Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Nov 30 2009, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty Wyatt Price View Post
Thanks a lot for making it out of reach for most players!!! I can't afford to buy $120 and I also don't have anywhere near $3,000,000.00! Rip off is all I can say!!!!!!!!
This price is NOT out of reach for hundreds, probably thousands of players who have worked for every coin and WANT a new challenge. If the developers GAVE it to us, we'd just want more. As it is, they gave us the free GIFT of this game to play, meet friends from all over the world, and create a virtual paradise to enjoy. The more you work for something, the more you appreciate it. God bless you FarmTown creators. I can't believe you have developed this game with all that code. What talent and ingenuity! Yes, Thanksgiving should be every day we enjoy this game, escaping for a little while from the people in real life who have the "gimme" attitude. And hey! I'm a granny of eight, and my own get these lectures, too. Deep breaths, everyone! Onward toward Christmas!

Go see my 2, 3, and 4 also!
Old Nov 30 2009, 05:30 PM

I have been playing this game for a while, and I have 11 million coins. I work at alot of farms and love doing it. I will be buying my second farm soon and will love redoing it and the first one also. I think that everyone needs to remember....THIS IS A FREE GAME PEOPLE....FREE. I can't get over all the complaints. Just have fun and don't be in a hurry to have it all really fast. I have had so much fun meeting people from all over the world and I will be playing this game for a long time to come. Thank you to the Mods and Devs for all you have done for us.
Old Nov 30 2009, 09:24 PM

This is my very first post on the forum. I have been reading all of the posts and I have to agree with all those who are saying they love the new upgrades. And to those who keep reminding people that this is a "Free" game. I love this game and have from the start, even with all the glitches and hiccups that come with a game in development. Thank you dev's, mods and everyone else who is involved in making this a great experience.
Old Nov 30 2009, 06:27 PM
Account Not Linked

Send a message via Yahoo to Betty Wyatt Price
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by 182 CESSNA View Post
This price is NOT out of reach for hundreds, probably thousands of players who have worked for every coin and WANT a new challenge. If the developers GAVE it to us, we'd just want more. As it is, they gave us the free GIFT of this game to play, meet friends from all over the world, and create a virtual paradise to enjoy. The more you work for something, the more you appreciate it. God bless you FarmTown creators. I can't believe you have developed this game with all that code. What talent and ingenuity! Yes, Thanksgiving should be every day we enjoy this game, escaping for a little while from the people in real life who have the "gimme" attitude. And hey! I'm a granny of eight, and my own get these lectures, too. Deep breaths, everyone! Onward toward Christmas!
Are you working or are you disabled and living on practically nothing? I live 50% below the poverty level and have no medical insurance, barely able to buy groceries. My husband and I are both disabled and live on his VA Pension, which as I said is 50% below the poverty line. I tried to get SSI and was told my husband made too much money!!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 30 2009, 06:31 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty Wyatt Price View Post
Are you working or are you disabled and living on practically nothing? I live 50% below the poverty level and have no medical insurance, barely able to buy groceries. My husband and I are both disabled and live on his VA Pension, which as I said is 50% below the poverty line. I tried to get SSI and was told my husband made too much money!!!!!!!!!

But we are talking about money in a game here, not real money. The coins you earn in FT aren't real, so it costs you nothing. Unless you choose to get it via Farm Cash purchase, which is entirely optional.
Old Nov 30 2009, 06:34 PM
Account Not Linked

Send a message via Yahoo to Betty Wyatt Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Giles View Post
But we are talking about money in a game here, not real money. The coins you earn in FT aren't real, so it costs you nothing. Unless you choose to get it via Farm Cash purchase, which is entirely optional.
That is not an option for all. I would love to take advantage of that option but am not able to.
Old Nov 30 2009, 06:44 PM

Send a message via AIM to Adam Covey

I think the majority of the people making complaints about this new update didn't even bother to fully read the update.

I am thrilled, ill be able to downsize my fields on my main farm and create my own cool world of decorations, and make my second one into a massive pineapple money-making machine.

Once you get up to that level, you should have more than enough money to play for the initial 3 million investment, if you have played the game the right way. Some people buy and then immediately sell expensive buildings only for the XP boost, then whine when they have no money. Really people?

(And if I understand correctly, after you make that initial 3 million investment, the secondary farm size updates are relatively inexpensive. Something like 100,000 per size upgrade or so.... I think...)

You ungrateful whiners can go to FarmVille for all I care. That game seems to cater to people closer to your mental age anyway.
Old Nov 30 2009, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 182 CESSNA View Post
Well said!!
Old Nov 30 2009, 06:49 PM

I love the idea of an extension to my original farm. I suggested a "page 2" to our farms instead of more land....more land would be a nuisance but to be able to move things around from one to the other is perfect....Thanks devs and mods for all the hard work that went into all the upgrades...the whiners are just that.....whiners! They probably complain at all the apps they play, and are never to be pleased ppl here or in real life.
Old Nov 30 2009, 05:26 PM
Account Not Linked

I just purchased my second farm and upgraded to 24+24, planted the whole thing and had no problems, thanks again dev's. Makes it so much more fun.
Closed Thread