Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Feb 28 2010, 02:21 AM

I have problems with the chat box. I have an old computer and the chat box tries to come up and when it finally does, the person has left. Also, if I get lucky enough to be able to hire someone, they get in work their rear ends off and I can't tell if they have finished or not. I'm a big chatter box and see so many trying to communicate and I didn't get a chance to respond, I feel awful, so I refrain from hiring instead of feeling like big jerk. I have lowered my graphics on my computer, used the toggle switch, froze animals and hid things to get this to work.
Old Feb 28 2010, 05:57 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Lately I've found that sometimes when I hire someone to work my farm it can take a long while for them to show up. Today I hired, they accepted, I chose to go with them to my farm and they didn't show up. I waited and waited, then I watered two farms and waited some more. Finally I went back to MP and hired someone else. Again chose to go with them to my farm. This time the second person and the first person showed up on my farm. How can a person delay going to your farm?
Old Feb 28 2010, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaughingHorseFarm View Post
Lately I've found that sometimes when I hire someone to work my farm it can take a long while for them to show up. Today I hired, they accepted, I chose to go with them to my farm and they didn't show up. I waited and waited, then I watered two farms and waited some more. Finally I went back to MP and hired someone else. Again chose to go with them to my farm. This time the second person and the first person showed up on my farm. How can a person delay going to your farm?
slow load times due server traffic slow computers people not haveing everything hidden while loading farms are a number of reasons

If you make one person smile then that person makes one person smile soon the world will be smiling

ive posted because of my obsessive compulsive posting disorder or OCPD

The blacksmiths arms
Old Mar 04 2010, 10:46 AM

I have a total of four farms. My original farm has only 390 arable fields because of all the trees, flowers, water works, buildings, etc. I have put on it. For that one, I usually hire just one person to harvest. If they're thorough, I will usually hire them to plow. If their harvesting is erratic and they won't respond to my prompts to harvest fields they have missed, I don't hire to plow.

Two of my farms are in the 500-600 field range, and I still usually hire only one person to harvest. Plowing is again based on how thorough they are. My largest farm has nearly 900 fields. For this one I will probably hire two people to harvest -- but I tell them I'm hiring two and suggest they work together, dividing the farm up.

Most often, I will hire whoever harvested to do the plowing as well. It's easier than going back to the MP to find someone else. However, I do stack my farms sometimes & I do have neighbors who are trying to level up, so there's no guarantee I will hire to plow. And I don't usually hire to plow until all the harvesting is done.

Oftentimes, when I don't plan to have a farm plowed, I will remain in the MP and get myself hired so I'm not around at the crucial moment. If a farmer sends me a message, polite, I will often return to my farm & hire them. If not, or if they are rude or pushy, I can just ignore their message.

More than anything else, I don't like hiring more than two people to do any job because I find the more people working on a farm, the more erratic the results. I have landed on many a farm where there are hordes of workers running around trying to snatch up all they can get. Then I usually zoom out and find a quiet space to work. When someone jumps in front of me, I move somewhere else. But best of all, when everyone thinks everything is gone, I zoom out and do mop-up. I find most owners really appreciate my efforts & I've often been rewarded by being the only one hired to plow or getting hired to harvest and/or plow a second farm alone.

All that said, a "fire" button would be a rarely used, but very desirable, feature.
Old Mar 06 2010, 04:28 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Ok to all the lvl 60 and now lvl 80 people.I must say I did start not to hire you as for some who said everytime I try I get this Please if you can find a low person I am 60 and dont need it..Which is true..lol Not only that I know some of the max lvl ppl will need coins and such so for that I am sorry.I have always felt the need to help low ppl though.

With the need to do that.I have been on ppl farms where like 20 ppl is working and although sometimes I am just there for the work.. But 20 ppl?? OMG come on yes your right it goes fast and you can reseed.For those who says I dont have time to wait for a few to do the work.Then can you now wait till you do have the time? Have you really even did work for ppl like yourself and see that it really isnt worth your time going there?

