Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 10 2012, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
i dont understand. Are people wanting to have the ability to work all their farms, facilities, neighbors facilities, and whatever else with the click of one button resulting in a game play time of less than 10 seconds? Because im sorry but thats what it seems after reading random posts in various threads.
Pythonis, I think the point is that those of us who have a few diligent neighbours left, find that they also have 14 farms filled with every conceivable facility and service resulting in it taking sometimes up to an hour to work each of their farm sets.

One of my neighbours has 14 copies of every single facility on her farms, then those farms are layered as well as covered in trees. Even my fast computer struggles to complete working for her in under an hour. My friend who is also her neighbour has a much slower computer and one which simply freezes if she even tries to work that particular farm.

Problem is that Miss 14 copies of everything has been my neighbour for three years now and is a good neighbour. If I want her to work my facilities, I must try to do hers, but it becomes extremely time consuming and sometimes very frustrating.

I have several neighbours which huge numbers of facilities to be worked, and apparently there are many more out there.

I have also found that those of my neighbours who continue to play are those who love the challenge of keeping up with it, but also have busy lives outside of FarmTown. Hence the need to be able to work our farms, without having it take all evening, or in some cases, all day.

Old Jun 10 2012, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
i dont understand. Are people wanting to have the ability to work all their farms, facilities, neighbors facilities, and whatever else with the click of one button resulting in a game play time of less than 10 seconds? Because im sorry but thats what it seems after reading random posts in various threads.
What I was trying to say is there should be a tool or something to speed up working a neighbors facilities/services. Some of my neighbors have 50 - 60 places on ONE farm and I time out. Also, it takes 15 minutes to go through 14 farms of 20+ facilities/services each with all the time outs. If there was a way to do all the services and facilities on each farm I for one, would be able to work them for more of my neighbors. As for regular farming (harvest/plow/planting) the way it is now with the tools, etc works for me.

Farm Town addict since May, 2010

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...2282&farm_ix=0
Old Jun 10 2012, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
and sad to say, but I'm trying to figure out why I would want to buy any of the freight train at all

I may not have got my head around all the instructions yet, but from what I have got so far, the products that I can send my box and container cars off to get for me are things that I already have a huge supply of, and nothing that I really need to be able to send out for.

We already have a way of asking our neighbours for extra produce if we need it, via the plus sign in each facility box, and the extra produce that everyone has been begging for more of are not the ones obtainable via the freight train.

I really had a huge hope that somehow we would be able to send our freight train off to our neighbours' farms to work their facilities and bring back our share of the booty. No such luck.

very sad from my point of view ..... unless I am missing the whole point.
Sadly I agree - I dont need any of the products, now sugar, cheese, canvas textile rolls would have been good - hoping more products will come later but Devs could you please ask us what we need most of please?
Working our neighbours Facs would have been really great - a much better idea!

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Jun 10 2012, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer DeDe View Post
Only one train can be running at a time.
tyvm...And thanks to the ppl who came to my farms..Apparently I bought 2 of the same.......Now I know i didn't but that's a whole new kettle of fish.......And then I find out i can only have ONE of them going at once?..........Now thats just stupid.......I,m really mad and disappointed at the trains......
Old Jun 10 2012, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippity View Post
you can only have 1 train going at a time
she was asking if she bought duplicate cars on two different farms
Old Jun 10 2012, 07:15 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer DeDe View Post
I agree. I also agree the freight train would have had more BANG if it worked your neighbors facilities/services. Or at least gave you a double or triple supply in a week. I am sure there will be more boxcars to come but I think those the Devs could have started the freight system with those items most of us need such as eggs, canvas, meat and chicken. Maybe down the road Raul and the gang will come up with something to do that. Some of my neighbors I can't work because they have so many and I time out while working them. As for the freight train, I will pass for now.

So I will wait for the new facilities, crop and tree. I've cleared space so I hope I am all set. Regardless, I still enjoy the game..for now anyway.
just curious ... but i thought one of the things that sets Farm Town Apart from the other games on FB is that we can interact with other players.. wouldn't it defeat that purpose if you never have to leave your farms to work for others?? just saying.... don't beat me up for this ...

GOD Bless The USA

Level 600, Farmer since June 2,2009

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000233351452

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jun 10 2012, 07:16 PM

Major questions about this freight train, which I hope a *moderator* will read and perhaps offer answers.

1. The train does the same thing as the semi does. It transports goods. Since we can move the semi from one place on the farm to any other, while goods are in transit, why can we not move the train also? What's with this locking it into place on *our* farms for a full 7 days?!?!

2. All facilities, services, and the semi are "actively working" as long as they have goods in production or in transit. None of these appear as ghost images on our farms. We merely have to "check facility details" to learn how production is going. Why does the train have to fade out of visibility just because it is working? We get that it is "travelling" and so therefore "shouldn't" be seen when it may be on another farm doing its thing. But, the semi technically is "travelling" too, and yet we see it clearly.

It is disappointing enough that the products gathered from the train are not really "high demand" products. But to lock the tool into place so it cannot be moved, and furthermore have it appear semi-transparent (totally taking away from the realistic look of some avid decorators' farms where appearance does indeed matter), only add to the disappointment in this new, but far from original, feature. There was so much hype over this commerce train for several months, I am betting most farmers expected far more than we got today. 105 FC spent on items I cannot move for 7 days (I wish I had read THAT detail before randomly placing it), only to get goods I never had trouble getting anyway. Thumbs down, developers. Thumbs down.
Old Jun 10 2012, 07:17 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmer_susan View Post
but what in the world does that mean? At first, i thought "outside markets" meant our neighbors - like it was an automated way to work our neighbors' facilities. But that doesn't seem to be it.
out side markets are the same thing used by your semi trucks, you pay with coins and gas when you load the truck up, the freight train works on the same principle.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jun 10 2012, 07:17 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel7 View Post
I don't get it:

1. I can make 360 paper rolls per day in 1 paper mill and I can put down a paper mill on every farm = 5040 paper rolls every day, with another farm coming soon = 5400 per day.
2. the freight train brings me 168 paper rolls in 7 days

Sorry, but I don't think the developers really thought this one through unless I'm not understanding something or there is ALOT more coming in the future to make these trains worthwhile.
You can only make that much in 1 day it people work your facilites. Otherwise it takes 15 days.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 10 2012, 07:19 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitt1962 View Post
Your math is a little bit off, to complete 360 of paper rolls takes 15 days, you can start 360 paper rolls, but you can not store the total of 360 for 15 days, paper rolls is 1 every hr, so that is 24 in 24 hrs, which is 360 every 15 days, which is the same as the train, it is just the train does not take any of your supplies and can't be stored before the train is done.
Your math is correct but you are not factoring in people working the paper mills. If people work them you get them done a lot faster then the 15 days.

So far the trains in my opinion are not worth the fc and I will not be buying them. The developers need to rethink the quantity the trains carry or the time it takes them to travel the markets.
Closed Thread