Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Oct 21 2011, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrjlprev View Post
i love most of the changes; the ONE i DON'T like is the gifting change; i used to be able to choose facebook lists where i had a list of my friends i regularly gifted to; now this popup comes up and i have to choose the people ... i forget which ones i had on my list! i want to be able to choose my list for gifts i send!
thanks for the great game and the awesome updates~
Hi

there is a new tab at the end called facebook friends list it currently is out of order but will be working soon

Click HERE For instructions on clearing your browser's cache
Click HERE To clear your macromedia cache files
Click HERE For instructions on linking your farm to the forum
Old Oct 21 2011, 08:22 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

is there an ETA on when storing our bait will be fixed?

Sunburst Market
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Oct 21 2011, 08:44 AM

Help..how come when I harvested the wool from my sheep barns (I have six of them with 100 sheep in each barn) I had NO WOOL in my storage? Where did all of it go?
Old Oct 21 2011, 10:32 AM

thanks for the reply; hopefully the friends list will be up and running soon! thanks again
Old Oct 21 2011, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susme48 View Post
And now, we look like strange ones....talking about a post that is no longer there....lolol!
LOL that made me giggle.

We did have an influx of spam but it's under control now (fingers crossed)
Old Oct 21 2011, 12:49 PM

Default Glitches with adding neighbors & gifts

I know there are separate threads for these problems, but since most of the issue has happened since the last update, I wanted to repost here first.

Several days ago, I reported about problems with my gifts and my "unscientific test". I am on Face Book and usually only use Firefox. Out of curiosity, I used IE, and was able to send gifts. On Firefox, after I selected the gift all I was getting was a white screen with a picture of the gift. (I am still getting that.) On IE, once I selected the gift, "Proceed to Send", I was able to select any of the tabs..."Farmer Friends", All Friends, etc, and sent gifts easily.
I did have gifts show up today on the old Face Book area on the left side of my profile page. I could accept those and exchange and they did go to my gift box.
However, I had gifts under the My Requests tab on my farm, and using Firefox I was able to accept the gift, exchange it, but then I can't do anything else. Still can't send gifts or have any of the tabs open for me when using Firefox.

The second problem has to do with adding neighbors. A few days ago, I went to our social forum, selected some people to add as Face Book friends, and eventually as neighbors. I asked 11 people and all 11 accepted my friend request. They then showed up on my FT page under the "My Neighbors" tab. As usual, it said "So and So is not your neighbor"...Invite. I clicked on all of these and ASSUMED the request had gone to them. (It has been quite a while since I added any neighbors.) Well, I got messages on Face Book from several, saying they had not received my request to be a neighbor.
Still thinking about the Gift Problem/Firefox/Face Book connection, I went to IE and clicked on each one of these again. (The box had never changed that says "So and So has not accepted your request".) When I clicked "Add as a neighbor", a Face Book window opened with the "official" request, clicked on it and off the requests went. (9 out of 11 are now official neighbors)
Has anyone else tried to add neighbors in the last few days using Face Book & Firefox???
Also, at the same time, on IE the real Face Book profile pictures shows above each of the avatar pictures. Back on FT with Firefox, only the white generic profile picture from Face Book shows above the avatar. All of the other info (xp, level, avatar name and avatar picture) shows the same on IE and Firefox.
The issue with the generic picture started immediately after Face Book did their wonderful super-duper upgrade about 3 weeks ago. (Bah-humbug) (The day Farm Town was shut down for a couple of hours, on a Friday afternoon..CDST.) When I went to Farm Town the very first time after the "upgrade" by FB, I only had the white generic profile picture. Not a big deal, but when all of the other glitches keep happening, it just tells me that there is a connection (or lack thereof) between Face Book, Firefox, and Farm Town.
Sorry for the length of this message and I hope it was clear, and is somewhat helpful to the devs. Gotta be frustrating to them, cause it sure is to me and all of us having these issues.
Thanks for all the attempts!!!
Deborah
Old Oct 21 2011, 01:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah1979 View Post

I know there are separate threads for these problems, but since most of the issue has happened since the last update, I wanted to repost here first.

