to give up working in ft today..glitchy..15 seconds tween hilight when choping trees is too long..most of the time it's 3-5 secs..tried all the usual repairs/clearing caches etc..thanks for a great game anyway...
Hi barbara

Have you tried to reset your router/modem for a few minutes?
Old Nov 15 2015, 05:07 PM
Account Not Linked

Hi first of all I hope I am posting/asking for help in the right place.
For the past 7-8 hours I have been unable to play Farm Town because the loading proess of the game has constantly stalled at 19%, despite the fact that my internet connection is reasonably fast and I have very few/no other programs/windows running simultaneously on my PC. This problem has been persistent even after I have reloaded the game countless times and even restarted my PC a couple of times already...please help me someone!!

thanks in advance
Old Nov 15 2015, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganymede View Post
Hi first of all I hope I am posting/asking for help in the right place.
For the past 7-8 hours I have been unable to play Farm Town because the loading proess of the game has constantly stalled at 19%, despite the fact that my internet connection is reasonably fast and I have very few/no other programs/windows running simultaneously on my PC. This problem has been persistent even after I have reloaded the game countless times and even restarted my PC a couple of times already...please help me someone!!

thanks in advance
Hi Ganymede

Welcome to the forum!

Please try all suggestions given in the following thread. If after trying all them you still have problems please post a reply in that thread.

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352666
Old Nov 17 2015, 12:08 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Thank you :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi Ganymede

Welcome to the forum!

Please try all suggestions given in the following thread. If after trying all them you still have problems please post a reply in that thread.

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352666
thank you so much :-)
will update you once I've tried the suggestions...
Old Nov 17 2015, 10:42 PM

I want so badly to work on my Christmas farm but I have to work with slow jerky moves, re-load etc. By the time I get an idea, it freezes on me. My question is: Is this the best we can expect? Yes it's larger than 24 x 24 but I had absolutely no problems with it before the flash player problem. I have tried all your suggestions plus some of my own from the internet. Please help. Thanks

Does using buildings for storage slow the game?

Last edited by Taz D; Nov 17 2015 at 10:55 PM.
Old Nov 17 2015, 10:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareTerr View Post
I want so badly to work on my Christmas farm but I have to work with slow jerky moves, re-load etc. By the time I get an idea, it freezes on me. My question is: Is this the best we can expect? Yes it's larger than 24 x 24 but I had absolutely no problems with it before the flash player problem. I have tried all your suggestions plus some of my own from the internet. Please help. Thanks

Does using buildings for storage slow the game?
Hi CareTerr,
I'll answer your last question first. If you are taking a lot out of storage at once then yes it will tend to slow down the more you take out. It is better to take a few items out then refresh the farms.
It really will depend on how much you are putting on the farm. The more on a farm the slower it will get.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Nov 30 2015, 12:25 PM

Thumbs down Slow like always

I really dont know whats going on the game es very slow every day Im trying to plant my farms for the last 3 days and I couldn't due. Real mad Im lossing hours since this morning I start 4 hours ago and at this time I have 17 farms not done. I just made only 9 farms. Im leaving and I think im going to leave this game forever. Im loosing my time and my money for nothing. Sorry but Im piss off

Tags
slow, slow game, slow loading, slow saving