Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Mar 31 2022, 11:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaBear777 View Post
I've been doing coop quests in order to earn FC for buying new facilities. But I can't get more than 1 FC because EVERY SINGLE TIME you hit me with at least one or more facilities that I DON'T OWN. So I lose the opportunity to accept new quests often enough to earn 2 FC.
Tell me, WHY SHOULD I KEEP WASTING MY TIME WITH COOP QUESTS???
Hi KoalaBear,
I am sorry, but the quests are assigned to you randomly and automatically by the game. No individual is involved in picking what quest you get. The quest assignment manager does not know what facilities or services you own when it selects the quest.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 07 2022, 07:25 PM

Quests you can't complete are annoying, for sure. But if you persevere you can usually get 2FC in the end.
Old May 30 2022, 08:57 PM

I am ok with the occasional Fc facility to complete regular and co op Quests on my main and 2nd accts. . I can even handle one a week for each. I even am able to help out one of my Superneighbors and send her FC facs when needed. However of late, it is becoming more difficult! And this week would have broken the bank, so I closed the doors.
This WEEK so far, the Game gave me FOUR quests needing TWO farmcash facilities each. making it EIGHT for the week on my 2nd acct. The smaller act with fewer resources!. And two co op quests needing fc facilities on the 2nd. Making the total of FC facilities needed at TWELVE!! For that small account! I let them expire. That seems more than just coincidence since I usually will get the one or two a week I need. I know it supposedly is random, but lately t sure does not seem so. There is NO way I can complete the regular Quests on my 2nd account, and decided to let the ones on the Main account slide too. They expired this eve.
Seems a unfair to try and work so hard for 1 or 2 FC but have to spend a couple hundred FC to do so. Seems whenever I need a facility on either acct lately its NEVER a coin one, even tho the 2nd account does not have them all yet. Not even close. Sad because overall I enjoy doing both types of Quests, but whatever is in control here is quite disconcerting, so much so I just had to vent.. .. .
Old May 30 2022, 09:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIAP27 View Post
I am ok with the occasional Fc facility to complete regular and co op Quests on my main and 2nd accts. . I can even handle one a week for each. I even am able to help out one of my Superneighbors and send her FC facs when needed. However of late, it is becoming more difficult! And this week would have broken the bank, so I closed the doors.
This WEEK so far, the Game gave me FOUR quests needing TWO farmcash facilities each. making it EIGHT for the week on my 2nd acct. The smaller act with fewer resources!. And two co op quests needing fc facilities on the 2nd. Making the total of FC facilities needed at TWELVE!! For that small account! I let them expire. That seems more than just coincidence since I usually will get the one or two a week I need. I know it supposedly is random, but lately t sure does not seem so. There is NO way I can complete the regular Quests on my 2nd account, and decided to let the ones on the Main account slide too. They expired this eve.
Seems a unfair to try and work so hard for 1 or 2 FC but have to spend a couple hundred FC to do so. Seems whenever I need a facility on either acct lately its NEVER a coin one, even tho the 2nd account does not have them all yet. Not even close. Sad because overall I enjoy doing both types of Quests, but whatever is in control here is quite disconcerting, so much so I just had to vent.. .. .
Hi Riap,
I am sorry, but they are assigned randomly and it is done by the servers. There is no human control on it. You could have just as easily had an entire week with coin facilities as you did with the FC ones.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 30 2022, 09:22 PM

I understand that. So far when buying needed facilities very few are coin facilities. Usually its fc or ones already on the farm. Coin ones have become rather rare. I can understand on my main acct since I tend to buy coin ones as they come out. But on the other? That one needs just as many coin ones as Fc ones. It may indeed work out in the long run but recently it is definitely tipped to the Fc facility side.
I know I cannot change what is--just venting some frustrations with this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Riap,
I am sorry, but they are assigned randomly and it is done by the servers. There is no human control on it. You could have just as easily had an entire week with coin facilities as you did with the FC ones.
Old May 30 2022, 09:31 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I understand that. So far when buying needed facilities very few are coin facilities. Usually its fc or ones already on the farm. Coin ones have become rather rare. I can understand on my main acct since I tend to buy coin ones as they come out. But on the other? That one needs just as many coin ones as Fc ones. It may indeed work out in the long run but recently it is definitely tipped to the Fc facility side.
I know I cannot change what is--just venting some frustrations with this.
Hi Riap,
All the quests are chosen at random and the program does not know what facilities you own when they are chosen. As you own all the coin facilities then you would only notice when you need one for FC.
Old May 31 2022, 07:38 PM

