Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Feb 09 2011, 11:56 AM

Default regarding upgrade requests for Cheese production

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Hazel View Post
Do you have each frm maxed with 100 cows? If not, that might help.
Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't understand the comments about people needing more cows in order to have more cheese. I'm not currently playing FT (partly because of frustration over this issue), but I never ran out of cow’s milk. With 8 hr harvest time for dairy barns, that's possible 3x harvest a day. Having 7 farms at the time and 7 dairy processing plants - it was the processing plant that couldn't keep up, not the cows. Only had 150 cows total (held in 2 barns), that's 450 milk a day and 7 dairy processing plants only make 36 batches of cheese a day each. That's 252 a day. I didn’t mind spending the coins to have dairy facilities on each farm (although they don’t necessarily go with the landscape design I wanted for some farms), but if you have to do that at least they should produce what you need.

I didn’t have all the facilities that required cheese, but the ones I have require more than I can make (I did the math). Butter, for instance, can be made 960 per day, per processing plant and not many products require it.

Had plenty of milk for ice cream and other products and plenty for the cheese - the cheese is just too slow to produce given all the restaurants that I chose to have. There were other places I would have liked to buy, but the addition of cheeseburgers wasn’t gonna happen.

I understand how the faster production thing works by bugging friends to help, and I prefer not to play that way. When I get too many app requests from friends showing up on my home page, I hide those apps and assume other people do the same. I like to keep my Facebook home page for news from real friends and family, not just strangers signed up to help me play a game. I know people do this and that’s totally their choice, it’s just not my preference.

At one time I loved FT. I’ve previously spent hundreds of real dollars on this game (my choice, my enjoyment) … but I believe that if we have maximum facilities on maximum number of farms and production still won't meet demand, something needs to change with the game. Until there’s an equitable balance with goods and facilities, I’m not contributing more $$ and time to it.