Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Sep 22 2021, 05:03 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby M Newbary View Post
Hi, I was playing earlier and all was going great. I just went in to play a little while ago and it says I must authorize the game. So I did and it gives an error message and says I must authorize it, so I do, and it just does not work. I can't get into the game. All my games have disappeared from FaceBook. My Farm Town shortcut has disappeared. My games are not listed under expired or active, they are just gone. The only thing I did which I don't think it would have affected it but maybe? The thing I did was I cleared off Facebook activity. I thought it had to do with ads is all, not any game apps. The only way I was able to get here was via a this link I had in my email.
I already have an activation number, do I use the activation link and put that number in there again or what do I do or is something in need of fixing? Thank you!
100000484275701 is my user ID number. Sorry, had to edit again because I forgot to add that before.
H, Abby M Newbary,

I have moved your post to the thread about loading issues. Thank you for your ID.

I had a look at your data and the game hasn't put any block on you from playing.

We do know this happens when Facebook puts a ban on you for some reason and it sounding like they have blocked you from all of your games for now or it could be a problem with one of their app servers that you need that gives you access to your games on Facebook. This is usually temporary. It's possible this could last a few days.

If there's nothing in your Facebook support inbox to tell you if there is any kind of ban then you may just have to wait it out as we have no way of telling you how long the ban would be for or if it is a FB app server having issues, only Facebook would have that information.

When you say you cleared your Facebook activity, do you mean you cleared all the game requests from Facebooks games activity area or do you mean you cleared everything via Facebook settings in the Logged actions and other activity section?

Go to Facebook settings and scroll down the left side, click on Blocking and make sure Farm Town isn't showing up there just in case you blocked it by mistake.

If this persists you can contact the support team and perhaps see if they can see what is going on with your account. If you would like to contact Support, please click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Please be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you have any problems finding the automated response to your ticket, please click on the following link for instructions to help you with that: Support Issues - how to find their replies.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Sep 22 2021, 03:25 PM

Hi Tiger! Thank you so very, very much for your reply and help! Today I could get back on. First the thing that said Farm Town was requesting access to my name, profile and friend list showed up, so again, like before, I clicked it and this time it worked, no error message and no telling me I had to authorize. I assumed it was because I'd gone to Settings and Privacy, Settings, and then Facebook Information and then on the right it says Off-Facebook Activity, view or clear and I cleared it thinking it would delete shopping history. However I'm not sure that was the problem as two other people have told me it happened to them too and eventually for one, it fixed itself and the other took some other steps that worked for her. I had written to FaceBook, so maybe they fixed it because of my message or maybe they were working on something, I have no idea, just so glad it's back. I wasn't banned from anything. If I was, they didn't inform me. Thank you very much all you who keep the game running and for your help!
Old Sep 22 2021, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby M Newbary View Post
Hi Tiger! Thank you so very, very much for your reply and help! Today I could get back on. First the thing that said Farm Town was requesting access to my name, profile and friend list showed up, so again, like before, I clicked it and this time it worked, no error message and no telling me I had to authorize. I assumed it was because I'd gone to Settings and Privacy, Settings, and then Facebook Information and then on the right it says Off-Facebook Activity, view or clear and I cleared it thinking it would delete shopping history. However I'm not sure that was the problem as two other people have told me it happened to them too and eventually for one, it fixed itself and the other took some other steps that worked for her. I had written to FaceBook, so maybe they fixed it because of my message or maybe they were working on something, I have no idea, just so glad it's back. I wasn't banned from anything. If I was, they didn't inform me. Thank you very much all you who keep the game running and for your help!

Hi Abby M Newbary,

Glad to hear that you're back in the game now! Thank you very much for coming back to let us know, much appreciated

I had a look at what you could clear from that area and it's so FB can show you things on FB that you might be interested in, by using your search history off of Facebook. When I checked mine I did not see FT listed. There was a game but it was one of those instant games you can play in Facebook Messenger. None of my FB web games were listed there so it doesn't look like those would show as off Facebook activity.

All I can think of is FB have been making some changes somewhere that probably didn't go very well, perhaps a FB dev goofed something up and it's been a bit slow to find and fix. It's entirely possible that whatever they did they only released it to some FB users rather than everyone, which is normal. To be fair, there's only so much testing you can do with so many people before you just have to release it to the masses and see what happens when far more people try to do the exact same thing. Perhaps that is what has happened.

If you keep getting it repeatedly do come back and let us know.

