Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Feb 08 2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
Please tell me what is wrong with a high level player working through the markets regardless of their level or what their farm looks like? If they are playing in the spirit of the game, and yes, even with tools supplied by the game, then they have a right to do so. I have bought a 4x4 harvester and plow to work my neighbours farms, but if I am hired from the markets along with others I leave them in my storage and do my fair share with a single harvester or plow. We are not all cheats, and the reason we have nice farms with high levels is that we enjoy playing this game in the spirit in which it was intented with all the options of the game that we are enabled to use.

Who died and made you the Farm Town police ??
I think it has more do to with the fact that she lied, she claimed to have no tools and yet harvested 4x4...I would have been ticked as well, I do not deal with liars well either. Now had she of been honest than that would have been different, but obvioulsy she feels that advertising that she has 4x4 is a bad thing, so why advertise that you do or do not have tools to begin with? why lie?
it may not be the best, it may not be the prettiest, and it's certainly is not the most creative but it's mine and I like it. feel free to visit me but please leave complaints and begging at your own farm.
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/?farm_id=904565178
Old Feb 08 2011, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't feed the beggers View Post
I think it has more do to with the fact that she lied, she claimed to have no tools and yet harvested 4x4...I would have been ticked as well, I do not deal with liars well either. Now had she of been honest than that would have been different, but obvioulsy she feels that advertising that she has 4x4 is a bad thing, so why advertise that you do or do not have tools to begin with? why lie?
I quite believe StoneFace would have treated her the same way even if she had not advertised 'no tools' and then harvested using them. I've seen some of the nasty comments hurled at people who had advertised having tools. Since the inception of 4x4s farmers in the markets really are ****ed if they do and ****ed if they don't.

I had a private message from a farmer telling me that he used to hire me a lot, but he'd just checked out my farm for 4x4s and 'since I don't have them' he'd rather hire someone who does these days ..... my 4x4s are not on display on any of my farms. I keep them away in storage, as do many others.

It's a shame that the introduction of these 'super tools' has made for a very snipey market place, and a whole lot of sometimes very nasty unofficial 'Farm Town police'.

Last edited by HelenJS22; Feb 08 2011 at 05:12 PM.
Old Feb 08 2011, 05:11 PM

Quote:
I quite believe StoneFace would have treated her the same way even if she had not advertised 'no tools' and then harvested using them. I've seen some of the nasty comments hurled at people who had advertised having tools. Since the inception of 4x4s farmers in the markets really are ****ed if the do and ****ed if the don't.

I had a private message from a farmer telling me that he used to hire me a lot, but he'd just checked out my farm for 4x4s and 'since I don't have them' he'd rather hire someone who does these days ..... my 4x4s are not on display on any of my farms. I keep them away in storage, as do many others.

It's a shame that the introduction of these 'super tools' has made for a very snipey market place, and a whole lot of sometimes very nasty unofficial 'Farm Town police'.
Oh that's funny - the term "****ed" I used has nothing to do with swearing. Sometimes these things just go tooooooo far with ridiculousness.

Old Feb 08 2011, 06:37 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

[quote=JAS0643;4437466]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post

Like I said before a person doesn't need to got to the mp and beg for plowing job to jump to the top level when they come out. I rarely if every plow and I have been at the top level since august of 2009.

I am not sure what game you are playing but when I started farm town there was 34 levels and it was always known that there would be more levels added it was just a matter of when. I never saw a mod or a developer say there would never be any new levels added to the game.
just because you dont like to plow and you hire others to do it for you doesnt mean anything. You get xp even if someone else plows for you. So you may not like the act of plowing but you sure do like getting the xp. Change it to where only the person plowing gets the xp and i bet youll change your tune real quick. And i never said that we were told there would never be new levels. I said we were told "currently there are no plans to add new levels". It wasnt "always known". You just hopefully assumed and happened to get it right.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Feb 08 2011, 07:00 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Please tell me what is wrong with a high level player working through the markets regardless of their level or what their farm looks like? If they are playing in the spirit of the game, and yes, even with tools supplied by the game, then they have a right to do so. I have bought a 4x4 harvester and plow to work my neighbours farms, but if I am hired from the markets along with others I leave them in my storage and do my fair share with a single harvester or plow. We are not all cheats, and the reason we have nice farms with high levels is that we enjoy playing this game in the spirit in which it was intented with all the options of the game that we are enabled to use.

Who died and made you the Farm Town police ??
i dont care if someone wants to keep playing. I dont mind it at all. Its the ones that stand in the market and practically scream to everyone that theyre better than everyone else and to please hire them because they just NEED xp. Trust me i see it everyday. Then they come in here and want to know when new levels will be added because they have all these xp's and they "want their farm cash NOW!" To me, thats going against the "etiquette" of playing the game. Give the devs time to work on previous suggestions and glitches...not adding new levels.

And if someone had died and made me the farm town police a lot of farms would be gone. Nothing gets my goat more than seeing people complain that they need another farm so bad because 6,7, 8 whatever just isnt enough for them. Then you visit their farms and one is full the 2nd has a house and a chicken the 3rd has facilities and the rest have nothing but decorations with no crops whatsoever. This is Farm Town...it isnt Lawn Decoration Town.

Visit 's Farm

Old Feb 08 2011, 07:03 PM

Hi, I know we have allowed a little latitude with discussions in the General Feedback section but some of the posts are becoming a bit more than having a differing view on a topic. Please keep in mind that abusive or attacking posts will be deleted and try and keep it friendy.....

Thanks
Old Feb 08 2011, 07:09 PM

Level:
XP:

Notice to mod: As far as Im concerned this is a casual discussion. I have no anger towards anyone here

Visit 's Farm

Old Feb 08 2011, 07:28 PM

Ooooops Tony's watching !! Sowwy Tony

Old Feb 08 2011, 08:28 PM
Account Not Linked

[quote=pythonis;4438150]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
just because you dont like to plow and you hire others to do it for you doesnt mean anything. You get xp even if someone else plows for you. So you may not like the act of plowing but you sure do like getting the xp. Change it to where only the person plowing gets the xp and i bet youll change your tune real quick. And i never said that we were told there would never be new levels. I said we were told "currently there are no plans to add new levels". It wasnt "always known". You just hopefully assumed and happened to get it right.
First by the not wanting to plow is refering to going to the mp to look for plowing jobs not plowing my own fields. People do not need to camp.out at the mp to get the xps needed to jump 20 levels when new levels come out. Second on the levels I do not ever remember the Mods or developers ever leading us to believe that new levels would never come.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Feb 08 2011, 10:09 PM
Account Not Linked

I am a high level player who recently started going back to the Market to work. I don't need the xp, coins or even the crops. I have more than enough of all those things. I go back for these reasons:

1. I am tired and bored from sitting on my farm clicking away at my facilities when I am not sowing or harvesting.

2. I have all these cool super tools sitting idle on my farm when I am not using them. Putting them to work is a very good thing.

3. I go for the people who have a hard time getting help in the Market. Everyone wants to plow, and very few will harvest flowers, fish, or chop or do trees. I do all those jobs for very grateful farmers. I haven't forgotten how I use to have to beg to get help with my two farms full of flowers. So I get the jobs that nobody else wants. All I do is add (All Tools) to my name. I say nothing. I just stand there, and I don't have hands to handle all the requests from very grateful farmers.

4. I see my super tools as toys, and I love to play with them. So I do have a lot of fun working for others with them. They have really put the fun back into my game!

It is my humble opinion that some players are going to be dissatisfied no matter what we do. That's their game! We just need to keep on moving and have some fun while we are at it .

Peace and Love.