Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Aussie Rae,
I moved your post to the Help & Support subject thread about gifts as this has nothing to do with the current release. The developers have released a work around fix for the Chrome problems. Have you tried it to see if it is working now?
hi Taz, have not reinstalled chrome as every single time I have tried.. it installs on the desktop screen with that security emblem and when clicked on to open it.. wants me to click to enable it to make changes to my computer... does not make any difference if I change anything in Security settings.. so I have given up on it for my laptop... I still have it on my desktop computer but I don't use that computer every day... its so much easier with a laptop..
Old Apr 03 2020, 08:58 PM
Account Not Linked

I switched to Opera browser during the problems and since your fix to chrome I have not received a single gift or train boost, I know some have been sent as I have spoken to other farmers, but my gifts tab remains empty? Ta.
Old Apr 03 2020, 09:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpdad View Post
I switched to Opera browser during the problems and since your fix to chrome I have not received a single gift or train boost, I know some have been sent as I have spoken to other farmers, but my gifts tab remains empty? Ta.
Hi Grumpdad,
I have moved your post to the Help & Support subject thread about gifts as this has nothing to do with the current release.
Please try going to the following link and see if you have any gifts listed there:
https://www.facebook.com/games/activity

If you see them there then try accepting a couple then go back to the My Requests and see if they show.

If they still are not showing try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 03 2020, 10:52 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Hi Grumpdad,
I have moved your post to the Help & Support subject thread about gifts as this has nothing to do with the current release.
Please try going to the following link and see if you have any gifts listed there:
https://www.facebook.com/games/activity

If you see them there then try accepting a couple then go back to the My Requests and see if they show.

If they still are not showing try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
Taz, I found them in "https://www.facebook.com/games/activity" accepted them one by one boosted a train and it brought 50 gifts / train boosts up which I dealt with but request tab remained empty. Went back to the link and it allowed me to collect 1 at a time the remaining gifts but you do not get an option to change them. I cleared memcashe and temp internet files before posting. Ta
Grumpdad.
Old Apr 03 2020, 11:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpdad View Post
Taz, I found them in "https://www.facebook.com/games/activity" accepted them one by one boosted a train and it brought 50 gifts / train boosts up which I dealt with but request tab remained empty. Went back to the link and it allowed me to collect 1 at a time the remaining gifts but you do not get an option to change them. I cleared memcashe and temp internet files before posting. Ta
Grumpdad.
Hi Grumpdad,
You may have accepted all of them through the activity. But you may not be getting all the data from Facebook. Make sure you have cookies and pop ups allowed in both browsers. Instructions for both are in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 03 2020, 11:10 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Hi Grumpdad,
You may have accepted all of them through the activity. But you may not be getting all the data from Facebook. Make sure you have cookies and pop ups allowed in both browsers. Instructions for both are in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118
Taz,

Got it working again, there was one gift in there that it would not allow me to accept so I clicked on ignore all and it has got rid of it and the problem, I now have a gift showing in my requests, Thanks
Grumpdad.
Old Apr 04 2020, 09:21 AM

The current message states that Chrome is now working again. While I can send and receive gifts, the "my requests" tab still shows the number of gifts after receiving them. I have done the clear memcache and closed the game and reopened the game but the number still shows. If I go to the request tab the gifts still show that were there previously but there is nothing there to accept. This does not happen if I use the Edge browser in Windows 10.
Old Apr 04 2020, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dell466 View Post
The current message states that Chrome is now working again. While I can send and receive gifts, the "my requests" tab still shows the number of gifts after receiving them. I have done the clear memcache and closed the game and reopened the game but the number still shows. If I go to the request tab the gifts still show that were there previously but there is nothing there to accept. This does not happen if I use the Edge browser in Windows 10.
Hi dell 466

After accepting the gifts in My Requests tab, are they showing up in your gift box?

If so, please try the following:

Click in this link: https://www.facebook.com/games/activity

When you are on that page, see if you can see the gifts you previously accepted through My Requests Tab. If you see them, then you can click in the X or in Ignore all at the right top of that page.
Also, if you have trains which you have already accepted in My Requests tab, click in the X too.

After doing that, then run memcache, link below. A new window will open with a short list of unsettings. Close that window and your farm if it is open in another tab. Then reopen your farms.

Check My Requests tab and see if the number is not there anymore or it has changed.

If the number still shows up for you, give it some time as it is probably a problem transfering data from facebook.

Granjera desde el 29 de Julio 2009
Old Apr 06 2020, 01:15 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Unhappy Lost Gifts

I've lost all my gifts that I have received. Some were older but many were for today. Then they all just disappeared! I've been using Chrome all this time and the gifts were coming but I just hadn't had time to collect them all.
Old Apr 06 2020, 05:28 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy813 View Post
I've lost all my gifts that I have received. Some were older but many were for today. Then they all just disappeared! I've been using Chrome all this time and the gifts were coming but I just hadn't had time to collect them all.
Hi Kathy813,

I'm sorry to hear this has happened.

It's possible with all the issues we had with Chrome that you ended up with some stuck gifts in My Requests that did not clear.

To address the issue with the new gifts and for future gifts please try clearing your FT memcache. To do that Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload.

Then please look in My Requests again and see if any of the ones you have already accepted today are still there. When you have done that please then click on this link: https://www.facebook.com/games/activity

See if there are any gifts showing in there that you have already accepted. If there are you will need to click the X on each one to clear them.

If you're not sure which ones you have accepted you can accept the ones showing in there one at a time, but you will not be able to return them as that can only be done in My Requests. If you need to exchange the gift you will have to do that on the next page after clicking Accept. There is a Click Here link on the page which will allow you to exchange the gift. However if they are gifts already accepted you won't get them again it will just clear them from that area.

Once you've done that, you should be fine accepting gifts again via My Requests.

Tags
can't accept gifts, can't exchange, can't receive gifts, can't send gifts, exchange gifts, gift, gift box, gift errors, gifts, gifts not showing up, how many gifts, not able to receive gifts, receive gifts, receiving gifts, returning gifts, send gifts, sending gifts, stuck gifts, unable to receive gifts, window narrows