Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Jun 25 2012, 08:41 PM

Default Agreed

Why can't the avatar just stay right where she is, all the time? If we want her to meander around, we could select her and click "meader" if we get nostalgic.
Old Jun 25 2012, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roarkitty View Post
Why can't the avatar just stay right where she is, all the time? If we want her to meander around, we could select her and click "meader" if we get nostalgic.
best idea for the avatar issue!!!!!
Old Jun 26 2012, 12:52 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
"Fixing" this game has got to be an absolute nightmare for our developers. I use Chrome and have no trouble with the music ..... although I mostly turn it off

I quit using IE a couple of years ago because I had so many Farm Town issues, but since moving to Chrome it's been full steam and no problems.
personally i think pc's have their own personality and things they like lol lol what browser works for one won't necessarily work for another lol lol i just got this pc a few months ago so i know it is in good working condition.. who knows why?? not I ! lol As i always say "if Bill Gates made cars, we would have to change the oil at every stop sign, and restart the engine at every red light....

GOD Bless The USA

Level 600, Farmer since June 2,2009

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000233351452

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jun 26 2012, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyD View Post
personally i think pc's have their own personality and things they like lol lol what browser works for one won't necessarily work for another lol lol i just got this pc a few months ago so i know it is in good working condition.. who knows why?? not I ! lol As i always say "if Bill Gates made cars, we would have to change the oil at every stop sign, and restart the engine at every red light....

Old Jun 26 2012, 01:13 AM

I agree to the max driverdave...waaaay too much $$$ to buy one tool, not to mention we already purchased a set like you said. This is starting to operate like the dreaded Farmville that I did love until they got so greedy it was not fun anymore. True you don't have to buy the new combine, but if you wanted to the overall price is excessive..I am keeping my 5x5 until you know what freezes over... ")
Old Jun 26 2012, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kataltay View Post
I understand that, yes. But, before, when we would buy one item and place it on the farm, we could *immediately* select that item and then select "Buy Multiple". Now, we cannot select any action for that item (whether it is to move it, rotate it, buy multiples of it, etc) until our avatar is directly next to that item, and the item has fully "loaded" itself. When you try to do any action now, the avatar text "Wait...I'm busy" repeats itself. That is what is newly happening. I was always, since I started playing in July, 2009, able to do any of the menu actions on an item immediately, whether it was fully loaded onto the farm, or whether the avatar was next to it or clear on the opposite side of the farm. We used to also have an option to follow avatar or not....that is no longer there. Is there any way to get around this delayed action?

A quick fix until they fix it (or not) is to place the tree you are buying right beside your avatar. Then it will load immediately and you can move it where you want it and then click on it to use the buy multiple. And of course if you already have the tree on that farm you can click it and use the buy multiple immediately.

I noticed too that you can't click on the tree or anything to buy multiple until it's loaded.

I really think that a lot of the problems I create on here from my PC are trying to do stuff to fast.....but then that's our nature.
Old Jun 26 2012, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean's Farm View Post
A quick fix until they fix it (or not) is to place the tree you are buying right beside your avatar. Then it will load immediately and you can move it where you want it and then click on it to use the buy multiple. And of course if you already have the tree on that farm you can click it and use the buy multiple immediately.

I noticed too that you can't click on the tree or anything to buy multiple until it's loaded.

I really think that a lot of the problems I create on here from my PC are trying to do stuff to fast.....but then that's our nature.
I agree with you Jean about working too fast for the computer to handle. I have a very fast computer, but even now, I sometimes go too fast for it and the farm acts up on me. I have learned that 'problem b'long me' NOT my computer and DEFINITELY NOT Farm Town

Old Jun 26 2012, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
I agree with you Jean about working too fast for the computer to handle. I have a very fast computer, but even now, I sometimes go too fast for it and the farm acts up on me. I have learned that 'problem b'long me' NOT my computer and DEFINITELY NOT Farm Town
Well, I am not placing items onto the farm any faster than I ever did, so I cannot support the theory of us doing the things too fast for the game/computer to handle. It is a fact that, just a month ago, we did not have this constant "wait...I am busy". Sometimes, yes, it is a change within the game, and whatever their reasons, the developers decided to add more waiting time to this game.

Having said that, I totally love Farm Town, with or without these little "issues". I will never quit playing, and will continue to spend real money on it.
Old Jun 26 2012, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTreeFarm View Post
I would like to comment about the problems some people are having with their farms, mainly not being able to open quests, or facility manager, going to each farm, saving, saving, saving, etc. My husband & I both farm and starting today he is having the problems mentioned and worse, he can't harvest, seed, anything for himself or on my farms, now the kicker is that my farms are working fine! Using the same computer, one farm works, the other doesn't. Of course I did all the standard fixits, cache, modem, etc., and still his farm is stuck in quicksand. The only difference between his farm & mine is that he is on W8 and he has the trains and I am on W10 and don't have the trains. So is this the trains causing all the problems some people are having?
I am on W7 and can not go from one farm to another until it is all done harvesting, plowing, or seeding. I run on chrome and my husband on IE his runing slow but is getting there slower than usual.
Old Jun 26 2012, 09:48 AM

When trying to buy or send the feight cars for the train. instruction say a certain factory has to be on that farm or in storage. But when buying it comes back that factory has to be in storage and will not let me proceed. What is the problem? Which way is it?
Closed Thread