Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Feb 07 2011, 10:14 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
Haha.... I do that too.

When the worker is harvesting (after I specifically ask for lower level farmers to help them out) I visit their farm.

If they say they are low 100s or under and it turns out they are much higher, or even maxed, I return and congratulate them on working just one farm and jumping so many levels.... and tell them thanks and good bye.

A couple days back I had 8 farms of fertilized rhubarb ( I do that for fun once in awhile) and some "grandma" avatar was begging for work. So I hired her when she said "no tools" and figured it would make her day. Wouldn't you know it, she harvested with a 4x4.

I questioned her and she said "... well, I don't have ALL the tools yet, and I don't plow, I just harvest"

I said "thanks, enjoy your level 176.... I have to go to the market now and find someone else for the other 7 farms of fertilized rhubarb.... good bye"

and I did....

I thank that level 45 farmer is STILL counting all the coin and points he made, while I did other things and just watched the screen.

Farm Town can be all sorts of fun.

All I am going to say to this is when you play games with people don't be surprised if they play games with you. Go to the market place with clean hands then come here and complain about people not doing the right thing, other wise you reap what you sow.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.

Last edited by JAS0643; Feb 08 2011 at 12:56 AM. Reason: typo
Old Feb 08 2011, 09:01 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
When the worker is harvesting (after I specifically ask for lower level farmers to help them out) I visit their farm.
You dont have to do all that. Just click on the person and click on "send message to". in the popup window it will show what level that person is.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Feb 08 2011, 09:02 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
that is both the strangest and funniest thing I have read her in a LONG time.

whats so funny about it?

Visit 's Farm

Old Feb 08 2011, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
whats so funny about it?
this was the sentence I referred to:

I try not to do do much to get xp's b/c I don't want to be bumped to the top should they add new levels, I wanna work to get there like I should be doing.

funny because:

[1] try not(?) to get exp points? ...... that is one of the goals of the game

[2] don't want to be "bumped" to the top? ..... hhhmmmm

[3] I want to work..... maybe it should read "I don't want to work, because I want to work"

[4] "....like I should be doing" I did not know you should wait/stall/dormant yourself until new levels were there to work for.

Reminds me of the tv game show "Whose Line Is It?"

once you get the game played "the points don't matter"
Old Feb 08 2011, 09:45 AM

Quote:
You dont have to do all that. Just click on the person and click on "send message to". in the popup window it will show what level that person is.

thanks
Old Feb 08 2011, 10:15 AM

Level:
XP:

[quote=StoneFace;4437354]this was the sentence I referred to:

I try not to do do much to get xp's b/c I don't want to be bumped to the top should they add new levels, I wanna work to get there like I should be doing.

What the person meant was that they didnt want to be one of those marketplace plow only beggars that are just trying to hoard xp so that when there is an update they get "bumped" to the new max level (then theyre back in the mp begging to plow and complaining theres not enough levels again). This person doesnt want to be a hoarder. He/she is in no big hurry "I'll get to the top when I get to the top" kind of philosophy

Visit 's Farm

Old Feb 08 2011, 10:56 AM

[quote=pythonis;4437394]
Quote:

What the person meant was that they didnt want to be one of those marketplace plow only beggars that are just trying to hoard xp so that when there is an update they get "bumped" to the new max level (then theyre back in the mp begging to plow and complaining theres not enough levels again). This person doesnt want to be a hoarder. He/she is in no big hurry "I'll get to the top when I get to the top" kind of philosophy
ty, this is exactly what I meant. Where is the fun, if I just get there when they do add more levels? why is wanting to work to get there when its time so weird?
it may not be the best, it may not be the prettiest, and it's certainly is not the most creative but it's mine and I like it. feel free to visit me but please leave complaints and begging at your own farm.
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/?farm_id=904565178
Old Feb 08 2011, 11:01 AM

Level:
XP:

i started playing about 2-3 weeks after the game was introduced. only time i ever "jumped" was when level 32 was the max and we were told that currently there were no intentions of adding new levels. Everyone just kept on playing for the heck of it. When levels were added I think i went up maybe 5 or 6 levels but i havent had that happen since then.

Visit 's Farm

Old Feb 08 2011, 11:16 AM
Account Not Linked

[quote=pythonis;4437394]
Quote:

Like I said before a person doesn't need to got to the mp and beg for plowing job to jump to the top level when they come out. I rarely if every plow and I have been at the top level since august of 2009.

Quote:
i started playing about 2-3 weeks after the game was introduced. only time i ever "jumped" was when level 32 was the max and we were told that currently there were no intentions of adding new levels. Everyone just kept on playing for the heck of it. When levels were added I think i went up maybe 5 or 6 levels but i havent had that happen since then.
I am not sure what game you are playing but when I started farm town there was 34 levels and it was always known that there would be more levels added it was just a matter of when. I never saw a mod or a developer say there would never be any new levels added to the game.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Feb 08 2011, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Haha.... I do that too.

If they say they are low 100s or under and it turns out they are much higher, or even maxed, I return and congratulate them on working just one farm and jumping so many levels.... and tell them thanks and good bye.

A couple days back I had 8 farms of fertilized rhubarb ( I do that for fun once in awhile) and some "grandma" avatar was begging for work. So I hired her when she said "no tools" and figured it would make her day. Wouldn't you know it, she harvested with a 4x4.

I questioned her and she said "... well, I don't have ALL the tools yet, and I don't plow, I just harvest"

I said "thanks, enjoy your level 176.... I have to go to the market now and find someone else for the other 7 farms of fertilized rhubarb.... good bye"

and I did....

I thank that level 45 farmer is STILL counting all the coin and points he made, while I did other things and just watched the screen.

Farm Town can be all sorts of fun.

Please tell me what is wrong with a high level player working through the markets regardless of their level or what their farm looks like? If they are playing in the spirit of the game, and yes, even with tools supplied by the game, then they have a right to do so. I have bought a 4x4 harvester and plow to work my neighbours farms, but if I am hired from the markets along with others I leave them in my storage and do my fair share with a single harvester or plow. We are not all cheats, and the reason we have nice farms with high levels is that we enjoy playing this game in the spirit in which it was intented with all the options of the game that we are enabled to use.

Who died and made you the Farm Town police ??