Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 23 2012, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippity View Post
Have you tried clearing your cache also have you deleted your hidden temp files? If not I would suggest doing both of those things
Lol, ya, that was the first thing I did when the problem started.... and pretty much nearly every day since.... and 3 times today... I am thinking by now anyone who has been playing this game from the beginning, especially after the last year or so when updates really started flooding out, has learned that's the first place to start before seeking help. Its always the first answer you get. The funny thing is though, that has never once fixed any issue I was having so I'm really wondering why it is so quickly advised.
Old Jun 24 2012, 01:53 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I have the same problem, yesterday I even had to delete my cache files every time i changed what seed i was planting, because the field i was planting just disapeared and i was never able to load the different sorts of fields at all.
I think its a firefox problem, it seems to me like it started when the latest version of flash was recently released and i also deleted/reinstalled flash+firefox, but it never helped. So i am using Google Chrome for planting for now, because the only version of firefox i can get to work to some extent is the beta version, but it still is really slow when i plant/harvest alot. Maybe you should try Google Chrome and find out if your problem is firefox related aswell.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jun 24 2012, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvoyce View Post
Alright, I have done everything I can possibly do with my PC and everything checks out just fine. I have even gone as far as to uninstall and reinstall Firefox, Flashplayer, and Java. I have had issues for a week now trying to deal with the lag in play. I have to reload the game every couple of minutes just to be able to sow my farms. I dread helping other people out with their factories and all because it is miserably slow.

Whatever is wrong it doesn't appear to be affecting everyone so I am afraid that it won't get fixed. After doing everything suggested from all the issues with explorer 9, I was never able to get the flashplayer games to work there. I am stuck to Firefox. Now that it is acting up I am pretty much at the end of my rope. Is it going to be fixed soon?
Do you still have IE9 on your PC ?
If so remove it and use IE8.

I had all sorts of issues just having IE9 on my PC
(no web cam, unable to copy/paste (even within Excel), certain images failing to show (even within FT) and slow boot up times)
Had someone remove IE9 (easy actually with Win7) and let it update agian with IE8 and all these issues disappeared.

My browser is 'Avant Browser' and is running in 'IE8 standards' mode.
Old Jun 24 2012, 10:04 AM

Did i miss the update adding farm 15 and levels? Seems like i remember a couple of weeks ago seeing that that would be coming next week. May be a senior moment that I am having. Anyone else having these lately?
Old Jun 24 2012, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PawPaw99 View Post
Did i miss the update adding farm 15 and levels? Seems like i remember a couple of weeks ago seeing that that would be coming next week. May be a senior moment that I am having. Anyone else having these lately?
Raul said these would be coming in the next release, but did not give any date for that release.
Old Jun 24 2012, 02:52 PM

Ok, so I downloaded Google Chrome. It seems to be working fine. Thanks InePine. Not too happy about switching browsers again, but at least it works. :-)

NiMo, I do have IE9 and Windows 7. I have found how to turn it off, but I have no idea how to go back to IE8. Its been too long ago to try restoring back to before I changed it. You would think by now all the issues with it would have been taken care of. I heard a lot of people had problems with it. I don't use it very often, but I really haven't had any other issues other than FB games.

Thanks you guys for your input. I can play FT again for the moment. I hope that whatever is conflicting in firefox will be addressed soon. I've now had to switch browsers twice just to keep up with FT and I really liked Firefox. I really don't want to end up with 30 browsers on my computer just to keep playing.
Old Jun 24 2012, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Ok, so I downloaded Google Chrome. It seems to be working fine. Thanks InePine. Not too happy about switching browsers again, but at least it works. :-)

NiMo, I do have IE9 and Windows 7. I have found how to turn it off, but I have no idea how to go back to IE8. Its been too long ago to try restoring back to before I changed it. You would think by now all the issues with it would have been taken care of. I heard a lot of people had problems with it. I don't use it very often, but I really haven't had any other issues other than FB games.

Thanks you guys for your input. I can play FT again for the moment. I hope that whatever is conflicting in firefox will be addressed soon. I've now had to switch browsers twice just to keep up with FT and I really liked Firefox. I really don't want to end up with 30 browsers on my computer just to keep playing.
Fortunately on Win7 you dont need to go back to a restore point.
Select the 'Start' icon (bottom left, also for turning off)/all programs/windows update.
On that window at bottom left select 'installed updates', noiw you will see a long list of installed program updates, look for 'internet explorer 9 for windows 7', select it and then select uninstall, THEN reopen the 'windows update' window, select 'check for updates', when that is done deselect 'internet explorer 9 for windows 7' and then install remaining updates.

If I got this right in these words it should then put you back on IE8
Old Jun 24 2012, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Alright, I have done everything I can possibly do with my PC and everything checks out just fine. I have even gone as far as to uninstall and reinstall Firefox, Flashplayer, and Java. I have had issues for a week now trying to deal with the lag in play. I have to reload the game every couple of minutes just to be able to sow my farms. I dread helping other people out with their factories and all because it is miserably slow.

Whatever is wrong it doesn't appear to be affecting everyone so I am afraid that it won't get fixed. After doing everything suggested from all the issues with explorer 9, I was never able to get the flashplayer games to work there. I am stuck to Firefox. Now that it is acting up I am pretty much at the end of my rope. Is it going to be fixed soon?
When Flashplayer did it's last update, I wasn't able toy even get into FT. I uninstalled Flashplayer, went into the Flashplayer archives and downloaded the previous version and it works just fine now. Just make sure you shut off automatic updates.
Old Jun 24 2012, 10:51 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

What. this thread is not closed yet? I came in and thought for sure its closed... Tony D where are you? Close this thing already, lol

No emoticons for me, people should get a MAC and there would be no problems and no viruses.... I have an IMAC and it works fine!!!
Old Jun 24 2012, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Belle View Post
What. this thread is not closed yet? I came in and thought for sure its closed... Tony D where are you? Close this thing already, lol

No emoticons for me, people should get a MAC and there would be no problems and no viruses.... I have an IMAC and it works fine!!!
unfortunately they are starting to attack MACS now.
Closed Thread