I know its random but there are algorithims that must react to what we do.
What you say is true of my main acct. But my 2nd is another matter. That account does not have all the coin facs. Not by a longshot. It is probably a 50/50 ratio at this point. Yet this week the Quests are "backed up" and I was unable until tonight to open a new one. Four of the five Quests need FC facilities to finish them. Two of them need two FC Facs per Quest!
Thus when I received FOUR successive quests needing FC facilities this week you bet I noticed! It does seem it may react if one is buying needed FC facs on a regular basis and perhaps, the algorithm reacts by sending more. Just speculation on my part, but yes, recently on that acct I am getting an inordinately high amount of Fc Facility loaded Quests. This week was just the back breaker with four instead of the usual one or two. The Devs may want to look into that one, as I see I am not the only one a bit miffed by this trend.
Quote:
Hi Riap,
All the quests are chosen at random and the program does not know what facilities you own when they are chosen. As you own all the coin facilities then you would only notice when you need one for FC.
Old May 31 2022, 07:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I know its random but there are algorithims that must react to what we do.
What you say is true of my main acct. But my 2nd is another matter. That account does not have all the coin facs. Not by a longshot. It is probably a 50/50 ratio at this point. Yet this week the Quests are "backed up" and I was unable until tonight to open a new one. Four of the five Quests need FC facilities to finish them. Two of them need two FC Facs per Quest!
Thus when I received FOUR successive quests needing FC facilities this week you bet I noticed! It does seem it may react if one is buying needed FC facs on a regular basis and perhaps, the algorithm reacts by sending more. Just speculation on my part, but yes, recently on that acct I am getting an inordinately high amount of Fc Facility loaded Quests. This week was just the back breaker with four instead of the usual one or two. The Devs may want to look into that one, as I see I am not the only one a bit miffed by this trend.
Hi Riap,
The algorithim for selecting the quests doesn't know any thing except to pick a number. That number is the number assigned for a quest period. It doesn' t look at your data to see how many of anything you have. The only thing it does is generate a random number and the program assigns you the quest associated to that number. There isn't anything to look into as it is all randomly blindly chosen with no knowledge of what you have or don't have.
Old May 31 2022, 08:12 PM

It supposedly is so. But with what has happened over the last month or so, it does seem something has changed. It may be random, but nothing in this Universe is entirely random without being influenced by something. Game may not know what folks have or do not, but surely how we play affects how it reacts, even if it is supposed to be completely random. . When the game throws me coin facs to buy four in a week or more then, maybe I will accept this explanation with no further question. Just my opinion by the way
Quote:
Hi Riap,
The algorithim for selecting the quests doesn't know any thing except to pick a number. That number is the number assigned for a quest period. It doesn' t look at your data to see how many of anything you have. The only thing it does is generate a random number and the program assigns you the quest associated to that number. There isn't anything to look into as it is all randomly blindly chosen with no knowledge of what you have or don't have.
Old May 31 2022, 08:17 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
It supposedly is so. But with what has happened over the last month or so, it does seem something has changed. It may be random, but nothing in this Universe is entirely random without being influenced by something. Game may not know what folks have or do not, but surely how we play affects how it reacts, even if it is supposed to be completely random. . When the game throws me coin facs to buy four in a week or more then, maybe I will accept this explanation with no further question. Just my opinion by the way
Hi Riap,
I can't say it any other way. It is random and doesn't know what facilities you have nor anything from your account data. Only thing it knows is you requested a quest be opened and generates a random number. Nothing has been changed except to add the new quests when new facilities are added, since the quests were added to the game.

If you have a specific way that the developers could change this then please post it in the Suggestions section or you can report it to Support if you wish.