Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Aug 18 2022, 06:50 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pencil View Post
User ID 10153472799438701 Build No: 352

This morning I logged in to get the message that my browser does not support web gl. I am using the latest version of chrome. Nothing loads. Help?
Hi Pencil,

Are your computer updates also done? If not please do those as well.

Then try closing your browser for a few minutes and reopen it and see if WebGL will automatically enable. If it doesn't what you need to do is check that hardware acceleration is still set to be enabled in your browser settings.

To check hardware acceleration is enabled in Chrome:
  1. top right of your chrome browser window are 3 dots
  2. click on the dots
  3. scroll down and click on settings
  4. when the window opens in the search bar type the word hardware in it
  5. you should then see the hardware acceleration option. There should be a slide button to the right of that, it needs to be blue, if it's grey, click on it to turn it blue to enable hardware acceleration in Chrome.
    If the browser then asks you to relaunch it (close and reopen the browser) please do so, then check if the game will load for you in Chrome

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Aug 18 2022, 07:55 AM

Your Facebook USER ID number is: 1168697787 Build No: 352. I have cleared my cache, checked that hardware is on, and the game still will not open. Also, the link does not work either.
Old Aug 18 2022, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelouise View Post
Your Facebook USER ID number is: 1168697787 Build No: 352. I have cleared my cache, checked that hardware is on, and the game still will not open. Also, the link does not work either.
Hi janelouise

Which browser are you using? Did you check if your browser is up to date? Which version does your browser have?

Also check if you have pending updates for Windows or Mac in case you use it.

If you cleared your browser cache, then the game will load very slowly as all graphics have to be loaded again.

I hide everything in your prefences, the wrench, to let you load the game easily.

Which link is not working for you?

Last edited by marymarcel; Aug 18 2022 at 08:16 AM.
Old Aug 18 2022, 01:38 PM

Default WebGl

as of today i cant get onto the game as it keeps coming up
An Embedded l1,slashkey.com says Your browser does not support WebGL. this happed months ago and we all thught this was fixed now why has this happened again on Google chrome why is this still happing
Old Aug 18 2022, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcolin View Post
as of today i cant get onto the game as it keeps coming up
An Embedded l1,slashkey.com says Your browser does not support WebGL. this happed months ago and we all thught this was fixed now why has this happened again on Google chrome why is this still happing
Hi coolcolin

I moved your post to the thread about Cannot Load the game.

Please be sure Chrome is up to date, I got an update yesterday. Also check if you have any pending update for Windows or Mac in case you use it.
After any update it is better to restart.

If the previous suggestions are ok, then close everything and restart your computer. Check if you can then load the game.

If not, check if the hardware acceleration is still enabled in Chrome. To check this:
  • Click in the 3 dots in the upper right corner of your browser page
  • Click in Settings from the menu
  • On the left, click in System
  • A new page will show up, check if Hardware acceleration option has a blue button to the right. If the button is grey then click in it to turn it blue.
    If you are asked to relaunch the browser, please do it and then try to load the game again.

Last thing for you to do if nothing helped, is to clear your browser cache. You have instructions in the following link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421890

Please take in mind that after the clearing, the game will load very slowly as all graphics have to be loaded again.

If nothing worked for you, then contact Support team. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you are having a problem getting responses from Support please read the information in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366
Old Aug 19 2022, 04:32 AM
Account Not Linked

Hi. The hardware is blue, and everything was just updated several days ago.
Old Aug 19 2022, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pencil View Post
Hi. The hardware is blue, and everything was just updated several days ago.
Hi Pencil,

When Chrome was last working for you, do you recall seeing a notification that you were being switched from WebGL2 to WebGL1? If you do and are no longer seeing that notification then you may not be able to use Chrome at this time. We do not know if this issue will be fixed by Chrome.

If you don't remember seeing a notification like that then the other thing you can check for is if you have added and enabled any extensions to your Chrome browser. If you have, disable all of them while you try to load the game in Chrome to see if any of those are causing a problem.

If it's not that either then I'm afraid what you will need to do is find another updated browser that works best for you and use that instead. Opera is similar to Chrome so you might want to try that, but only you will be able to know which browser performs better for the device you are using. If you use a browser that you have not used before please remember that along with checking that it is updated you will need to have hardware acceleration enabled in it and cookies and popups allowed in the browser settings as well.

Clickable Help Links:

Old Aug 19 2022, 07:50 AM

Why can I log on using Chrome? "Your browser does not support WebGL". I have followed all the advise updated Chrome, cleaned, reloaded and nothing works. I can log on with Firefly but not Chrome which I have used for years,\. My Facebook USER ID number is: 1655461483

Last edited by Winterwolf; Aug 19 2022 at 07:56 AM.
Old Aug 19 2022, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterwolf View Post
Why can I log on using Chrome? "Your browser does not support WebGL". I have followed all the advise updated Chrome, cleaned, reloaded and nothing works. I can log on with Firefly but not Chrome which I have used for years,\.
Hi Winterwolf,

When Chrome was last working for you, do you recall seeing a notification that you were being switched from WebGL2 to WebGL1? If you do and are no longer seeing that notification then you may not be able to use Chrome at this time. We do not know if this issue will be fixed by Chrome.

If you don't remember seeing a notification like that then the other thing you can check for is if you have added and enabled any extensions to your Chrome browser. If you have, disable all of them while you try to load the game in Chrome to see if any of those are causing a problem.

If it's not that either then I'm sorry but you will have to another updated browser instead.

Clickable Help Links:

Old Aug 19 2022, 08:02 AM

Thank you for the timely response. I do not recall seeing any notification nor have I added any new extensions. I have updated chrome yesterday, no help. I ques I will have to use another browser

Tags
cannot load game, farm not loading, farm town not loading, frequent crashes, game freezes, green screen, loading issues, saving data, u00, webgl, white screen, x025, x025 error