Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 28 2011, 12:38 AM
Senior Moderator

Guess you can't please everyone. I like it myself because it looks more realistic than the flat light blue we had.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 28 2011, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double T Dude Ranch View Post
The devs have changed the water to look more realistic and have it all matching based on user input
oooh....I love it. Very nice.

It's a game, not a competition...enjoy at your own pace.

Blessed are the thin-skinned for they shall make life miserable for everyone else.

Google Chrome
WF40

Farming since 3/31/09
Old Jan 28 2011, 07:47 AM

Default Max Button

Are u thinking about adding A max button soon? I ask because I'm getting arthritis with all the clicking!
Old Jan 28 2011, 08:06 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlgray View Post
After looking over and thinking more about the new color of the water, I have to say that there is a definite improvement in that there is a bigger spectrum of colors (i.e. not just a single solid color) and not such a bright royal blue. I particularly like the big lake, especially how there is an area of lighter greenish blue near the shore. But I would have been happier if the rivers had not been such a dark blue, and if there had been more of that lighter greenish blue that I mentioned in them, and also some little grayish and whitish blues and maybe even a few bits of slightly purplish blue tones. Also, with the edges of the rivers so much darker than the rest, it really looks odd now where people overlap them, as they very commonly do; because of that, I think the edges should not be so much different from the middle of the river.

As for the seacoasts, I can see why you might want them to be the same color as the rivers, since many people make layouts where rivers flow into seacoasts, but really, if you Google images of seacoasts, you will see that in most cases the water is a much lighter almost aqua color (not surprising since the word aqua is Latin for water).

So I applaud and thank you for your efforts to respond to the complaints about the colors, and I think there are some definite improvements. I also acknowledge that it's pretty hard to please everybody. But at the same time, I think using generally lighter (and some greener and whiter) shades of blue would make them a lot better still. Try Googling images of seacoasts, lakes and rivers, and I think you will see what I mean.
Based on user info...and I can tell you they thought about it carefully, they decided to make them look similar for continuity and knowing that people design with them wanted a better look instead of what I called that plastic blue
Old Jan 28 2011, 09:00 AM

K i see Valentines Day stuff!!!!!!!!!!! Did we get anything else?!?!?!
Old Jan 28 2011, 09:44 AM

Is anyone else having trouble trying to gift the Happy Valentine's signs?
Old Jan 28 2011, 01:14 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

earlgray wrote: "So I applaud and thank you for your efforts to respond to the complaints about the colors, and I think there are some definite improvements. I also acknowledge that it's pretty hard to please everybody. But at the same time, I think using generally lighter (and some greener and whiter) shades of blue would make them a lot better still. Try Googling images of seacoasts, lakes and rivers, and I think you will see what I mean."
-----------
You've said it much better than I did, earlgray. We're basically on the same page about variation in colors of the water. I also agree with you about the river sections being darker at the edges -- that doesn't seem quite right looking for overlapping sections and also, generally rivers are lighter at the edge where the water is shallow and deeper in whatever shade they are in the middle of the river.
Old Jan 28 2011, 01:21 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Really, it isn't logical that all bodies of water be the same shade of blue. The ocean (in real life) doesn't have the same colors as the rivers which flow into it. Shallow lakes are generally lighter in color than deep lakes. Rarely are any bodies of water as blue-blue as on FT although I admit that toning down the bright, bright shae of the rivers, lakes and ponds and adding some variation in color is somewhat more pleasant looking than what one poster called the "plastic blue."
So right, Farmslave with the comment that "you can't please everyone." Kudos to teh developers for their efforts -- regardless my personal thoughts about the result
Old Jan 28 2011, 01:25 PM

I love the water change!! I had not noticed it because I have been working my mothers and sisters farms as well as mine. I have to redo my water sections, but heck, that is half the fun of the game for me.

I would be up at the top end of levels but I used to rip my farm apart to make interesting designs before we had all these neat new things to play with.

Thank you, this is my favorite game!!!!
Old Jan 28 2011, 02:51 PM

Yea! Hip Hip Hooray!!!! I'm doing a little Valentine dance Thank you for the new & returning stuff!!!
Closed Thread