Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Oct 21 2022, 05:39 AM

Default Software engineering sucks

I have 11 farms with flowers and crops growing. As of this morning six farms now have corrupt files on them. I have reported this before. I have just about had enough. Fix the problem or I will kiss this program good bye.

Bob Rusk
[mod edit: email removed]
October 21, 2022
6.38 am EST

Last edited by Tiger; Oct 21 2022 at 06:41 AM.
Old Oct 21 2022, 07:12 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobrusk View Post
I have 11 farms with flowers and crops growing. As of this morning six farms now have corrupt files on them. I have reported this before. I have just about had enough. Fix the problem or I will kiss this program good bye.

Bob Rusk
[mod edit: email removed]
October 21, 2022
6.38 am EST
Hi Bob,

I have removed your email address form your post as it's not a great idea to post it for everyone to see.

You only have one post on the forum, we are not seeing any other posts by you. If this is something you contacted the support team for please continue working with them. If you sent a ticket quite some time ago I suggest that you send a new one in if you would like to work with them.

Corrupted farms are caused by layering. Putting too many items on a farm can cause these problems. Everyone decides for themselves what they are willing to risk by doing it. The more layering you do the greater the risk that something can go wrong. That corruption can happen at any time.

As you have run into problems we certainly don't recommend you try putting any more items on those farms.
All we can suggest is that you reduce the amount of layering on those farms and see if that works better for you.
Ideally to try to correct it you should be removing all the crops and flowers, then reloading and removing any more that might show up until you get back to a farm with nothing on it. Then it would be up to you what you want to do, but we suggest that you don't put quite so much back on it. If you chose to do that then please remember that if you don't have room in storage for the flowers rather than just deleting them, that not every flower can be bought in the store they can only be gifted so you might want to prioritize those to be stored over any that can be bought in the store.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Nov 11 2022, 06:01 AM

I'm not sure if this is a issue or what, but I was harvesting someone's farms and I watered after using the brown/grey sprinkler. (I have the purple one so I can do all in one go if I wanted but I like to go though farm to farm) Anyway, I water flowers (and it will come up with no flowers to water which some of them were correct as there was no flowers on the farm, so I go to the next farm and I harvest and water that farm, but out of curiosity as the farms should be greyed out if no flowers (or it's been watered) and the ones that were saying no flowers are getting watered too. Can you check it please?? Thank you!!!!!
Laptop: Lenovo IdeaPad 3 14ITL05, 11th Gen, i7

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...1959&farm_ix=0

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...c_location=ufi

FB profile (accepting no FR for the time being) - https://www.facebook.com/alexandrajeffery88
Old Nov 11 2022, 07:07 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandra_J View Post
I'm not sure if this is a issue or what, but I was harvesting someone's farms and I watered after using the brown/grey sprinkler. (I have the purple one so I can do all in one go if I wanted but I like to go though farm to farm) Anyway, I water flowers (and it will come up with no flowers to water which some of them were correct as there was no flowers on the farm, so I go to the next farm and I harvest and water that farm, but out of curiosity as the farms should be greyed out if no flowers (or it's been watered) and the ones that were saying no flowers are getting watered too. Can you check it please?? Thank you!!!!!
Hi Alexandra_J,

I have moved your post to the thread for issues with flowers/mobile sprinklers.

Please remember to post issues not related to the new release items in the relevant Help and Support thread.

I've tested the mobile sprinkler that only waters flowers and only watered one farm. It hasn't watered the flowers on other farms.

When I picked up the mobile sprinkler only the farms that could be watered were showing up, it does not only show you farms with flowers on them, it will show you any farm that can be watered.

You would need to check if any of the farms had been previously irrigated before you watered the flowers. Irrigating also waters flowers so even if there were no flowers on a particular farm it would still show that it had been watered as well as irrigated.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Apr 12 2023, 01:35 PM

Default Purple Mobile Sprinkler Problem

Last night all of my fields were planted with a 4 day crop and irrigated with my purple sprinkler. The crops should be ready for harvesting in 2 days, correct? Yet, when I checked earlier it was showing they wouldn't be ready for 2.9 days and now it is showing 2.7 days. The sprinkler is showing that plants can be irrigated in 5 hours, so they were definitely irrigated.

