Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 23 2009, 12:56 PM

Default New Release -- December 22nd, 2009 - UPDATE 2

Hi There,

We closed the other threads related to the latest release to make it easier to collect feedback.

A new version was released an hour ago, it is very similar to the way it was before, and at some times it will be even faster as the avatar is still teletransported when is working on close fields, this may have the effect of the avatar been closer to where the people are working most of the time, which may also contribute to have less collisions.

This version still contains many other improvements targeted to minimize the amount of XP / coins lost, we don't expect it to be as efective as with the latest version, but we still expect improvments on that area, so may be this is a good balance at the end.

Please provide feedback on the new experience.

Thanks

--Raul

IMPORTANT EDIT
: It seems that the newest version of the program is working as it should for many players and they are experiencing the intended benefits. Others are reporting issues which should not be experienced with this newest release. Before posting in this thread, please do the following REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE THE LATEST VERSION OF ADOBE FLASH. Go to the adobe.com website and use their uninstall program to completely uninstall your flash player program. Then BEFORE REINSTALLING clear your browser cache and reboot your computer to get rid of any remnants of the program before going back to the adobe.com site and reinstalling the latest version of flash player for your computer.

Last edited by Wild; Dec 24 2009 at 11:19 AM.
Old Dec 23 2009, 12:59 PM

I can queue, can anyone else

BTW thanks raul for the update,
Edit: I love this update but I am having more collisions than ever, When I work for someone, who hired 3 people for 100 plots, I am clicking in a pattern and when my farmer goes to the to collect my cash, it says already done, this is causing me to lose even more money than before. They farmers, get to the plots before my farmer can get his cash, please just roll it back to its old plowing state Here is a pic
So as you can see, she is plowing OVER my queued plowing spots.

Last edited by Capt. Conor; Dec 23 2009 at 02:05 PM.
Old Dec 23 2009, 01:00 PM

Thanks Raul. I'm pretty sure we'll get LOTS of feedback.
Old Dec 23 2009, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccalby View Post

yes, I cant complain at all, seems to be fine for me

Riverview plantation
Old Dec 23 2009, 02:34 PM

Quote:

Edit: I love this update but I am having more collisions than ever, When I work for someone, who hired 3 people for 100 plots, I am clicking in a pattern and when my farmer goes to the to collect my cash, it says already done, this is causing me to lose even more money than before. They farmers, get to the plots before my farmer can get his cash, please just roll it back to its old plowing state Here is a pic
Thanks for the pic. I had a similar problem but hadn't captured a pic yet. The collection of points still lags several minutes behind the actual plowing or harvesting so if you are harvesting plowing with other people and you plow a whole bunch of squares ahead, there is a problem with the already done message. Stuff that I plowed 2 minutes ago I lose if someone happens to collect their points before I collect mine.
Old Dec 23 2009, 02:39 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwhit73 View Post
Thanks for the pic. I had a similar problem but hadn't captured a pic yet. The collection of points still lags several minutes behind the actual plowing or harvesting so if you are harvesting plowing with other people and you plow a whole bunch of squares ahead, there is a problem with the already done message. Stuff that I plowed 2 minutes ago I lose if someone happens to collect their points before I collect mine.
Sucks. I would like someone to explain to me how supposedly fixing "lost xp's" (which was for the most part a RESOLVED issue) while changing it to CERTAIN LOST CLICKs is an improvement?
Old Dec 23 2009, 02:45 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:

i am having the same problem. I plowed one whole field and received 55 xps and everything else said already done. I love the game and didn't find any problem with the old way. you guys have done a great job! Hope this little prob is solved soon. thanks for giving us such a good game
Old Dec 23 2009, 07:41 PM

I agree with ccalby. Can you just put it back the way it was? If it's not broke, don't fix it.
Quote:

Old Dec 24 2009, 09:05 AM

Angry just horrible

Quote:

I just plowed a field and a user plowed over me. so I didnt get the points that I already did. Kept showing already done .whatever that means.. make it more like farmville for plowing without the plow square ..this sucks!
Old Dec 24 2009, 05:30 PM

Quote:

This is happening to me now since you did the upgrade & also having to be rehired
Closed Thread