Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Mar 21 2010, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbkitkat View Post
How do you harvest a cow? or a goat? I don't see that anywhere....
Hi,
U need to purchase buildings. ie: Wool Shed and Milk Shed
Old Mar 21 2010, 04:34 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by JojoNZ View Post
Wow Thank You! It's so easy once you know! LOL
Lol, glad it's working and thanks for letting us know!
Old Mar 21 2010, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double T Dude Ranch View Post
Lol, glad it's working and thanks for letting us know!
Me again, since you have been so helpful can you tell me if the developers will allow the existing animals I have had since day one, to be able to go into storage so I can move them to my 2nd farm? It would be a shame to have to sell them and ask my neighbours to gift more. I wish to do this as my first farm is too cluttered and would like the new buildings on my 2nd farm.
Many thanks, Jojo

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=1614961725

Happy Farming!
Old Mar 21 2010, 04:48 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by JojoNZ View Post
Me again, since you have been so helpful can you tell me if the developers will allow the existing animals I have had since day one, to be able to go into storage so I can move them to my 2nd farm? It would be a shame to have to sell them and ask my neighbours to gift more. I wish to do this as my first farm is too cluttered and would like the new buildings on my 2nd farm.
Many thanks, Jojo
Unfortunately at this time, animals and fuel are the 2 things that do not go into storage. I was in the same boat. I bought a few animals for the second farm and relied on my neighbors to send me the rest.
Old Mar 21 2010, 05:43 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 21 2010
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

IDK< I have tried 3 times today to get the Dairy processing plant to work. I cant babysit it. So far 2 of those times the milk went back to the storage in stead of being processed

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Mar 21 2010, 05:54 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to fly4fun

thanks for the up grade LOVE them. I am trying to make cheese and it keeps telling me I need one more cow milk How many do I need I have 60 cows. I have also noticed that when I send the milk to the refinery I do not get it back even when told I need one more.
Please tell me what I am doing wrong/ Love the idea of processing food. Thanks again.
Old Mar 21 2010, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circle T Farm View Post
IDK< I have tried 3 times today to get the Dairy processing plant to work. I cant babysit it. So far 2 of those times the milk went back to the storage in stead of being processed
Ok u clicked on the Processsing Plant, then clicked on to "Show Facility Details"?
The box with "My Dairy Processing" comes up. There are 2 brown headings. Click onto "Whats Cooking". In there it gives you ur production progress. Once it is fininshed you can click on the item to send it to ur Storage.

Check this out and if it not working then one of the Moderators may be able to help you further.

Good luck.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=1614961725

Happy Farming!
Old Mar 21 2010, 06:01 PM

Send a message via AIM to BillyTheKid Send a message via Yahoo to BillyTheKid

Ok, I think I answered the first part of my own question.
But, I'd still like to know one thing...
I put a LOT of wheat in to production, and it only does 5 at a time - which takes 2 hours.
Eventually, I have to go to bed. If I don't 'store' the flour after it's produced, will it spoil? (as with the other production facilities)
If product WILL spoil if not stored, what's the safety time on that?

All in all, I think this is a great idea. I think there's still a lot of bugs to work out tho. 19 pages of questions so far... lots to read through.
Some updates and clarifications on the first page may need to be in order soon.
Thanks for the new stuff!

Last edited by BillyTheKid; Mar 21 2010 at 06:02 PM. Reason: clarification of statement.
Old Mar 21 2010, 06:09 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Green View Post
How do you add the sugar to the storage ,I must be missing something a\s I get no where with it ,thanks

When you harvest sugar and put it in storage not sell it as you harvest it or have someone harvest the sugar cane it goes into your storage that is all you need to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janisko View Post
Could you please share what you mean by "multiple clicking?" I'd sure like to be able to do that!

When you go to add milk to make cheese or butter if you keep clicking till you run out of milk it will queue up the cooking. If you will look on what's cooking you will see pending and then the number of batches you have pending. When one batches finishes the next batch will start even if you are not logged into the game at that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janisko View Post
Although I'm one of the lucky ones in that my dairy plant is operating properly now, I'm wondering about the length of processing time that just keeps getting longer and longer.

I started "cooking" last night and then harvested more milk this morning. I don't have that many cows and goats but am already out several days before what I have cooking will be ready. In another week or so I'll be out many weeks! We'll never get everything produced and sold!

Did anyone consider what it means to have 3 and 4 hours for each batch? I've already gone to all butter to avoid the length of time cheese takes but on the goat milk our only option is goat cheese and that's 3 hours.

And one last question.. Can we leave our cheese and butter in the plant or will it spoil after a certain length of time? I'll be going on vacation so it will be sitting there for a week.
When one batches finishes the next batch will start even if you are not logged into the game at that time. On the what's cooking tab hover over the item you have cooking and you should see a store button come up click on that and the items that are ready will be put into your storage. I have left butter in there over night which is well past the 30 minute mark and none of it has spoiled so I don't think we need to worry about spoiling.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Mar 21 2010, 06:17 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdavid View Post
Just noticed this, You have a cranberry tree, cranberries don't grow on trees.
There are cranberry trees. The high-bush cranberry or cranberry tree, a member of the honeysuckle family, is unrelated to cranberries.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Closed Thread

Tags
facilities