Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Mar 22 2021, 05:21 AM

Default on and offline mode

Hello I keep getting disconnected every 3 mins or less i hope you can help
ID 1246188401
Old Mar 22 2021, 06:10 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant123% View Post
Hello I keep getting disconnected every 3 mins or less i hope you can help
ID 1246188401
Hi ant123,

Is it the disconnect popup you are seeing on the game screen or are you seeing a disconnect error in the console under the game?

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Mar 22 2021, 09:09 AM

i have tried for the past three days to get farmtown to play, when i get to a farm i cannot harvest or do anything everything hangs up.. i have done all i can do on my end.. pleasse help.. farm id# 100000076722888
Old Mar 22 2021, 09:19 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zookeeperkaren View Post
i have tried for the past three days to get farmtown to play, when i get to a farm i cannot harvest or do anything everything hangs up.. i have done all i can do on my end.. pleasse help.. farm id# 100000076722888
Hi zookeeperkaren,
I moved your post to the subject thread about loading problems.
Since we don't what all you have done please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

Please check if there is any update for Windows or Mac, you can type update in the search box and you usually get "search for updates", you have to follow the instructions. Remember to close and restart after updating.

Also make sure your browser is updated as sometimes they do not automatically update.

After that then follow the instructions given in this announcement:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/announcement.php?f=1

You have to try all suggestions under FIRST LOAD OF FARM TOWN.
After trying them all, then restart and check again if your game loads.

Also check the steps to check your computer in the first post of this thread.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 23 2021, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi uma437

The first time you posted, I asked you to update Chrome as the picture you posted showed it was not updated.

The current version for Chrome is 89.0.4389.90 (Build oficial) (64 bits), please check if it is the one you have.

If it is, then close and reopen your browser and check if the error doesnt show up.

If you continue getting it, then clear your browser cache. The first time you try to load the game after the clearing, it will load slower, it could last up to 5 minutes, as all graphics have to be loaded again.
Hi Marymarcel,
google chrome is updated automatically on my laptop. So it is at the current version:
Google Chrome ist auf dem neuesten Stand.
Version 89.0.4389.90 (Offizieller Build) (64-Bit)

I cleared my browser cache but the problem still occurs in chrome.

I used Microsoft Edge and Firefox the last two days, but in both browsers loading doesn't work either this morning.
In Firefox the screen stays black without any error messages and in Edge there are several retries running to load the user, error message U60, unfortunately it is impossible to copy and paste the text below the playing screen, it is something like warning ajax send ajax request connection error.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance, UMA
Old Mar 23 2021, 08:19 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hen3 View Post
keep getting stuck on tractor can you help pls xx
Hi Hen3,

I have moved your post to the correct thread for your issues.

Please do the following before you try to load the game again:

Make sure that you have done all your updates on your computer and get it as up to date as you are able to.
Windows Users:
Bottom left of your monitor screen is a search box, type the word Update in it and you should see an option that says Search for Updates, click on it and follow the instructions.

Mac users:
Go to your Apple menu, select System Preferences, then click Software Update to check for updates.
Make sure that you are using one of the major browsers like, Chrome, Opera, Edge, Firefox, that it is up to date and that you have disabled any extensions that you may have added to it and enabled. For example you do pot need the Farm Town Flash Enabler any more and you need to disable any extension that would alter the way Facebook normally looks like the one that reverts Facebook to the old classic look.

Check that cookies and pops are still allowed in your browser, those have been known to change when a browser updates so it's worth rechecking for those if you have not already done so. If you need help with that please click on this link: http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118

If you make any changes to your browser, when you are done, please close the browser and then reopen it to make sure those settings are saved.

If you are still not able to load the game after doing those, pleas go to the1st post on page 1 of this thread thread there is more help for you there so please try those and see if they help. Here's the link to that post in case you need it: http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=650270

If you continue to have problems after trying those please let us know what type of computer you are suing to play with, which browser you are using, what you are now seeing when you try to load the game and if there are any errors showing in the FT console beneath your game screen.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Mar 23 2021, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uma437 View Post
Hi Marymarcel,
google chrome is updated automatically on my laptop. So it is at the current version:
Google Chrome ist auf dem neuesten Stand.
Version 89.0.4389.90 (Offizieller Build) (64-Bit)

I cleared my browser cache but the problem still occurs in chrome.

I used Microsoft Edge and Firefox the last two days, but in both browsers loading doesn't work either this morning.
In Firefox the screen stays black without any error messages and in Edge there are several retries running to load the user, error message U60, unfortunately it is impossible to copy and paste the text below the playing screen, it is something like warning ajax send ajax request connection error.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance, UMA
Hi uma437

Are you using Windows or a Mac? Did you check for updates for Windows or Mack, according which one you use?

For Windows: Bottom left of your monitor screen is a search box, type the word Update in it and you should see an option that says Search for Updates, click on it and follow the instructions.

For Mac: Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu, then click Software Update to check for updates. In Software Updates it will tell you if your software is up to date or if there is and upgrade available. If your are not sure how to update your device and check for updates please click on this link for instructions https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201541

Also, did you check the first post,first page of this thread, for the requirements and suggestions for your computer?

I will copy your posts to a closed thread which is monitoring by the developers.
Old Mar 23 2021, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi uma437

Are you using Windows or a Mac? Did you check for updates for Windows or Mack, according which one you use?

For Windows: Bottom left of your monitor screen is a search box, type the word Update in it and you should see an option that says Search for Updates, click on it and follow the instructions.

For Mac: Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu, then click Software Update to check for updates. In Software Updates it will tell you if your software is up to date or if there is and upgrade available. If your are not sure how to update your device and check for updates please click on this link for instructions https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201541

Also, did you check the first post,first page of this thread, for the requirements and suggestions for your computer?

I will copy your posts to a closed thread which is monitoring by the developers.
I checked the first post weeks ago and everything is as required.
I am using windows and it is updated to the latest version. The pop-up error message in Chrome continues. In Firefox the screen stays black. For what reason ever, with Edge the game is running again now.
Old Mar 23 2021, 12:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by uma437 View Post
I checked the first post weeks ago and everything is as required.
I am using windows and it is updated to the latest version. The pop-up error message in Chrome continues. In Firefox the screen stays black. For what reason ever, with Edge the game is running again now.
Hi Uma437,
Marymarcel is not available right now.
You say Firefox only shows the black screen (with the cube?), but no errors. I suggest you let it run for a while and see if it will finish loading. If you cleared the browser cache then it will have to download all the graphics again.

For your Chrome have you enabled any of the add ons like to keep Facebook in the old format or an ad blocker? If you have then disable them again and it would be best to remove them as they do cause problems with the game.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Closed Thread

Tags
black screen, web gl