Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Sep 15 2011, 04:49 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

RE: Red Sprinkler Issues

This is just to inform all of you that the developers are aware of the current issues with the red sprinkler and waste times. We apologise that this issue is taking some time to correct, and ask you to be patient while we wait for a fix.

Friendly warning: One detailed post per person is sufficient to make your opinions/concerns on issues on this subject well known. Please do not be tempted to repeatedly "spam" the thread. Those post will be deleted without notice.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Sep 15 2011, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah1979 View Post
Thanks for posting this response! I was beginning to think that maybe I was having a brain spasm! Would you mind posting your info under the Help & Support area?? There is a thread called "Flowers..watering sprinkler...etc." and that is where I also posted my glitch. Tiger responded that they (mods) had not had this problem reported before and I should let them know if it happened again. More than one person reporting this would certainly be helpful. It will be at least 5 days before I know if the glitch will occur again, since flowers take 4 days to grow.
Thanks for letting me know I am not the only one!!

Yep, done. Far as I know it only happens when reviving dead flowers but I'm not sure if it happens every time I try to do it.
Old Sep 15 2011, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne View Post
RE: Red Sprinkler Issues

This is just to inform all of you that the developers are aware of the current issues with the red sprinkler and waste times. We apologise that this issue is taking some time to correct, and ask you to be patient while we wait for a fix.

Friendly warning: One detailed post per person is sufficient to make your opinions/concerns on issues on this subject well known. Please do not be tempted to repeatedly "spam" the thread. Those post will be deleted without notice.
Thanks so much, Tiger, for acknowledging the posts, pros & cons, that have been posted about the red sprinkler. This is the first response I am aware of that the devs are actually aware of & looking at the perceived problems & objections!
THANK YOU MODS for passing along the good & the bad!!
THE BEST GAME EVER, EVEN WITH OCCASIONAL GLITCHES!! (Aren't we wonderful test subjects??!!)
Old Sep 15 2011, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbskts View Post
Yep, done. Far as I know it only happens when reviving dead flowers but I'm not sure if it happens every time I try to do it.
Yeah, that would be my opinion, too, because if the flowers are ready, I DON'T water until after harvesting, or until they are completely dry!
Thanks for posting in the other thread. Will try to leave an update in 4 or 5 days when I harvest flowers again.
Old Sep 15 2011, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett128 View Post
Who said the Red Sprinkler does not work on crops less than 2 days? It absolutely does work on every crop, regardless of the harvest time! You are correct that the Red Sprinkler can be used only ONCE each day on EACH farm; however, I have planted 8 hr. crops, as well as 12 hour crops, and irrigated each with the Red Sprinkler in order to afford myself the flexibility of harvesting at my convenience at anytime between 4 and 16 hours after planting for the 8 hour crops and at anytime between 6 and 24 hours after planting for the 12 hour crops. Sure, if you harvest at 4 hours and plant another crop immediately, you won't be able to irrigate that crop until the next day, arguably as early as 16 or as late as 20 hours, until a final determination has been made as to what constitutes a "day" in Farm Town. But consider this: If you plant a 4-day crop, which I believe is still an 80 hour crop, and irrigate it 16 hours after planting, it will be ready to harvest in 32 hours from time of irrigation. If you must wait 20 hours to irrigate that same crop, it will be ready for harvest 30 hours from time of irrigation. In either case, you will be able to harvest, plow, plant and irrigate immediately whatever crop you choose.

All of the complaints about the Red Sprinkler are much ado about nothing! It works beautifully if you take the time to understand how it works and how it can benefit you, and plan accordingly. Just because you may be unable to grasp the concept completely is no reason to attack either the Developers or those who take the time to explain and try to help you understand what this wonderful tool can do for you. Is it perfect? No, of course not. Do I wish I could still use my brown sprinkler the way it worked before we got the Red one? Sure, but 50% of the time, the Brown Sprinkler DOES work the way it did before--when I water for my friends and neighbors--and, Dear Hearts, 50% of something is better than 100% of nothing!