Another question, when a s/n is watering my flowers should she be able to water all fields at once since I own all of the sprinklers? I can do so on other farms even though the only tool they have for watering is the blue can.

Thanks, in advance, for your response.
Old Apr 12 2023, 01:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmerette GiGi View Post
Last night all of my fields were planted with a 4 day crop and irrigated with my purple sprinkler. The crops should be ready for harvesting in 2 days, correct? Yet, when I checked earlier it was showing they wouldn't be ready for 2.9 days and now it is showing 2.7 days. The sprinkler is showing that plants can be irrigated in 5 hours, so they were definitely irrigated.

Another question, when a s/n is watering my flowers should she be able to water all fields at once since I own all of the sprinklers? I can do so on other farms even though the only tool they have for watering is the blue can.

Thanks, in advance, for your response.
Hi Farmerette GiGi,
Did you irrigate those farms before or after you planted them? If you did it before then those crops would not have been irrigated. The irrigation will only apply to crops that are growing at the time you irrigate. If you hover your mouse on a crop field it will show you if they were irrigated with an (I). If they don't show the I then they were not irrigated and you will have to wait until the irrigation is allowed again.
For watering the flowers they should be able to water them if you have all farms as long as you do not have farms set as quest or private and you own the flower sprinkler and the purple sprinkler.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 12 2023, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Farmerette GiGi,
Did you irrigate those farms before or after you planted them? If you did it before then those crops would not have been irrigated. The irrigation will only apply to crops that are growing at the time you irrigate. If you hover your mouse on a crop field it will show you if they were irrigated with an (I). If they don't show the I then they were not irrigated and you will have to wait until the irrigation is allowed again.
For watering the flowers they should be able to water them if you have all farms as long as you do not have farms set as quest or private and you own the flower sprinkler and the purple sprinkler.
Thanks for your response. They are always irrigated after the crops are planted and the trees and flowers are harvested. Always. They were irrigated after such last night. They are showing they were irrigated as well as still fertilized. Whatever the glitch was it has straightened itself out, I suppose, because they are now showing the correct time. Time remaining is now showing 20.6 hours.

Regarding her watering the flowers, she has never been able to water all the fields at one time and does them one at a time, which is a hassle. Only one field is private, and that was only set as private a week ago, and I don't do the quest so there are no quest fields. I have all the sprinklers, including the purple one.

Again, thanks for your response.
Old Apr 12 2023, 06:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmerette GiGi View Post
Thanks for your response. They are always irrigated after the crops are planted and the trees and flowers are harvested. Always. They were irrigated after such last night. They are showing they were irrigated as well as still fertilized. Whatever the glitch was it has straightened itself out, I suppose, because they are now showing the correct time. Time remaining is now showing 20.6 hours.

Regarding her watering the flowers, she has never been able to water all the fields at one time and does them one at a time, which is a hassle. Only one field is private, and that was only set as private a week ago, and I don't do the quest so there are no quest fields. I have all the sprinklers, including the purple one.

Again, thanks for your response.
Hi Farmerette GiGi,
The only thing that can cause the times to be incorrect would be your computer date/time being off as the game uses that for all the times in it. Since the times are correct now then your computer time apparently has been reset.

It may be that your neighbor has to own at least the flower sprinkler for your purple sprinkler's all farms to be available. I don't have any way to check this though.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 25 2023, 05:10 AM

Default sprinkler for flowers

so on the slashkey.com website it says I do not have the grey sprinker and need to buy it

but when I go to the facebook one I do.
Old Apr 25 2023, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehair View Post
so on the slashkey.com website it says I do not have the grey sprinker and need to buy it

but when I go to the facebook one I do.
Hi bluehair

I moved your post to the thread about Sprinklers.

When you load the website, are you seeing something different in your yellow tool box, like a spinning green oval and maybe the mailbox to register on the left side of your game screen?
If so, just reload the game and check if you can use the sprinkler.

If that doesnt work, open the Store and check what information is showing up for that sprinkler. It could be Buy, Send or Duplicate. If it says Duplicate then you own it.

If nothing works for you then please contact Support. To contact them click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Please include all details about your problem so you can get help faster. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you are having a problem getting responses from Support please read the information in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366

Tags
dead flowers, flower harvester, flowers, freezing flowers, mobile sprinkler, sprinkler, unfreezing flowers, water flowers, watering flowers