Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 12 2012, 12:54 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I know I am thick but does the train when in collection mode just work on the farm where it is positioned or all my farms thats why it takes 7 days?
Old Jun 12 2012, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrot38 View Post
I know I am thick but does the train when in collection mode just work on the farm where it is positioned or all my farms thats why it takes 7 days?
The train goes of to a "virtual market" much like the one for the semi trailer. It takes 7 days to go round all these imaginary markets collecting goods. It doesnt matter how many farms you have.
In the future we will be able to ask neighbours to work it like they do our facilities to speed it up ( I think anyway thats what the boost button is for).

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Jun 12 2012, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel7 View Post
I have to speak my mind here. The complaints on the train are getting out of hand. Yes, it's not what we expected, but this game is a work in progress and the start of the freight trains should be small so they can work out ALL bugs before they add to it and make it beneficial to higher end players. I would rather they do it this way than having massive problems for everybody all at once. I see this as a tool for lower end players at the moment and maybe someday it will work for the rest of us. There is nothing wrong with this and everybody should quit complaining.
Angela that is your opinion and of course you are entitled but you know we are not children being told by teacher to shut up and be grateful for what you get.

This is a game we play and which cost real money to buy the items if players dont tell the Devs when they are not happy,how will they know.

Everyone is entitled to comment and that is what players are doing. you really do not need to read them if you are happy with the new trains..
Old Jun 12 2012, 03:46 AM

Please people can we just listen to the mods and keep on topic?

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Jun 12 2012, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmgirl_Su View Post
Angela that is your opinion and of course you are entitled but you know we are not children being told by teacher to shut up and be grateful for what you get.

This is a game we play and which cost real money to buy the items if players dont tell the Devs when they are not happy,how will they know.

Everyone is entitled to comment and that is what players are doing. you really do not need to read them if you are happy with the new trains..
Thank you!
Old Jun 12 2012, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
I do not think we should have to have the facilities on the farm we want to put the train on. I also have the facilities I need to buy the one longdoor boxcar and it still says it is locked. It just says it is locked does not tell me why it is locked. I am not in the mood to play guessing games with Farm Town as to why I can't buy the boxcar. Also I am not going to go moving factories around from this farm to that farm just so I can buy a boxcar. The game just needs to lighen up and let us buy the boxcars for the train and put them on what ever farm we want. I have never been ****** off at Farm Town before.
This is an area that obviously was not well though out by the devs...a train would NOT be at the facility at my farm...especially if it's having to travel 7 days round trip. You are entirely correct...it shouldn't matter a darn if you have any facility on a farm. I suspect they did this for more FC purchases or it was just something else that was poorly tested.
Old Jun 12 2012, 04:25 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiMo1960 View Post
Mine also wouldn't unlock, until I bought the 'Train Depot' building from the 'Building' tab (3rd page down, bottom right).
Hiya thank you for the answer NiMo1960, sorry took so long but all sorts of glitches yesterday so could not get back to forum till now. I went to the Train thread after I posted here (doh should have read there first) sorted it by putting engine and carriages on the farm where facilities were, then they all unlocked in store then moved engine and all carriages back to farm 1 where my tracks are and all was hunky dory already had depot on farm 1

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jun 12 2012, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoxman View Post
This is a tool for low end players? Huh? Low end players that have 105 FC to spend on this?

If you think the last 3 updates have been great I'm sorry but I cannot concur. They have been disorganized, unimaginative, uncoordinated and frankly uninspiring.

7 days to get a miniscule amount of goods...most of which are outside the main product needs to boot. Sorry but it's just no good.

gotta pop in here and comment.... aimed especially at those who have made a decision based on

[1] NOT reading much of the release information
[2] NOT reading too many of the previous posts
[3] NOT actually looking at the train pieces and what they can and will do

This train release, while not to everyone's taste/needs/wants was in a long process of development (organized). Undoubtedly it was tested many times before release. The designs are much improved over items released these past 3+ years.

The information regarding how it works is actually very precise. Only those (like myself) who bought and dispatched before a little more reading have to wait to "correct" the place or position we really want the trains to be.

Previous posts bring up the FAQs and usually are followed with good information and suggestions.

When opening the train, and then opening the "Train Status" there is a button in the upper left marked "Boost Train". Granted, it is "Coming Soon". But that is he same process as the other facilities had before they could be posted and worked by others. I think the 7-day wait is only temporary.

If you don't want the trains, or the Thai Restaurant, or other tools..... don't buy. Yet I think if they were for coin... most players would buy everything.

The main complaints are the cost. Yes I agree the costs should be more in line with the $1/Level FREE Farm Cash. The costs, however, should NOT be free if we expect to continue playing. Some one has to pay the bills. I, for one, spend a fair amount of real dollar$ because I want to play at a "higher" level. That also helps pay the bills so the complainers can still play... you are welcome..

Perhaps when future freight cars are released which supply what I really need (like sugar and chicken) I will buy those too. And perhaps they will be cheaper..... or not.

In the meantime, when someone finds a similar game that has endured 3+ years online.... has advanced to the current complexity... has a forum and mod team ready to help where they can.... and has an illusive developer who won't post once in awhile... let me know about it please.!!

Old Jun 12 2012, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post

gotta pop in here and comment.... aimed especially at those who have made a decision based on

[1] NOT reading much of the release information
[2] NOT reading too many of the previous posts
[3] NOT actually looking at the train pieces and what they can and will do

This train release, while not to everyone's taste/needs/wants was in a long process of development (organized). Undoubtedly it was tested many times before release. The designs are much improved over items released these past 3+ years.

The information regarding how it works is actually very precise. Only those (like myself) who bought and dispatched before a little more reading have to wait to "correct" the place or position we really want the trains to be.

Previous posts bring up the FAQs and usually are followed with good information and suggestions.

When opening the train, and then opening the "Train Status" there is a button in the upper left marked "Boost Train". Granted, it is "Coming Soon". But that is he same process as the other facilities had before they could be posted and worked by others. I think the 7-day wait is only temporary.

If you don't want the trains, or the Thai Restaurant, or other tools..... don't buy. Yet I think if they were for coin... most players would buy everything.

The main complaints are the cost. Yes I agree the costs should be more in line with the $1/Level FREE Farm Cash. The costs, however, should NOT be free if we expect to continue playing. Some one has to pay the bills. I, for one, spend a fair amount of real dollar$ because I want to play at a "higher" level. That also helps pay the bills so the complainers can still play... you are welcome..

Perhaps when future freight cars are released which supply what I really need (like sugar and chicken) I will buy those too. And perhaps they will be cheaper..... or not.

In the meantime, when someone finds a similar game that has endured 3+ years online.... has advanced to the current complexity... has a forum and mod team ready to help where they can.... and has an illusive developer who won't post once in awhile... let me know about it please.!!

Well said Stoneface- I agree entirely
Old Jun 12 2012, 06:55 AM

Level:
XP:

Why can't the rotation of trains be available when they add them to the system? If they wait too long to enable that option, people would have to rearrange their farms again. I would prefer to have the option at the time they're available so I don't have to rearrange the farms.
And, taking advantage of FT addicts who spend all their hard earned money during this recession, is not good business ethics. We know bills need to be paid, the argument is not that issue, it's the excessive amts of farmcash needed to purchase items. Take a lesson from Walmart, lower prices & sell more, rather than raise prices & sell less.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Closed Thread