Come on Guys, this is a game! Not life or death. Try to enjoy it instead of making yourself and others around you miserable with your complaints. Look at this as a challenge to your creativity. If the Red Sprinkler does not work to your satisfaction, then try to figure out a way to MAKE it work for you rather than against you. And, by the way, for those of you who still layer crops on your farms and seem to be having serious problems with the performance of the Red Sprinkler with respect to harvest times for those layered crops, just remember that this game was not designed for layered crops--you do that at your own risk and with the understanding that there is a distinct possibility that it may corrupt your farms at any time. The Developers are not obligated to provide you with a tool that works with an unsupported and unsanctioned aspect of this game.

You may think this is a simple little game, and that all of your wishes and desires should be just as simple to provide, but if you know anything at all about programming, you will recognize that it has a very sophisticated and complex foundation that the Developers are building upon constantly. It is still the Beta version, which means we are all guinea pigs--testers, if you prefer--and the Developers are relying upon our constructive feedback to help them make it better and more enjoyable for everyone. It would serve us all well to be mindful of this and to be more respectful in our treatment of the Developers and in our suggestions for improvements. A belligerent, defiant, demanding tone is uncalled for and counter-productive.

No one twisted our arms or forced us to pay real cash for the Farm Cash we need in order to buy the premium items. There are many who take great pride and pleasure in playing this game without ever spending one dime for additional Farm Cash. My sister is one of those people, and she is as happy as a pig in sunshine! :-) If you feel you can't be happy without the expensive toys, don't be an early adopter and risk disappointment in the way they perform. Wait until others have bought and used them for awhile and then read the reviews and make an informed decision as to whether your hard-earned Farm Cash will be money well spent.

The foregoing comments are solely my opinions and in no way are intended to reflect or convey the opinions of the Moderators and/or Developers. They will just have to speak for themselves! :-)

Let's farm!
I want a 'LIKE' button. Totally agree with this.

Old Sep 15 2011, 11:11 PM
Account Not Linked

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett128 View Post
Who said the Red Sprinkler does not work on crops less than 2 days? It absolutely does work on every crop, regardless of the harvest time! You are correct that the Red Sprinkler can be used only ONCE each day on EACH farm; however, I have planted 8 hr. crops, as well as 12 hour crops, and irrigated each with the Red Sprinkler in order to afford myself the flexibility of harvesting at my convenience at anytime between 4 and 16 hours after planting for the 8 hour crops and at anytime between 6 and 24 hours after planting for the 12 hour crops. Sure, if you harvest at 4 hours and plant another crop immediately, you won't be able to irrigate that crop until the next day, arguably as early as 16 or as late as 20 hours, until a final determination has been made as to what constitutes a "day" in Farm Town. But consider this: If you plant a 4-day crop, which I believe is still an 80 hour crop, and irrigate it 16 hours after planting, it will be ready to harvest in 32 hours from time of irrigation. If you must wait 20 hours to irrigate that same crop, it will be ready for harvest 30 hours from time of irrigation. In either case, you will be able to harvest, plow, plant and irrigate immediately whatever crop you choose.

All of the complaints about the Red Sprinkler are much ado about nothing! It works beautifully if you take the time to understand how it works and how it can benefit you, and plan accordingly. Just because you may be unable to grasp the concept completely is no reason to attack either the Developers or those who take the time to explain and try to help you understand what this wonderful tool can do for you. Is it perfect? No, of course not. Do I wish I could still use my brown sprinkler the way it worked before we got the Red one? Sure, but 50% of the time, the Brown Sprinkler DOES work the way it did before--when I water for my friends and neighbors--and, Dear Hearts, 50% of something is better than 100% of nothing!

Come on Guys, this is a game! Not life or death. Try to enjoy it instead of making yourself and others around you miserable with your complaints. Look at this as a challenge to your creativity. If the Red Sprinkler does not work to your satisfaction, then try to figure out a way to MAKE it work for you rather than against you. And, by the way, for those of you who still layer crops on your farms and seem to be having serious problems with the performance of the Red Sprinkler with respect to harvest times for those layered crops, just remember that this game was not designed for layered crops--you do that at your own risk and with the understanding that there is a distinct possibility that it may corrupt your farms at any time. The Developers are not obligated to provide you with a tool that works with an unsupported and unsanctioned aspect of this game.