Several days ago, I reported about problems with my gifts and my "unscientific test". I am on Face Book and usually only use Firefox. Out of curiosity, I used IE, and was able to send gifts. On Firefox, after I selected the gift all I was getting was a white screen with a picture of the gift. (I am still getting that.) On IE, once I selected the gift, "Proceed to Send", I was able to select any of the tabs..."Farmer Friends", All Friends, etc, and sent gifts easily.
I did have gifts show up today on the old Face Book area on the left side of my profile page. I could accept those and exchange and they did go to my gift box.
However, I had gifts under the My Requests tab on my farm, and using Firefox I was able to accept the gift, exchange it, but then I can't do anything else. Still can't send gifts or have any of the tabs open for me when using Firefox.

The second problem has to do with adding neighbors. A few days ago, I went to our social forum, selected some people to add as Face Book friends, and eventually as neighbors. I asked 11 people and all 11 accepted my friend request. They then showed up on my FT page under the "My Neighbors" tab. As usual, it said "So and So is not your neighbor"...Invite. I clicked on all of these and ASSUMED the request had gone to them. (It has been quite a while since I added any neighbors.) Well, I got messages on Face Book from several, saying they had not received my request to be a neighbor.
Still thinking about the Gift Problem/Firefox/Face Book connection, I went to IE and clicked on each one of these again. (The box had never changed that says "So and So has not accepted your request".) When I clicked "Add as a neighbor", a Face Book window opened with the "official" request, clicked on it and off the requests went. (9 out of 11 are now official neighbors)
Has anyone else tried to add neighbors in the last few days using Face Book & Firefox???
Also, at the same time, on IE the real Face Book profile pictures shows above each of the avatar pictures. Back on FT with Firefox, only the white generic profile picture from Face Book shows above the avatar. All of the other info (xp, level, avatar name and avatar picture) shows the same on IE and Firefox.
The issue with the generic picture started immediately after Face Book did their wonderful super-duper upgrade about 3 weeks ago. (Bah-humbug) (The day Farm Town was shut down for a couple of hours, on a Friday afternoon..CDST.) When I went to Farm Town the very first time after the "upgrade" by FB, I only had the white generic profile picture. Not a big deal, but when all of the other glitches keep happening, it just tells me that there is a connection (or lack thereof) between Face Book, Firefox, and Farm Town.
Sorry for the length of this message and I hope it was clear, and is somewhat helpful to the devs. Gotta be frustrating to them, cause it sure is to me and all of us having these issues.
Deborah
I think your issues are all connected. I don't use Firefox, so don't know how to set this, but I think you need to set Firefox to allow Pop-ups from Slashkey.com and l1.slashkey.com. All of the missing items you can't see in Firefox are pop-up windows.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 21 2011, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah1979 View Post

Deborah
Hi Deborah,

Thanks for the detailed post here.. it might help us work out what's happening. It's always difficult when Facebook is updating at the same time as Farm Town, as the problem could be one or the other, or just the linkage between the game and the platform (FB)

My feeling is that it's FB this time, but that doesn't mean we're in any way 'passing the buck' lol. We'll be sending all the details off to the developers for them to figure out.

Thanks again for the helpful information you've provided.
Old Oct 21 2011, 01:33 PM

Love the idea of being able to just stock all with the ones ticked in the factories. I have noticed a problem though. I have 3 bakeries, 2 of which I fill completely, the third one I only stock with all the breads. When I only ticked the bread in one bakery and went to stock all in the others, it only filled the bread, seems that they are all connected somehow and you cant tick some in one bakery and others in the other bakery, am I right in thinking this of is a glitch?
Old Oct 21 2011, 01:43 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpeak View Post
Love the idea of being able to just stock all with the ones ticked in the factories. I have noticed a problem though. I have 3 bakeries, 2 of which I fill completely, the third one I only stock with all the breads. When I only ticked the bread in one bakery and went to stock all in the others, it only filled the bread, seems that they are all connected somehow and you cant tick some in one bakery and others in the other bakery, am I right in thinking this of is a glitch?
Hello, no it's not a glitch, they are all connected. If you just want to start product in one of the bakery's, just open one of them and load using the buttons there.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Closed Thread