Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 22 2009, 11:21 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

My main issue with the new harvesting and plowing my person gets in my way...and that makes me have to double click on an area.... and is there anyway to make the plowing device a bit smaller... it also is very distracting... I would rather just have an arrow...
Old Dec 22 2009, 11:21 PM
Account Not Linked

Change it back. There are several negatives about this new change. It was fine the way it was. If someone hires too many, leave and find another job. If someone is jumping around and you dont like it, leave. You can see if you are getting your coins or not...if you are not getting them, have the farmer re-hire you. If that doesnt solve the problem, then leave and goto a different job. I WILL QUIT if it doesnt get changed back. I love this game, so its ashame. I am a fast worker, I am a neat/clean worker, and I am a fair player...there are more players like me than like the bad ones. Don't punnish us all.
Old Dec 22 2009, 11:22 PM
Account Not Linked

Unhappy

PLEASE CHANGE PLOWING AND HARVESTING BACK!

Normally I just let things slide, but today's update was bad enough to make me register here just so I could comment about it!

I have enjoyed this game for months. I am very busy with a full time job and I am in a masters program. I have made a lot of friends here on farm town, some that will hopefully last a lifetime. I enjoy the game - I enjoy the competition. I have practiced to get fast at harvesting and plowing and I have friends that have played more than I and are faster.

I understand this game is free, but nothing free is worth this much hassle! The new update is not fun or acceptable. Please return the game to the way it was. I do not want to quit this game, but I do not have the time it takes to play the game if the harvesting and plowing does not go back to the way it was.
Old Dec 22 2009, 11:22 PM

Cool B.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefarmislost View Post
First off, I do work in a straight line. Second, I do not beg, I am not an idiot, nor do I click all over the place. Third, I did lose XP and coins when that was a problem.
Since this update, I have not been able to finish a job due to lost connections. That, or the time it takes just to complete a job! I have also lost points today because it is still not adding right. If this upgrade was to keep people from randomly clicking, it may have fixed that problem. However, it will also keep those of us non-idiot, non-random clicking people from doing anything at all!
Random clickers are annoying, but really people, just leave the farm and get another farmer to hire you! This upgrade is ridiculous, cumbersome, and absolutely off-putting!
It does not force a straight line. You can go diagonal just a fast. It's radius of having to walk is quite far. Probably more than 4 plots away and it will have to walk.

Lucky you. I got booted twice while using the new method. The disconnect came up right away probably over buffered something due to a whole mess of "I'm busy" messages being transfered from the server to my flash client.

Its nice that you label people who use other methods as idiots. I'm curious what makes you a NON-Idiot.

As far as trying to clarify the correct way of processing...People can do whatever they want however they want. Their are no rules stating it has to be done in a line.

The one good statement is at least you are on the page with the rest of us and agree this upgrade is not liked.
Old Dec 22 2009, 11:23 PM
Account Not Linked

OK you fixed one problem, you say.. Could you now fix the problem of people leaving my farm when plowing and harvesting? You should write the code so that they cannot leave until completed!?!?? Thank you for the the GREAT improvement!
Old Dec 22 2009, 11:24 PM

Default Im new... BUT

Ive only been playing for a couple of weeks, but Im addicted... and the new fix BLOWS.

I may be one of the folks that people object to during harvests because I FLY. Ive been playing computer games since the 8088 days. Im fast, and a few people I harvested with were vexed, but what the heck, am I supposed to go slow to make them feel good?

I hope you unfix this... or I will leave along with many others who have posted.

this is how people were moving quickly up the levels, or quickly plowing/harvesting fields, and not losing coins and xp.

TIP 1
Hit save when you are done clicking

TIP 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dizzy View Post
wait on the farm you were hired on until the counter showing your xp and coins quit running by your avatar. Once it stopped and you were just zipping around the farm to the field patches you could leave as all your counters were done properly. If you left before the on screen little words weren't done running through, yea, you would lose your hard work.
TIP 3
make sure go under the wrench, and untick trees, flowers, buildings, and the last 2.

TIP 4
start in an area where no one was working, and do side to side or top to bottom, but click fast and be courteous to not extend yourself to others areas.

TIP 5
ask to be rehired to plow to take away the red square

TIP 6
coordinate with your neighbors to meet up at certain times to harvest/plow each others fields..i hire you, you hire me, we work at same time, get done sooner, plant sooner, level up sooner.

TIP 7
use please and thankyou and ask rather than demand to be hired

TIP 8
don't hire more than 2 people at a time, 1 to harvest, 1 to plow. this way harvest plow seed harvest plow seed...its all done at the same time. when you hire 5+ people to do the same job, several things would happen.
a)people would fight over plots. if i clicked the same plot you just clicked, which one does the server see first? to me, it looks like me, but to the server, maybe it looked like you...so, people assumed they lost xp/coins.
b)the whole farm got bogged down
c)you lost time anyways because it took all them people longer actually to do what 2 people + you could have done
d)people started to have ghost workers, and ghost plots. its rather annoying to think harvesting or plowing is all done, but its not upon a change.

TIP 9
what do you need more at the time you are looking for work? are you in need of coins or xp? if coins, concentrate on harvesting a field and leaving back to mp to be hired to harvest again. if you need xp, then concentrate on being hired for plowing, and leave the harvesting to those looking for coins.

TIP 10
if your trying to move up the levels, plant fields that take less time to mature. raspberries take 2 hours....how many times can one plant, plow, and harvest a raspberry field in a day???? alot!!

really, people, its not that difficult.
Account Not Linked

This is not working. I and many others DO NOT have all day to harvest and or plow!!! It's too slow.
Account Not Linked

This new update is horrible....Farm Town is not any fun now....I am going to join my friends, family, and neighbors and boycott Farm Town until it is changed back to the way it was....
Old Dec 22 2009, 11:25 PM

Default Lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkEclipse View Post
OK you fixed one problem, you say.. Could you now fix the problem of people leaving my farm when plowing and harvesting? You should write the code so that they cannot leave until completed!?!?? Thank you for the the GREAT improvement!
I bet there is going to be more of that with the new changes to working.

People getting the boots from the server or just outright leaving because they don't like it.
Closed Thread