You may think this is a simple little game, and that all of your wishes and desires should be just as simple to provide, but if you know anything at all about programming, you will recognize that it has a very sophisticated and complex foundation that the Developers are building upon constantly. It is still the Beta version, which means we are all guinea pigs--testers, if you prefer--and the Developers are relying upon our constructive feedback to help them make it better and more enjoyable for everyone. It would serve us all well to be mindful of this and to be more respectful in our treatment of the Developers and in our suggestions for improvements. A belligerent, defiant, demanding tone is uncalled for and counter-productive.

No one twisted our arms or forced us to pay real cash for the Farm Cash we need in order to buy the premium items. There are many who take great pride and pleasure in playing this game without ever spending one dime for additional Farm Cash. My sister is one of those people, and she is as happy as a pig in sunshine! :-) If you feel you can't be happy without the expensive toys, don't be an early adopter and risk disappointment in the way they perform. Wait until others have bought and used them for awhile and then read the reviews and make an informed decision as to whether your hard-earned Farm Cash will be money well spent.

The foregoing comments are solely my opinions and in no way are intended to reflect or convey the opinions of the Moderators and/or Developers. They will just have to speak for themselves! :-)

Let's farm!
now that i've figured it out the red sprinkler works fine for me because it suits my style of play - it's by far and away my favourite tool to date.

that said we don't all play the game the same way and if others have issues, concerns or complaints about it then they most certainly do have the right to, and should, air them. a lot of the positive changes we've had in this game stem from complaints and feedback so good on those who make the effort either way.
Old Sep 15 2011, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raine Logan View Post
now that i've figured it out the red sprinkler works fine for me because it suits my style of play - it's by far and away my favourite tool to date.

that said we don't all play the game the same way and if others have issues, concerns or complaints about it then they most certainly do have the right to, and should, air them. a lot of the positive changes we've had in this game stem from complaints and feedback so good on those who make the effort either way.
with respect...i think what Scarlett was getting at was the mode or tone of the words used by people and i agree with her on that ...and in the final analysis what good does it do to a person to be all het up and frustrated it only causes blood pressure to go up and posts written whilst in that situation can be prone to '' not supplying enough information to enable the mods or devs to figure out what is REALLY wrong

i am not a moderator ...just someone who likes to help out where i can

Proudly Farming Since May 2009
Old Sep 16 2011, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raine Logan View Post

I agree, that once the advantages of having Big Red are understood, it can be a fun tool.... and I would rank it right up there close to the Big Combine and all the one-click tools for restocking the facilities.

For example, this morning... 7:30am, I planted all one-day crops... and then Big-Reded them. The will be ready after dinner tonight, at which time I will plant the 8 and 12 hour stuff I need. Those items will not be able to be watered, but they will mature overnight on their own fertilized schedule and be ready in the morning. At that time I will probably plant 2 & 3 day crops and the Big Red will have passed the 20hour wait period, so all those times will be halved......

the tool works just fine. And if it is used just with crops in mind, and is used at least once every three days or less.... the flower problem is a mute point I would think, because they will be watered on the crop cycle, not the other way around.

Old Sep 16 2011, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverdave View Post
with respect...i think what Scarlett was getting at was the mode or tone of the words used by people and i agree with her on that ...and in the final analysis what good does it do to a person to be all het up and frustrated it only causes blood pressure to go up and posts written whilst in that situation can be prone to '' not supplying enough information to enable the mods or devs to figure out what is REALLY wrong
Also with respect...there's been some quite unwarranted condescension on the part of some of the people who like the current situation toward people who are having problems with it. Nobody enjoys the sort of "just try using a bit of intelligence and you'll find it'll be fine" put-downs that we've been seeing, or being told to simply change the way they play the game and stop complaining, even though they were doing their complaining in a feedback thread, which is at least partly what feedback threads are for.
Old Sep 16 2011, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah1979 View Post
Thanks for posting this response! I was beginning to think that maybe I was having a brain spasm! Would you mind posting your info under the Help & Support area?? There is a thread called "Flowers..watering sprinkler...etc." and that is where I also posted my glitch. Tiger responded that they (mods) had not had this problem reported before and I should let them know if it happened again. More than one person reporting this would certainly be helpful. It will be at least 5 days before I know if the glitch will occur again, since flowers take 4 days to grow.
Thanks for letting me know I am not the only one!!

the same thing has happened to me just now harvesting my neighbours farm , went back and the flowers reappeared but had 11 hours or so till they could be harvest .however i was still getting the coins and they stayed but i had no flowers either
Closed Thread