I know some may click a few cause of the ppl at the market dont answer when you want them too.But you know the difference in that and when someone just hires all 20 ppl at the market.You get like 5 to 10 plots if your lucky.So that has made me really to nvr hire more then 2 ppl.Which I have hired like 4 at the most before.

I even hired one person to harvest before and she told me are you gonna get me help? Im like well ok..lol Shocked me but I did as she wanted so I went and hired one more.So see it goes to show ppl do speak as well as ingore and lie to you.

I dont care you want to chat or not.If I am on your farm working I am gonna do what I can and chat when I can.If you are on mine I will chat if I dont care how long it takes you to finish my farm.Most of the time I always chat with ppl and when it comes to plowing my farms, I do hide sometimes when I dont feel like explaining the layering.Some ppl thinks its cheating.Well ingore me , report me, or do whatever it is you need to.I have read and read and tried to post in these forums and most of which everytime I do they closed it down.Then dont tell ya where to go on it.But they want you to read and post in the right forums right? Ha ha ha.You cant cause they keep closing them.

Anyway I do use it till they put a stop to it.Cause no matter what some says.It does help the employment lines get smaller.Well least it stops ppl I know from haveing to goto the market.Me too...lol less no one is on and you have crops to do...lol Then I meet more ppl.Now less they stopped the exp for this endless plowing last night.I know on one of my farmtown accounts on myspace is still gettin the exp. PLEASE do fix that and stop the exp.. I could care less about the exp alot of ppl fuss over. Now I didnt say I dont love them.I do remeber me on my main and wanting lvl 44 so bad.I played like non stop till I had it.No I didnt use the layering thing as I not to long ago learned about it.So yes I worked just as hard as MOST of yall..

Besides I couldnt get ppl to do my farm like someone I know and found someone to plow theirs for like 2 hours..Im like wow how lucky...lol Jealous yes I was.Not that they got someone to help exp wise.But the fact they found someone.lol And as for the no exp plowing anyway.. well if you watch when you layer your farm, if I am right you still get the seed exp.So as for plowing not counting be glad for the seeding part..lol and it also slows us down again..lol
As for me? Its not so much the exp I go for.. its just playing the game.I have lots of fun and I love to make ppl laugh.Since another thread is closed I will say here.Maybe someone who has the time or know where to post it.I say for all those who was at 60 and just got bumped to 80 cause we worked and need something else to shoot for.. and for the whinners who thinks when they up the lvls picked a few ppl and made them lvl 80 now and they still stuck at lvl 51 or something like that.Do what another game I play does.And thats STOP the exp from ADDING.Double our coins for the lack of exp.Or just stop the exp count period with nothing in return.I be happy with that ..I think????

To be honest this game does not need to have a end.Yes we wont live long enough to get to 2000 lvls if it just goes on and on.But thats the fun part.How high can we climb? I understand for new and low ppl.. 100 lvls OMG I will nvr make it.Well I hate that the fact is you must not have played many games.Cause alot of games I have played where exp comes in.As you lvl you need more and more to the next.So yes the higher lvl needs way more exp to get there.

Also I would like to see a 3rd farm, rather then make the 2 we have bigger.Yes its sad that if I wanted alot of stuff on my farm I dont have the room.But least with 3 farms you can split it up.I have a very good pc and I do see times where Farmtown wont load or something.I hate to see a person with a smaller pc then mine with problems.Yes I also found out some is on dial-up and such.

Anyway I am trying to make this short as I can.I feel in love with the game when my wife showed it to me.I even told her a few tips...lol She thought at first coffee was a good seed.Rasp is the best so far..lol I even past her up in lvl too when I started to play..like I said I just found out about the layering so my main account did alot and I mean alot of work in a short period of time.So yes to the new ppl IT CAN BE DONE. BUT your hand will hate you later...lol

Yes we need more seeds and more 2,4,8,and 12 crops too What about a 6 or a 10 hour crop?? No more coins please.Keep it with the other seeds.I think we can get just as much work and money without new prices too.