Clickable Help Links:

Old Sep 24 2021, 03:59 AM

Default farm town

userid 628887385
I get the following error. It started over a week ago. I have tried to reload Firefox but i can't get rid of old data. I can only login if I use a different computer
2021-09-24 08:52:52.585 WARNWARNING: Url_Loader.Load_Error - https://cdn.slashkey.com/flash/farm/...efs/assets.xml - Unknown Error
Old Sep 24 2021, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by popover View Post
userid 628887385
I get the following error. It started over a week ago. I have tried to reload Firefox but i can't get rid of old data. I can only login if I use a different computer
2021-09-24 08:52:52.585 WARNWARNING: Url_Loader.Load_Error - https://cdn.slashkey.com/flash/farm/...efs/assets.xml - Unknown Error
Hi popover,

On the computer that has this problem, are you using a saved bookmark in your browser to load the game? If you are please delete it and use the Facebook icon on the left side of Facebook to get to the current version of the game or you can click on the Play FarmTown button at the top of the forum.

Make sure you do that for all your browsers on all of your computers as that error looks like you are still trying to access an old version of the game.

Clickable Help Links:

Old Oct 02 2021, 10:44 AM

Unhappy Farms don't load

I'm having a hard time getting farms to load, whether trying to work someone's facilities or loading my own farm. Sometimes it just hangs at the black screen, sometimes I get an error message. (See photo) This happens regardless of which browser I use. Is there anything I can do to fix this besides repeatedly refreshing the page until it finally decides to load?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg error.jpg (92.6 KB, 4 views)
Old Oct 02 2021, 10:57 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammieRee View Post
I'm having a hard time getting farms to load, whether trying to work someone's facilities or loading my own farm. Sometimes it just hangs at the black screen, sometimes I get an error message. (See photo) This happens regardless of which browser I use. Is there anything I can do to fix this besides repeatedly refreshing the page until it finally decides to load?
Hi GrammieRee,
Please check if there is any update for Windows or Mac, you can type update in the search box and you usually get "search for updates", you have to follow the instructions. Remember to close and restart after updating.

Also make sure your browser is updated as sometimes they do not automatically update.

Try clearing your browser caches, restart your computer, and then try again to load your farms. It will be slow loading after you clear the cache as all the graphics will have to be downloaded again. Instructions for clearing browser are in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421890
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 02 2021, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi GrammieRee,
Please check if there is any update for Windows or Mac, you can type update in the search box and you usually get "search for updates", you have to follow the instructions. Remember to close and restart after updating.

*** I'm running Windows 7 so don't think I can get any updates but I will check. Will be upgrading to 11 when it comes out and has all the bugs fixed, but that won't be for a while yet.

Also make sure your browser is updated as sometimes they do not automatically update.

*** My browsers are up to date.

Try clearing your browser caches, restart your computer, and then try again to load your farms. It will be slow loading after you clear the cache as all the graphics will have to be downloaded again. Instructions for clearing browser are in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421890
*** I run clean-ups and shut my computer down every night. This has been an ongoing problem so that isn't helping either.
Old Oct 02 2021, 02:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammieRee View Post
*** I run clean-ups and shut my computer down every night. This has been an ongoing problem so that isn't helping either.
Hi GrammieRee,
By running clean ups every night does that mean you are cleaning the browser caches every night? If so that may be part of the problem. The graphics for the game are store in those caches. If you clean that out every night then the game has to download those every day and that can take several minutes which would be why it sits at the black screen. When you refresh then it will still have to down load those.

I have a Windows 7 computer too and don't have any problem with loading the game even though we do not get updates for Windows on that anymore. How much memory does your computer have?

The only other thing I can think of is possibly internet problems some where between you and the Farm Town servers interrupting the data transfer. It is probably not between you and your provider as that would cause more problems than just Farm Town. There are many links after that between them and the Facebook app server and more links between that server and the Farm Town servers. Any one of those having problems can cause a loss or slowdown of data transfer between you and the Farm Town servers. Unfortunately we do not have any way to monitor or fix those links.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 02 2021, 08:30 PM

Smile

Thank you so much for your replies and help, Taz!

I did find some Windows updates and installed them but it hasn't helped.

Trying to load the farm now and it's just sitting at the black screen, but at least I didn't get that error message so that's progress, right?

Yes, the clean ups do clear the cache every night. I can try to disable that part of the cleaners I use and see if it makes a difference.

My computer has 12 Gigs of RAM. I used to work people's facilities all day long with several farms running in the background while I was doing other things with no problems, so I don't think that's the issue.

After refreshing 3 times I finally got the farm to load. When I clicked to load another farm it didn't hang, so I think you're right about it being the cache.

Thank you again for your help, and I will let you know if NOT clearing it makes a difference.

Tags
cannot load game, farm not loading, farm town not loading, frequent crashes, game freezes, green screen, loading issues, saving data, u00, webgl, white screen, x025, x025 error