Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Oct 25 2009, 06:24 PM

ok..so tell me what im supposed to do with 10 feuling stations..hmm??
Old Oct 25 2009, 08:19 PM

Default Mixed Feelings

First, thanks for the hard work and upgrades to Farm Town. I love this game, and look forward to the new items/features you add.

I immediately bought the new farm equipment mostly to get the XP points as I am trying to advance through the last couple of levels. Although I liked the 'old fashioned' aspects of Farm Town I decided to give these a try. I am finding that in some ways they actually slow me down. I am finding my farm 'hangs' more when I use these. For example I can seed about two rows (8 plots of 4 at a time) with the seeder, then it gives me a problem lining up for the next one. If I get it lined up and click it tells me "I am busy" and I have to wait for the previous plots to finish before I continue. I have found this to some degree with all of the implements I purchased. Over all I can see it being a great addition for those who want a more modern farm. I bought them knowing I might just sell them back and go back to 'farming by hand'.

Thanks,
Joules
Old Oct 25 2009, 08:29 PM

Jessie mc--Are you saying you actually have 19 red fuel pump stations at the top of your screen, or 19 red fuel cans in your gift box?
Old Oct 25 2009, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursegeek View Post
First, thanks for the hard work and upgrades to Farm Town. I love this game, and look forward to the new items/features you add.

I immediately bought the new farm equipment mostly to get the XP points as I am trying to advance through the last couple of levels. Although I liked the 'old fashioned' aspects of Farm Town I decided to give these a try. I am finding that in some ways they actually slow me down. I am finding my farm 'hangs' more when I use these. For example I can seed about two rows (8 plots of 4 at a time) with the seeder, then it gives me a problem lining up for the next one. If I get it lined up and click it tells me "I am busy" and I have to wait for the previous plots to finish before I continue. I have found this to some degree with all of the implements I purchased. Over all I can see it being a great addition for those who want a more modern farm. I bought them knowing I might just sell them back and go back to 'farming by hand'.

Thanks,
Joules
You might find an answer faster if you post on the "help and support" thread.
Old Oct 25 2009, 08:38 PM
Just Brilliant ( Level 26 )

Farmer Since: Jul 23 2009
Level:
Trophies: 9
XP:
Smile

well said.if you don't like it or don't need it then don't buy it.as simple as that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relietz View Post
For the look or for use when you don't have enough time to stick around and make sure someone else finishes...Or don't buy them :P

Come on, people. It's a free app, and one that is maintained and updated regularly, loved and used by many people...So many people asked for these tools, but they didn't have to give them to us - yet they did. They're not going to be loved by everyone, so if it's not for you, just don't use them.

I, for one, love to see things happening to the game. It's exciting! Any changes you guys are willing to spend time on I appreciate, whether or not it's something I'm going to use personally.

One thing that would be nice, for the machines that seed (or whatever) 2 crops at a time, and for the feature that allows you to plow 2 at a time, it would be nice to be able to do two in either direction, not just left to right. If that doesn't happen, I'll live but I'd love you guys so much if that was available!

Visit Bobot's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Oct 25 2009, 09:13 PM

Level:
XP:

check your preferences (the wrench icon).follow avatar while walking should be uncheck.

Visit Bobot's Farm

Old Oct 25 2009, 09:16 PM

Quote:
**Please note that losing fuel you already had showing when you refuel, is NOT a glitch. Refueling REPLACES the amount of fuel you have for use in the upper left corner with the amount showing available in your fuel station. It does NOT add the two together.
You say this isn't a glitch. If the fuel amount you have left is not enough to do even one plot, then refueling should indeed ADD to, not delete, the amount you have left.

This issue is the same as if you're planting and run out of coins. Say you're planting cabbage and have 8 coins left. You get the message "you don't have enough coins to plant." Your option at that point is to try to earn more. When you do earn more, does it wipe out the 8 coins you had left?? No. Coins are ADDED to the existing ones.

If you don't want to call it a glitch, fine. Call it what it is, an error in planning, and fix it so it's not unnecessarily wiping out fuel.
Old Oct 25 2009, 09:16 PM

Level:
XP:

check your preferences (the wrench icon).follow avatar while walking should be uncheck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mslinard View Post
I love that they added the tools...my only complaint is that it is still take a long time to harvest, plow and seed because of having to wait on the avatar. I think when you use the tools it should be like in farmville and the avatar should not be involved and it would go alot faster. Otherwise thanks for all of the upgrades! Love the game!!

Visit Bobot's Farm

Old Oct 25 2009, 09:38 PM

Level:
XP:

Each field consumes 1 unit of gas.so there's no way that there will be fuel left not enough to do 1 field.you must consume all your fuel before refueling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loralyn View Post
You say this isn't a glitch. If the fuel amount you have left is not enough to do even one plot, then refueling should indeed ADD to, not delete, the amount you have left.

This issue is the same as if you're planting and run out of coins. Say you're planting cabbage and have 8 coins left. You get the message "you don't have enough coins to plant." Your option at that point is to try to earn more. When you do earn more, does it wipe out the 8 coins you had left?? No. Coins are ADDED to the existing ones.

If you don't want to call it a glitch, fine. Call it what it is, an error in planning, and fix it so it's not unnecessarily wiping out fuel.

Visit Bobot's Farm

Old Oct 25 2009, 10:13 PM
Force of Nature ( Level 31 )

Farmer Since: Apr 16 2009
Level:
Trophies: 14
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccalby View Post
same here, not to sound ungrateful but i would want more crops and levels and land before machines
My thoughts exactly. I'd also like to have someplace to store the things I own - some of the other games allow that and it's great - just move them out of the way. I hate having to sell everything - not only does it feel wasteful, it's insanely time consuming!

More land, more land, more land!!!!

Visit Fruit and Flowers

Closed Thread