As for the layering and 2 ppl working on my farm.Let me know if you want solo too.I have the work as long as I can layer still.Its mostly no one on or everyone on at one time wanting work that I have a problem with...lol If you spam at the market I will ethier ingore you or not pay attention to your chats.I have seen market full of ppl and its bad enough you get like 5 ppl saying stuff that your chat goes up , up and away to have you come along and type
w
o
r
k
n
e or work needed or if ur name uses more the one line.
e work needed
d work needed
e
d
well thats all for now.Sorry so long but thats all the stuff I been wanting to say with short details here and long there.So I am sure I will get responses to something I didnt say in detail.Like I said I was trying to make this short..lol see ya in farmtown.
Old Mar 12 2010, 07:10 AM
Account Not Linked

I will go to the marketplace and hire one person. if they dont respond. then I go to the next. and so on. I ran into a person today. while working that told everyone NOT to jump around on her farm. HUH> well. when I go to full screen, it jumps around for me. <G> so I left. I felt. .OCD?? anyway. I try to hire one person and ask if they need help. most say no.. so I leave it alone. and I ask if they want to plow.some say no. they dont have time. so be it. If I dont get hired to plow. thats fine too. its a game .. supposed to have fun with it. I leave a farm if its too stressful
Old Mar 12 2010, 03:54 PM
Account Not Linked

Today I was working on someone's farm and when we were done the person working with me asked if I wanted to work on their farm. I said no because I was going to plow on the original person's farm. The swore at me and left immediately. I tried to report them but couldn't. It was very offensive.
Old Mar 12 2010, 10:56 PM

I have found that some people who are hiring don't pay attention what is being said at the MP. I guess they assume that it is all begging so don't pay attention?That isn't always the case.

I was having trouble plowing Tuesday night so I said over and over I will harvest only plowing isn't working for me tonight. I wasn't begging just trying to let others know that I was unable to perform a certain task. I'll be darned if every job offer I got was for plowing! Not one harvest job. I had to turn them down.
Old Mar 13 2010, 09:23 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by medixgrad View Post
I have found that some people who are hiring don't pay attention what is being said at the MP. I guess they assume that it is all begging so don't pay attention?That isn't always the case.

I was having trouble plowing Tuesday night so I said over and over I will harvest only plowing isn't working for me tonight. I wasn't begging just trying to let others know that I was unable to perform a certain task. I'll be darned if every job offer I got was for plowing! Not one harvest job. I had to turn them down.
When I go to the mp to hire people I just find people and click on them I don't brother reading what is being said in chat.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Mar 16 2010, 11:52 PM

I had a hiring experience the other night that absolutely takes the cake!! I could tell the person harvesting hadn't hidden the trees because they had missed the four or five fields that the trees hide. In chat, I asked him three times if he knew how to hide trees. [I'm more than willing to explain how to someone who doesn't know.] Well, no response! So it move to the part of the field where he was working thinking perhaps he was in full screen & couldn't read the chat. I figured if I was standing right next to him, he would see the speech balloon and respond. Well, he remained mute but finally harvested the fields in question.

Here's the kicker. When he finished, he just STOOD there. Hadn't "said" a word to me the whole time. No "Thank you" when I hired him. No "May I please plow?" when he finished. Not one single word!! So I went to my Buddy List, found someone who was on-line and hired them. The guy finally left, but if I ever see him (I will recognize his name) I will send him a private chat on why I'm ignoring him, and then hit the Ignore button.

That's one time I really would have loved to have a "Fire" button!!! My Buddy who did the plowing said if you quit FT and sign out of Facebook, the person working your farm will be gone -- kicked off -- when you come back. I haven't tried it yet, but the next time I get someone non-responsive or overly familiar, I'm going to.

Farm? Not Here!!
~ Gateway to My Agricultural Empire ~

Farming Since 26 September 2009
Level 1175 & Rising

Am I addicted to Farm Town?