Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Sep 23 2012, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiel29 View Post
Yes I was disappointed the glove doesnt work with paths or the fences - I am sure it is meant to as you say. I still like it but it would be nice if this glitch??? was fixed.
I have been able to overlap fences, as in the gap is not big enough to put a whole fence, but using the green hand it will go in. However, you do have to place the fence on the farm first and then move it into position using the green hand, have not tried with paths, but will have a go now! I LOVE the green hand
Old Sep 23 2012, 11:59 AM

Thumbs up

I'm a farm decorating freak and I LOVE the design tools. I can overlap buildings and all decorations. I can place the items I just mentioned on top of crops if I so choose. I can overlap ponds and water ways. I've only "hidden" one animal facility and it worked like a charm. I'm thrilled about the prospect of being able to stack my overcrowded facilities to free up more real estate. It now takes days to accomplish what used to take weeks.

The only items i still need to use the paths with are flowers and trees, but I'm sure the purple or orange glove will take care of that in the future.

BRAVO DEVS!

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...5488&farm_ix=7
Old Sep 23 2012, 12:21 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglnwhite View Post
I'm a farm decorating freak and I LOVE the design tools. I can overlap buildings and all decorations. I can place the items I just mentioned on top of crops if I so choose. I can overlap ponds and water ways. I've only "hidden" one animal facility and it worked like a charm. I'm thrilled about the prospect of being able to stack my overcrowded facilities to free up more real estate. It now takes days to accomplish what used to take weeks.

The only items i still need to use the paths with are flowers and trees, but I'm sure the purple or orange glove will take care of that in the future.

BRAVO DEVS!
I totally agree with you. I'm still tweaking farms to make room. I love that you can put buildings inside buildings, place decorations closer (hills especially), and stretch the farms out further. LOVE THE GLOVE!!

It's a game, not a competition...enjoy at your own pace.

Blessed are the thin-skinned for they shall make life miserable for everyone else.

Google Chrome
WF40

Farming since 3/31/09
Old Sep 23 2012, 02:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docperk View Post
I had requested a refund once set around wondering why I had not received it yet and then found I had an email from them asking me a question before they could complete the request. The email was in my Junk mail, if you have not already, you might check that.

As far as the glove conversation, I am still on the fence about it. Seams to me from reading in here the main reason people are getting them is to be able to hide some of the facilities, I can see this as space serving method, but what happened to the idea of using them for decorating the farm? Then they say well if we hide them, then we can decorate the farm with all the other things. I guess I will just stay on the fence and eventually fall one way or the other.
I have used it for overlapping mountains to move them closer together with less space between the peaks without having to use paths to do so. I love it. I used it to set my facilities closer together to make them look like one building as some do have a similar construction. I have also set a few animal buildings out on the edge of the farm to make more room for crops. And of course settin water items over paths as well as overlapping them to make them look like continuos warterways.
Personally I love the gloves.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 23 2012, 06:16 PM

One request for the devs ... PLEASE release the Halloween decorations earlier than usual. I need to stock up on scary caves.

Thanks!

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...5488&farm_ix=7
Old Sep 23 2012, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglnwhite View Post
One request for the devs ... PLEASE release the Halloween decorations earlier than usual. I need to stock up on scary caves.

Thanks!
I will second that.....

.....Boo !!
Old Sep 23 2012, 07:10 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Can someone tell me if the orange hand lets you overlap river pieces with mountains and waterfalls, or do you need the green hand to do that?
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Sep 23 2012, 11:25 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlgray View Post
Can someone tell me if the orange hand lets you overlap river pieces with mountains and waterfalls, or do you need the green hand to do that?
According to the Game Guide you can overlap paths and ponds with the Orange hand. Then the Green hand does everything else except for plant items.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Sep 23 2012, 11:49 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitt1962 View Post
According to the Game Guide you can overlap paths and ponds with the Orange hand. Then the Green hand does everything else except for plant items.
I know the game guide says that, but I was wondering if it really worked that way - looking for the voice of experience. Because I've read that there are some other things that don't work as stated, like the green hand apparently does not work for overlapping fence pieces.

And specifically, I'm trying to find out if the orange hand lets you overlap water pieces with mountains and waterfalls, or just with other water pieces.

I don't really understand the thing about overlapping paths anyway, because you can do that without the orange or green hand.
Visit 's Farm

Old Sep 23 2012, 11:54 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by knolan View Post
>> The description of the Gloves states to allow layering of "Paths & Ponds", & "allow everything except plants"... The reason I purchased them does not work as described, I have requested a refund several times & haven't recvd a response. I don't decorate for competition & don't like to hide my bldgs. I would like to see the descriptions changed to reflect what they actually do. I'm still very disappointed, I want my 90 FC so I can purchase something I can use. Thank U for your input maggie, much appreciated. Have a Great Day... (")(^o^)(")
Can you please be specific about how they do not work as described? I'm considering buying them, and if there's a problem with them, I'd like to know before I spend my FC. Thanks.
Visit 's Farm

Closed Thread