Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 12 2012, 07:32 AM

I do not care that it takes the train 7 days to make its run. I really dont need it, my farms are big enough that I can produce what I need to run my factories at 100% when I load them. I just like to have all the tools, plus I thought it would lessen the amout of stuff I would have to plant for a few of the factories that the train would service. But I am not going to spend the time it will take to move factories around to buy the **** box cars. If I can not just put my train on from 14 with out having to jump through a bunch of hoops well they will not be getting my farm cash for this tool.

Farming since April 26 2009
Old Jun 12 2012, 07:56 AM

I bought the train because, to be honest, I just like to have everything. LOL The train may not carry the goods I am in need of at this time, but I see a lot of potential for future goods that I WILL need. For me buying all the FC items as they come out means I don't have to backtrack later and buy in one huge lump. I realize not everyone can afford the FC items and sometime in the future I might be in the same place they are. If that happens, I will try to save the FC I get from leveling up til I can buy them. Anyway, this is the only game I spend real money on. It was a case of choosing one game that was worth it to me, and FT won hands down. Just my very humble opinion.
Old Jun 12 2012, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
I do not care that it takes the train 7 days to make its run. I really dont need it, my farms are big enough that I can produce what I need to run my factories at 100% when I load them. I just like to have all the tools, plus I thought it would lessen the amout of stuff I would have to plant for a few of the factories that the train would service. But I am not going to spend the time it will take to move factories around to buy the **** box cars. If I can not just put my train on from 14 with out having to jump through a bunch of hoops well they will not be getting my farm cash for this tool.

I do hope that you come back and read this. Would you PLEASE go to the GAME GUIDE and read Chapter 30 on TRAINS??!!
It plainly states that you can have your factories in storage when you purchase the cars, then put your factory back on the farm. You can then move the cars all to one farm or where ever you want them.

I hope this helps some.
Deborah
Old Jun 12 2012, 09:13 AM

Location: Little town in the middle of nowhere, swampland, michigan
Send a message via AIM to Valntyn Send a message via MSN to Valntyn Send a message via Yahoo to Valntyn

Just a quick question that the trains brought up. Wasn't the oil refinery coins before?
Old Jun 12 2012, 09:15 AM

OK, I have read thru all the last 40 pages of comments after the release of the Trains. And, I must say I am so frustrated and disappointed in a lot of people that left comments (especially negative) without READING the official GAME GUIDE. There is a new chapter with very clear explanations just for the TRAIN!!

This seems to happen every time after a new type of play or tool is put into the game. Remember the reactions and lack of understanding or patience with the belts/dans?? Remember the reactions to the new sprinklers??

If I were the devs, I would put up the explanations when you FIRST ENTER your farm, and ALL players would have to READ and cyber-sign that they had READ before they could even open their farm!! But then, I am like that.

Just like I did with the sprinklers, I will wait a few more days before I make the decision to purchase the train, or not.

The above are my opinions of course, but please consider reading before ranting.

Deborah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valntyn View Post
Just a quick question that the trains brought up. Wasn't the oil refinery coins before?
Hi, the Oil Refinery has always been Farm Cash.
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valntyn View Post

Nope,it has always been for fc.
Old Jun 12 2012, 09:26 AM

Default Warning on Lemongrass!

A reminder to anyone that always sell all of their "Non-ingredients".....

Until the Thai Restaurant is released, any lemongrass you may have harvested is showing in the Non-Ingredients.

Just a friendly reminder, so you don't forget!

Deborah
Old Jun 12 2012, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah1979 View Post
A reminder to anyone that always sell all of their "Non-ingredients".....

Until the Thai Restaurant is released, any lemongrass you may have harvested is showing in the Non-Ingredients.

Just a friendly reminder, so you don't forget!

Deborah
good advice

Also, at some point we may have a use for grapefruit and juniper... which are non-ingredients.

I took the time to go to the market, and "SELECT" the items that I do not use or need. These became my own selection of Non-Ingredients and include items that would go to facilities I have no interest in (Beauty shop etc)

Now when I go to the market to sell... I sell "SELECTED" and keep all the other things for inventory and future use.

When a new facility is released, and I intend to use it, I check what items it uses and make sure that those few items are not checked....

Yes, it took a few minutes to do initially, but it made it easier for me.

Old Jun 12 2012, 10:07 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
good advice

Also, at some point we may have a use for grapefruit and juniper... which are non-ingredients.

I took the time to go to the market, and "SELECT" the items that I do not use or need. These became my own selection of Non-Ingredients and include items that would go to facilities I have no interest in (Beauty shop etc)

Now when I go to the market to sell... I sell "SELECTED" and keep all the other things for inventory and future use.

When a new facility is released, and I intend to use it, I check what items it uses and make sure that those few items are not checked....

Yes, it took a few minutes to do initially, but it made it easier for me.

Uh, Stoneface...grapefruit does have a use...it is used in the Herbal Tea Factory.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Closed Thread