Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 11 2012, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch85 View Post
What is up with the forum this morning? It has taken me hours to get in here. I keep getting a page that says the page I want is not available at this time. Also my neighbors bar at the bottom of my farm doesn't load completely about 50% of the time. I have done all the self help things and still won't load properly. help? Sorry if this is in the wrong thread, but it's the only one that would let me in.
Ive been having the same problems - only just let me in just now - hopefully its working for you now as well.

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Jun 11 2012, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiel29 View Post
Ive been having the same problems - only just let me in just now - hopefully its working for you now as well.
Thank you so much for the quick reply. Sorry you are having trouble, but I'm a little relieved that's it not just me. Hopefully we both are ok now.
Old Jun 11 2012, 09:51 AM

Same happened to me. Was already wondering if the forum was down lol Just got in
Old Jun 11 2012, 09:52 AM

definitely a glitch on the forum.... I ended u p posting 3 times.. even though I only did it once lol
Old Jun 11 2012, 10:26 AM

IMHO, the train goes "Ghost" and the Semi-Truck doesn't for a simple reason. The train is not unloadable for the full time it is "away", whereas the Semi-Truck can be unloaded as goods are ready based on the delivery time frame. It is a visual that the Train is not ready to be unloaded. I would imagine there would be 100's of posts "My train is missing" if it completely disappeared, and 100's of post "We need some way to know that our train is still visiting the markets" if there wasn't something visually telling us that our train isn't ready.

I suppose they could make us buy a freight station that we could hoover over that would say "Train will return in X days"... But then we would have comments that we had to buy yet another facility/tool/building.

I think that if we can just give it a little time to see where they take this new train concept, we will be happy in the end. We created the expectations for the train, the comment by Raul is simple in the original post when it was written. I think that many of us created the "utopia train" in our minds, and now the train is not living up to it. It's not the developer's fault for our created expectations.

Not everyone needs the same goods. As I posted earlier, because I have purchased many of the FC animals, I don't need the milk, eggs or wool. I don't need items from the mines, since I have one of each on every farm. I don't need cheese, sugar or canvas, because I have a dairy, sugar refinery and textile mill on every farm. What I do need is paper rolls, and I have paper mill on every farm, and still cannot produce enough to support all of the facilities that use it. But I know that others cannot buy the FC animals to meet their production needs, and if a train car is released that will bring these items, I won't be commenting that it doesn't meet my needs, since it does meet other players' needs. It will allow me to not have to buy any additional FC animals for Farm 15 and beyond, ultimately saving me money.

I recognize that there are many, varying directions that the players would like the game to go, and I don't know which would be best in the long term of the game, and which wouldn't. I once read a post for a total farm combine - 14 clicks and all of my harvesting plowing and planting would be done. If I had a tool like that, IMHO the game wouldn't be fun, and I'd have to find a new game that consumed my time. But for the players that posed that option, they have a medical issue that all of the clicking aggravate, so for them, it would enhance their game play. Who is right? Who is wrong? Who am I to say?

With the train cars available, and future cars, I think I may be able to delete some of my duplicate facilities, if the trains are able to bring just the highly used items out of some of the facilities. This in turn will make it easier when my neighbors work my facilities, and improve the overall game play, as I play it. I'm excited about the direction they have chosen, and will find a way to use them to my advantage in they way I play the game.

I'd encourage everyone to stop and think about how our personal ideas and needs played into our "disappointment" with the trains.

---Jerry

Farmtown: Where everyone can play the way they want to play, and still enjoy a great game together!

My Quest Plot Farm
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...1897&farm_ix=2

Last edited by jcassemjr; Jun 11 2012 at 10:36 AM.
Old Jun 11 2012, 10:38 AM
Account Not Linked

Thank you for the update. I can see the future potential, especially when the "boost" button is active and more products are available. Personally, I don't need the products offered.

None of my neighbors enjoy working facilities so I don't post them anymore. Because of that, I almost never run out of anything. These are the first Farm Cash items that I have not purchasing. I have every Farm Cash tool and Facility, but I just don't have a use for the train. If the facility working process becomes easier in the future, that might change because I will start posting for workers again.

I'm looking forward to the new facilities and have already planted the new trees and crops.
Old Jun 11 2012, 10:41 AM

These trains are a good idea...that the devs screwed up. Let me get this right...I have to spend all of this FC to wait SEVEN DAYS for a pathetic amount of goods?

CMON SK...hire some new devs...the past 3 releases were pathetic...this is a good idea gone bad.
Old Jun 11 2012, 10:53 AM

I have to speak my mind here. The complaints on the train are getting out of hand. Yes, it's not what we expected, but this game is a work in progress and the start of the freight trains should be small so they can work out ALL bugs before they add to it and make it beneficial to higher end players. I would rather they do it this way than having massive problems for everybody all at once. I see this as a tool for lower end players at the moment and maybe someday it will work for the rest of us. There is nothing wrong with this and everybody should quit complaining. I so appreciate everything that the developers do to this game with each and every update, even if what they produce is not something that I'm going to spend my real money on. Fact is, if I were a developer and hearing all these complaints about my hard work, I would think twice about doing anything else. And while I'm on my rant, maybe it would just be a fantastic idea if they never ever told us anything that may or may not be coming in the future so everybody will quit with the negative comments when it doesn't happen on schedule. It's like having a baby - it will be ready when it is ready and not a moment earlier. There is enough in this game to keep lots of people happy doing lots of things and if this game is irritating you to that degree, maybe you should not be playing. OK, I've ranted enough - I'm off to quietly and contently play farm town - God bless all of you, especially the developers who do work hard trying to keep alot of people happy.
Old Jun 11 2012, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoxman View Post
These trains are a good idea...that the devs screwed up. Let me get this right...I have to spend all of this FC to wait SEVEN DAYS for a pathetic amount of goods?

CMON SK...hire some new devs...the past 3 releases were pathetic...this is a good idea gone bad.
7 days FT days = 5.8 days in real time lol
Old Jun 11 2012, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneRedding View Post
Oh dear sure I am just being dim, but all I am getting on the freight wagons is (LOCKED) will keep trying till I understand it lol I went to the farm that has the facilities needed but still no joy but it did stop telling me which facilities I needed for each
Mine also wouldn't unlock, until I bought the 'Train Depot' building from the 'Building' tab (3rd page down, bottom right).
Closed Thread