Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Jun 18 2012, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokes View Post
The train containers say LOCKED even after I bought the engine and moved tehoil refinery and stone mill on to the same farm witht the engine .. what is wrong ?
Hi , have you tried reloading the game ?
Old Jun 18 2012, 05:12 PM

I'm still unable to dispatch my train. It was unloaded yesterday at 4:30 or so. I was going to move it, and didn't dispatch it while I was in there, and the dispatch button would highlight. I couldn't move it, either with the glove, or by opening the train menu (there is no move on my menu). So I went back in and my dispatch is greyed out, on the status tab, there are no active items.

When I Check the box next to Transparent Dispatched Train, it does ghost, even though it is not dispatched. I've checked it, and reloaded, unchecked it and reloaded... NOTHING!

EVERYTHING ELSE on my farm is working, great avatar speed, no lost connections, no issues. just can't do anything with the train. My Cache has been cleared numerous times, as well as my Macromedia files. Thee computer spent the night off, as was the router. Disk maintenance is up to date (defrag and clean up performed every Sunday). It has to be a game issue, not an issue with my computer.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, tell me what I need to do to dispatch the train!

---Jerry

Farmtown: Where everyone can play the way they want to play, and still enjoy a great game together!

My Quest Plot Farm
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...1897&farm_ix=2
Old Jun 18 2012, 05:34 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokes View Post
The train containers say LOCKED even after I bought the engine and moved tehoil refinery and stone mill on to the same farm witht the engine .. what is wrong ?
You also have to have the Ink Factory on your farm. After I had all three facilities on the farm I still had to go completely out of the game and then log back in before it would let me buy the freight cars. BUT......I just went through my first week waiting for all the products and honestly I can't see where it made any difference. I wish I had never spent the money to buy the train. In my opinion, it sure isn't worth the price of admission. I wish I could give the train back and get my money back!
Old Jun 18 2012, 06:22 PM

I'm still having problems with my train. Unloaded it yesterday afternoon and cannot dispatch it or move it to storage or anywhere else on my farm. I've done everything recommended and still no go......
Old Jun 18 2012, 10:14 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen Betty Nelson View Post
I do love this game. And thank the developers for it, and all of their hard work. [For even trying to keep some of us happy!]
It does take me time to understand the possibilities of the new items, so In that way I think them telling us a little of what is upcoming is good. But I try not to paint much of a picture of what is coming, mainly so I won't be dissappointed if it doesn't turn up like I was thinking it would be. Most of the time I am very pleased when I get the newer things and learn how they work.
I was surprised that the trains actually had a job to do! Thanks for that nice touch! And Yes, I did fuss that that was too much, but I went to work and 'found' the $ somewhere and got the train cars.

However, I do have a major gripe with the game. Most of the times when I hire someone to harvest trees for me, they only do part of them. Now I realize that some of the trees are difficult to harvest without missing some, but there should be a way that they can change color or something when they are ready for harvest. And that then would show me which ones the workers didn't harvest. Some of the trees like the cherries and apples and oranges do show very well, but the people I hire even miss a lot of them. That makes me get upset and do it myself for a few times. Lots of times I will anyway, but it would make it nice if I could see a difference in the trees after they are harvested.
Yes, I know that if I run the harvester over them, it will highlight the trees needing harvesting, but that is the only way to know for sure if they have been harvested. I am talking about maybe a highlighted color or something for a whole field of certain trees that have not been harvested.
Wonder if anyone else has this same problem?
Thanks again for the game.
The trees get a white line across them when you are harvesting and they go kind of like the train opaque and when you finish harvesting they are back to their green color.... no problem with that... people from the market tried to do as many as they can as fast as they can and then move on, in my farms I do the trees and the fishing, its therapeutical, like pulling weeds, better than a psychiatrist..... lol
Old Jun 18 2012, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Belle View Post
The trees get a white line across them when you are harvesting and they go kind of like the train opaque and when you finish harvesting they are back to their green color.... no problem with that... people from the market tried to do as many as they can as fast as they can and then move on, in my farms I do the trees and the fishing, its therapeutic, like pulling weeds, better than a psychiatrist..... lol
I find it hard to harvest trees for other players. They might have taller trees in front of shorter trees, or they haven't used an 8x8 pattern for me to sweep through them with the harvester. Or they mix in chopping trees with the harvest trees, but have tall trees in from of the chopping trees. I try to be very thorough when I do get a tree harvest job, but someone hiring needs to be sympathetic to a player that may not have the big tools, and if they haven't placed the trees in easily harvest-able patters.

I find it especially difficult to clean up after someone without the 8x8 or a smaller tool. They leave scattered trees, that are hard to pick up.

I to do not hire for the trees, since i can sweep through my massive tree farm very quickly. I laid them out in height order (except a small patch that was replaced after I reached the 6th degree Dan for a tree that isn't used in production). They are planed in rows of 8, with an empty row in between. Really easy with the 8x8.

---Jerry

Farmtown: Where everyone can play the way they want to play, and still enjoy a great game together!

My Quest Plot Farm
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...1897&farm_ix=2
Old Jun 19 2012, 02:06 AM

Level:
XP:
Default Boost train?

I see "Boost train" in Train Status tab.
Will you do the same to Oil Pump, Minerals Mine, Open Pit, Fish Plant, Beehive... (items that we use coins to product/order)?
Old Jun 19 2012, 10:36 AM

SLASHKEY and Raul and all who makes Farm Town Possible and easy and fun to play Thank you very much for a Great Game and Thank You for Listening to us players Happy Farming
Old Jun 19 2012, 11:16 AM

Level:
XP:

i do not say much about the game being slow, etc, but WOW .... today i had to harvest my crops about 4 times before they stayed harvested. it was not the entire field, about 1/2 to 2/3 of the field would have to be redone. and my little farmer was moving so slow.

and yes, i did clear my cache, etc, etc .... i did all the normal things ... just wanted to mention this so the devs could be aware of how many peeps are reporting a sloooowwww farm today

Sunburst Market
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jun 19 2012, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah1979 View Post
I don't think the devs have responded to this yet, but I am just double checking to see if the mods have heard anything about the Question Marks attached to all of the ingredients and products in the "Non-Ingredient" section?
I just checked on mine and the crops and trees do not seem to be affected.
I'm a little concerned about this, too. Don't want to sell anything I need but would like to cash in things I don't. I'm sure it's just some kind of glitch but it's unnerving. If ALL of the non-ingredients had question marks, I'd be more certain it's a glitch - but only 80% - 90% of them do.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Closed Thread