Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old May 11 2010, 06:52 PM

True, there are times when it's a system problem but you can usually spot that because the avatar will just stand there and not move.. then it disappears. However, yesterday, as soon as I realized the person was gone, I went straight to the MP again and both people were there. When I asked for harvesters, they headed to the top part of the screen out of view - both of them. Not ALL people are this way though.

It's hard to put them on your blocked list unless they happen to be back in the forum again and as a rule, the same people aren't there each time you visit. I will just continue to do my own harvesting and plowing - at least the job gets done!
Old May 11 2010, 09:31 PM
Account Not Linked

I'm at level 41 when I'm hired to harvest I don't care what type of crops they have. I look at it this way "those coins add up". If I leave before the harvesting is done it's not because the crops were too low paying. It's usually because either my browser crashed or I lost my connection.
Old May 12 2010, 05:10 AM

I have also found that in my experience it is the newbies and many lower level farmers who refuse to accept hire to a lowly crop. I find often that the farmers at level 80 are more than willing to take on any job offered.

I guess the newer farmers have no idea of the challenges we had when the game first began and feel entitled to race up to level 80 on highly paid crops. Some of the farmers in the market place are very demanding, and if I click on them to see what level they are on, the most obnoxious still have a very long way up to the top.
Old May 12 2010, 10:15 AM

The problem with those is that they were blessed to work solo or maybe with one other on someone's very rich farm, and they got spoiled. Yeah, it's nice to get those jobs when you're young in the game because it provides a really nice boost, but no one is entitled to that.

Even so, the way to level QUICKLY is to churn those short crops. If everyone planted these lucrative 3 and 4 day crops, there would be very little work at the market! The folks who power to the top fastest are the smart ones who figured out that they got more xp by churning short crops! Plus, they also realized that hour for hour, raspberries are by far the most profitable crop!

But asking people to "get" this is futile, most don't even know the forum exists.
Old May 15 2010, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charo View Post
The problem with those is that they were blessed to work solo or maybe with one other on someone's very rich farm, and they got spoiled. Yeah, it's nice to get those jobs when you're young in the game because it provides a really nice boost, but no one is entitled to that.

Even so, the way to level QUICKLY is to churn those short crops. If everyone planted these lucrative 3 and 4 day crops, there would be very little work at the market! The folks who power to the top fastest are the smart ones who figured out that they got more xp by churning short crops! Plus, they also realized that hour for hour, raspberries are by far the most profitable crop!

But asking people to "get" this is futile, most don't even know the forum exists.
Soooooo so right there. It is amazing how many people I ask who say 'Forum, forum, what forum?' ..... or worse still 'what's a forum?'.

I would suggest that it's presence could be advertised as a farm town pop-up for a while ..... but on second thought ..... noooooooooooooooo!!!

A 'stupid question department' would definitely have to be set up, with a feature that makes the question disappear every time it is put up .

Such a pity though, because there are no many farmers out there who simply haven't got a clue, and it's a pain for those who do bother to work it out, or visit the forum, read the threads and learn.
Old May 15 2010, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charo View Post

Some of us have real lives, jobs, kids etc.. we don't have time to come to FT every two hours to harvest and plant raspberries.
Old May 16 2010, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by medixgrad View Post
Some of us have real lives, jobs, kids etc.. we don't have time to come to FT every two hours to harvest and plant raspberries.
I am not expecting that everyone do raspberries. But all the folks feeling pissy about doing raspberries should be grateful that there is any work at all!

Now that most of the crops are ingredients for finished products, I have far less incentive to bother myself by going to the market. I have already put tractors on all three of my farms so that if I don't want to deal with the market, I can just get it done myself. Just this evening I decided to go to market instead of doing my farm myself, and I STILL had to clean up after workers did a sloppy job on my trees, and those who don't hide trees for plowing, and don't listen when I say that they need to hide trees and buildings to get all the plots.
Old May 16 2010, 12:50 AM
Account Not Linked

Oh my goodness....

I was in the MP tonight and there were a few people looking for work, one of whom had "I work alone" as a user name. So I can kind of respect that. It just lets me know who not to hire. I didn't iggie the dude.... I mean, he wasn't begging or anything, which was cool.

So I asked if anyone wanted to do tomatoes and I'd hire them to plow afterwards. I asked again a few minutes later. I get hired, I go harvest some sugar cane. I go back and think I'm in a different room. I make the same offer and no-one volunteers except him (so I think I was maybe in the same room, because it'd be too weird if we both ended up in the same random room twice) , I don't hire anyone. I go back to my farm and start harvesting. Mr "I work alone" follows me in and says "so you didn't get anyone. You're too picky. Hire me." I ignored him so he goes "HIRE ME."

I finally said "I saw you the first time. First off, I don't hire jerks and I don't take kindly to random strangers telling me what to do. It's my farm, we do it my way."

He says "FINE B*****. I'm blocking you."

Oh Yes, do exactly what I want you to do, that'll show me!
Old May 16 2010, 03:10 AM
Account Not Linked

for me if things seem to be slowing and not working if i am cropping i try and leave a message for the boss so they know i had a problem , i am happy to work any job wether alone or with a gang money is money and points is points its only a game to many people stress to much x
Old May 17 2010, 12:14 PM

Angry Economy Breakdown.. Giving up on the Market

I've had it with the market. I've been here a long time, almost since the game began. I fought with others to get work durring the bad times. Times when 2 trees or a couple of strawberry plants was gratefully recieved.

Now I love the extra farms, and I love the new facilities. What I do not love anymore is the workers in the market place. This one won't do strawberries, this one only looks at pineapples, this one will only plow and can only work alone. I ask for a worker, and it seems most farmers are too rich and high level to answer back. The market place has turned into the gathering place, people just stand arround and refuse any offers of work.

And when they do take the work on offer, they come to your farm, harvest one small plot, leave the trees, and then they go off. Yes they say thank you, but they don't do the work, I'm left with half the crops to do and tons of trees to harvest. Not to speak of my other 2 farms which I didn't get the chance to show them.

I'VE FINISHED HIRING FROM THE MARKET.. It's much too stressfull, from now on I'll harvest all the crops and trees on my farm and do the plowing myself.

I am of course available for work, which seems to come easily because I don't need pumpkins, can harvest or plow, will work alone or with others, as long as the farmer hasn't hired 8 to harvest and another 8 to plow.
Happy Farming All