Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jun 02 2012, 08:03 AM
Account Not Linked

Default The new 36 x 36 tools

Anyone that wants to upgrade to the new 36 x 36 tools most likely has purchased the gamut of 25 x 25 tools. I'm at the top level, and have carefully spent my farm cash on mostly tools, as that is what helps me work my farm the quickest. I own the 25 x 25 combination harvest/plow/plant tool, and have absolutely no interest in back sliding to separate harvest then plow then plant commands. But to get to the only tool that I have interest in, the 36x36 combo, I will need 140 farm cash.

There is no incentive for me to buy the new tools. I'm not willing to drop 140 FC at one time and I won't buy them individually because I wouldn't use them.

You need an option to purchase the 36x36 combo when you have the 25x25 combo equivalent as a prerequisite.

Love the game, but it doesn't look like you thought this one thru all the way.
Old Jun 02 2012, 10:33 AM

Default Unhappy farm town user

I am very UNHAPPY with the new tools coupled with the CANCELLING of the last generation of tools I had PURCHASED (Actual $$$ out of my checking account) to be able to work efficiently on FarmTown at the then top level. It is fine to raise standards and improve tools...but DO NOT TAKE WHAT WE HAVE WORKED HARD TO OBTAIN to play at the level we strive for. I am NOT willing to continue and feel CHEATED for my participation to date.

Farmtown is cutting off its nose to spite its face...always about the MONEY...more, more, more MONEY. So disappointing.
Old Jun 02 2012, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorups View Post
I am very UNHAPPY with the new tools coupled with the CANCELLING of the last generation of tools I had PURCHASED (Actual $$$ out of my checking account) to be able to work efficiently on FarmTown at the then top level. It is fine to raise standards and improve tools...but DO NOT TAKE WHAT WE HAVE WORKED HARD TO OBTAIN to play at the level we strive for. I am NOT willing to continue and feel CHEATED for my participation to date.

Farmtown is cutting off its nose to spite its face...always about the MONEY...more, more, more MONEY. So disappointing.
I don't understand what you mean about Cancelling the last generation of tools when you can still use them I didn't buy the combine to p/h/s I'm still using the last generation this is the reason I'm confused about your comment of cancellation of them
Old Jun 02 2012, 11:16 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I am confused too on cancelling tools. I know we have too many tools. If we have an old tool it would be nice if we can trade them in and with a little real life money have the new tools! Money is tight for every one right now. The devs as well as the farmers. I think a trade in like in the real world with cars we could all be happy. For Slashkey this is an income. For the farmers is is a place to hide out from the real world. Just stinkin' thinkin'!!!
Old Jun 02 2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorups View Post

The old tools were moved, not cancelled. Look to the left.
Old Jun 02 2012, 01:58 PM

I LOVE this game! Everyone makes the best decision for them on how to play the game and what to spend farm cash on,that being said, I will not be forking out 140 fc to upgrade to the 6x6 combine. The 5x5 is working perfectly fine. BUT I am anxiously waiting to see what the freight train will bring next week! Thanks to the dev's for all the hard work you do for us virtual farmers. (I am a farmer in real life)
Old Jun 02 2012, 04:20 PM
Account Not Linked

4. 6x6 tools: Harvester, Seeder, Plower, Harvest-Plow Combine and Harvest-Plant Combine are now available in 6x6 mode, this will allow you to perform farming operations over 36 fields at a time.
I purchased the 6x6 combine and only got the the harvester..I feel cheated farmtown as I spend lots of time and money on this game and this is the second time I have gotten the wrong tool. Please do something as I spend alot of money here every month.
Old Jun 02 2012, 04:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by martha(tools) View Post
4. 6x6 tools: Harvester, Seeder, Plower, Harvest-Plow Combine and Harvest-Plant Combine are now available in 6x6 mode, this will allow you to perform farming operations over 36 fields at a time.
I purchased the 6x6 combine and only got the the harvester..I feel cheated farmtown as I spend lots of time and money on this game and this is the second time I have gotten the wrong tool. Please do something as I spend alot of money here every month.
You cannot purchase the combine unless you have purchase the harvester and plower before that.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 02 2012, 05:08 PM

Send a message via MSN to annalienjvr
Angry New 36x36 tools

I just can't keep this up anymore. It's not only me who play FarmTown, but my husband too. I just can't afford buying farmcash anymore. I'm South African. For each dollar I have to pay ZAR 8.15 To buy everything double will cost me over R400.00. That's a lot of money.
Why should all the good stuff be paid in fc??????
I drop all the Zynga games because of the fact that the best stuff always have to be bought with facebook credits.
People get in debt trouble by using their credit cards to easily for this stuff.
Come on people, this is only a game, don't be rediculous.
Old Jun 03 2012, 07:50 PM

Here's my two cents for what it's worth. I have the 5x5 tools and combine and everything that led up to that point. But with each new tool, I have always had the expectation that it would actually speed things up. Frankly, this has never happened. The developers made a change to when you are harvesting and plowing together at a neighbors farm, your avatar is instantly there, quickly jumping from click to click, yet when I do my own farm, she still just lazily very slowly walks around the farm clearing and/or planting, plant & walk, etc. etc. I thought I would see a difference in time between the 3x3 and then again with the 4x4 and really with the 5x5, but it still takes just as much time to do my own farm as way back at the 3x3. I won't be fooled again with the 6x6. It only saves on the number of clicks you have to make. If it doesn't save me time, it is worthless. I hope this makes sense.