Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Aug 07 2014, 06:57 AM

Default Quests

Quote:
Originally Posted by amfwells View Post
Please tell me it isn't so..The one reason I love FT is NO quests and begging for stuff..I hope they aren't going to start quests as it will ruin a great fun game..
I agree...Farm Town was fun until they added those quest things. I am very near burning my farm to the ground because of the quests!
Old Aug 07 2014, 07:03 AM

Default Ugly - quests - ugly

This game was a relaxing, time-wasting past time, I just ain't into all this hurry and wait, gotta score another quest horse pucky. I put to many years of that type stress in the real world before I retired.
Old Aug 07 2014, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottom View Post
I agree...Farm Town was fun until they added those quest things. I am very near burning my farm to the ground because of the quests!

Hi cottom!

Doing quests is a personal option, so if you dont like them, just dont do them and you are able to continue your game as it was before the quests were released.
Old Aug 07 2014, 10:08 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
This game was a relaxing, time-wasting past time, I just ain't into all this hurry and wait, gotta score another quest horse pucky. I put to many years of that type stress in the real world before I retired.
I have done 0 quest since they came out..I do not even notice the icon anymore.Kind of selfish for you to want to deny 1 aspect of the game that you are not required to do when many other people enjoy the quest and the FC they get for free.
Old Aug 07 2014, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Quote:

No one is forcing you to do the quests. Just pretend they don't exist and don't do them.

It is still a "relaxing, time-wasting past time". I don't find the quests stressful at all. If I get 1FC that's more than I had before.....If I get 2FC great.....but I'm not pushing to get them. I check my quests in the morning for my new one and then maybe once in the evening. What is so stressful about that??
Old Aug 07 2014, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean's Farm View Post
No one is forcing you to do the quests. Just pretend they don't exist and don't do them.

It is still a "relaxing, time-wasting past time". I don't find the quests stressful at all. If I get 1FC that's more than I had before.....If I get 2FC great.....but I'm not pushing to get them. I check my quests in the morning for my new one and then maybe once in the evening. What is so stressful about that??
I agree - it's not at all like the other games that you have to keep posting for help. Either you have the facilities to do the quest or you let it expire. If I get 1 FC - I'm that much further ahead. Yes, I do try to get the 2 FC but I don't always get it and I'm not stressed about it.
Just ignore the quests, they aren't required and it may not be worth buying a facility to do a quest either but that's your choice.
Old Aug 07 2014, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi cottom!

Doing quests is a personal option, so if you dont like them, just dont do them and you are able to continue your game as it was before the quests were released.
It relaxes me and like said, it is a personal option. Just don't do them if you don't like them. I don't do the mini games but I don't mind them being available for those who does. If I get 2 dollars great, if I get 1 great, if I don't get any, well so be it! I just like doing them.
Old Aug 08 2014, 07:14 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default Frustrated over lost quest points

I am so frustrated over this issue of the quests that are eliminated and not saved until we are able to use them. Why was it set up so that you have to have 8 done within 7 days? The timing is never right so that I can collect the farmcash before the quests are eliminated the next day. I wish this system would change. I would like to see the quests held until we do have enough, if I get 5 completed in 1 day, by the time I can get enough to turn in, the 7 days have run out & I lose all those quests!!! UGHHHH...UGH..UGH..AHWAWH.. OK, my question is> Are they thinking about changing these requirements to obtain 2 farmcash? The company really does not 'lose' money from those people who would love to earn them without paying real cash. Those people want to enjoy the game too, except that, they feel they are left out in the cold, because they are not able to fulfill the requirements for the quests within the time frame, because they don't have all the facilities, or all of the items to produce. They are not given a fair opportunity to play the game without feeling the frustration that this game is designed for those who pay real monies. The game is not designed so the beginners can earn enough farmcash to even catch up, nonetheless even to survive with the few they're allowed to earn.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Aug 08 2014, 07:36 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by knolan View Post
I am so frustrated over this issue of the quests that are eliminated and not saved until we are able to use them. Why was it set up so that you have to have 8 done within 7 days? The timing is never right so that I can collect the farmcash before the quests are eliminated the next day. I wish this system would change. I would like to see the quests held until we do have enough, if I get 5 completed in 1 day, by the time I can get enough to turn in, the 7 days have run out & I lose all those quests!!! UGHHHH...UGH..UGH..AHWAWH.. OK, my question is> Are they thinking about changing these requirements to obtain 2 farmcash? The company really does not 'lose' money from those people who would love to earn them without paying real cash. Those people want to enjoy the game too, except that, they feel they are left out in the cold, because they are not able to fulfill the requirements for the quests within the time frame, because they don't have all the facilities, or all of the items to produce. They are not given a fair opportunity to play the game without feeling the frustration that this game is designed for those who pay real monies. The game is not designed so the beginners can earn enough farmcash to even catch up, nonetheless even to survive with the few they're allowed to earn.
I moved your post to the Feedback thread about quests. Even though you have asked a question it is not one that requires help as I am sure you know what the answer is going to be. Only the developers know what they are planning or not planning and they do not tell us anything before hand.
The rules are simple and straight forward. In order to get 2 farm cash you must complete 8 quests in the past 7 days period. The quests are placed on the chart at the time the last step is completed and are good for 7 days exactly.
So if you are going to have quests that you can't finish before your collection time then delay 1 day before you start the last step. That way you have a buffer of time if you are not able to collect right at the moment the button turns blue.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Aug 08 2014 at 07:55 AM.
Old Aug 08 2014, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knolan View Post
I just have to say this and I'm sure it's on a lot of peoples minds.

This is the developers game that they let us play. They need to earn money to pay the people who develop this game. They do not work for free. So where does the money come from??? People who play the game and spend money on it. They graciously let people play the game without spending any money on it.

I think it is very big of them to give us FC when we first start out and level up. No other game I play does that for leveling up. They have given us FC when they give us new levels. 25 a pop if you are already at the new level. I also think it is very nice of them to give us another opportunity to earn FC via the quests.

I don't feel frustrated when my quest drops off before I collect and only get 1 instead of 2.

Why should the beginners get a lot we never got when we began just to "catch up"? This is a concept that I encountered while working. People doing the same job should be making the same amount of money. Why should you, who were just hired, make the same amount as myself when I have been working her for 13 years?????

The point is they DO NOT have to give us FC at all!!

I am on a very fixed income. I choose to use my "allowance" by spending it on this game occasionally. Spending $40 occasionally is no big deal to me. I would spend that on an evening out doing dinner and a movie. And get what 4-5 hours of enjoyment for my $40. I spend $40 on here and days and days, months and months and years and years of enjoyment for my money.

We played this game for a long time without all the bells and whistles we now have. I have friends (who were good neighbors and loved the game) who no longer play. Once we hit the highest level they bought their mansion and stopped playing. I had one friend who bought her mansion.....sold everything else she had bought....left her mansion sitting in the middle of her farm and quit playing.

So if you like the game play it.....if it frustrates you no end and upsets you so much.....stop playing....block the app....turn around and walk away and never look back. I did that with Farmville years ago and have never regretted my decision.