Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 11 2011, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokel steve View Post
Im impressed that the peeps at slashkey have taken into account the wows of the worlds financial markets and come up with this belts thing ....basicaly they are flooding the market with unearned crops and thus xps so a new starter can bounce up to a good level in a few days its down side is that now i have 10000 tomatoes in my store and no one wants them at the market except Bob ...cos they click on a belt link from a friend and they get a weeks supply gratis therefore they dont plant them and i have to get a lower price for my goods but the danger is once everyone has make it to top dan level the the supply of belts will dry up and the market will crash and most peeps will be maxed on the levels or is this a ploy to make the plots produce twice the crops hence you need to plant less to get the same amount giving you more room to decorate which is fine but as most peeps have decs n trees turned off so nobody see all the hard work ive put into the designs of my farms
it will be fun to see what happens over the next few weeks i hope the banks of the world are watching they may get some ideas
I think they are hoping the layering/stacking of crops will stop - with the manure spreader and the belt bonuses we get a lot more crops once we are at the top. I STILL cant get enough tomatoes or onions though and the canned tuna, and sheep and llama textile roll production are too slow: (
Old Jun 11 2011, 02:54 PM

I don't know about that. If they wanted it to stop, they would be able to do that a lot easier than making codes for all the new stuff.

There are a lot of the crops which I simply do not plant because none of my facilities use them. The numerous wineries and cellars I have, however, require a lot of grapes. They are not gifted, but staggered fields produce all I need. The only plus so far is the fruit trees. Since I limit my trees and don't layer them and crowd everything.... I can only get so much fruit. But the new belt-Dan stuff has helped. n

Now we see what the future will bring with the "chance" at getting some extra.

I would rather have more farms than belts.

/

Last edited by StoneFace; Jun 11 2011 at 03:01 PM.
Old Jun 11 2011, 03:04 PM

Hmm you may be right StoneFace - I DO wish they would make some items giftable - or exchange some for things we need. I dont need the Farm Implements but I DO need - like you - grapes, and also onions, Sheep Wool, Canned Tuna. I have enough Tuna FISH - I cant produce the cans fast enough. And now the new facilities use Llama and Sheep wool textile rolls I cant keep up with them - despite having 4 wool sheds.
Old Jun 11 2011, 03:38 PM

Good grief--now the gift ingredients system is all buggered up--this morning, I could send my friends ingredients every three hours (as the original post for that function states), it's been four, and I just got told I can only send an ingredient gift every 12 hours..... Are they EVER going to sort out the problems they created with the original implementation of the belt system?
Old Jun 11 2011, 07:25 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiel29 View Post
I think they are hoping the layering/stacking of crops will stop - with the manure spreader and the belt bonuses we get a lot more crops once we are at the top. I STILL cant get enough tomatoes or onions though and the canned tuna, and sheep and llama textile roll production are too slow: (
Fortunaltly, the llamas and sheep are the only animals we can buy at will in the store, so maybe you ought to buy more wool sheds and wool animals...

I have 9 full wool sheds of both animals and 8 textile mills - all running at 100% capacity in all items - not just the llama and sheep wool rolls.

Just step it up a notch. Dont you watch mythbusters?
The famous line they use is:
"Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing".

I have 9 of most buildings i have but not all. Im self sufficient and have all of everything i need, except for the gift only items
Old Jun 11 2011, 07:26 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgie247 View Post
Jas I see your point and understand that FT is not like the other games where they say that darn unmentionable word and a person gets nothing. My initial thought was sometimes I'd get none sometimes I'd get up to the full 72% which was still pretty awesome because we didn't have it before. I understand now that this being FT they would never do that and will always get something as we harvest.

But it would seem since they haven't changed the wording that we will still get something as we harvest, but maybe a % of the %.

For example a 2 day crop at the highest belt 72%
1000 fields yields 1360 crops versus 1720
and it being a 2 day crop at the highest dan nets you 50% of the 72%

To simplify all of this they had to use all the same numbers for the rank itself but the actual extra boxes you receive as you harvest may depend on the harvest time of the item. My examples before may be way off and not go all the way down to 2.5% but maybe the same percentage is the same as how we gained the belts too but my head hurts still from the 12 hour thing don't wants to do any more maths.

But I like your way better. And making it more complicated gives Oopsy something to talk about and for Grumpa to see if I made any errors.
I don't understand why you think a 2 hour crops has less of a chance of getting an extra box then a 4 day crop does. That has neither been said or hinted at anywhere on the forum by the developers. The percent chance you have of getting an extra box is stated in the first post of this thread and based on the belt you have. If the time it took to grow the crop factored in the developers would have given different figures for the different grow times. If you harvest a field of raspberries you have a 72% chance of getting an extra box if you have the dan 6th degree belt and if you harvest cotton you have a 72% chance of getting an extra box when you harvest a field it is that simple. The time it takes to grow has nothing to do with the "chance" of getting an extra box. If like you say a 2 hour crop is less of a chance they would not say it is a 72% chance they would say it is an x% chance. I have seen no evidence that you do not get close to the full percent or even more then the full percent you are at when you harvest and I have been watching the numbers when I harvest. If the developers had set it up the way you are thinking they would be lying to us about what the chance is of getting an extra box is.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Jun 11 2011, 07:57 PM

i know dev have a hard job but you would think they would come out and explain to us better how it all works. we are left to guess how it works. also it would nice to know when you got an extra box
Old Jun 11 2011, 08:17 PM
Account Not Linked

Here are some figures to show what I have been saying about how much extra you get. I just harvested purple grapes 2 farms of them and looked at them as I moved through the belts.

I needed 49 fields to reach the brown belt so for those 49 fields I had a 22% chance of getting an extra box. I harvested the fields and had 11 extra boxes. 11/49=.2245 so that is 22.45% extra. Now lets take the 49 and multiple that by 22% and see what we get. 49*22%=10.78 I should get 10.78 extra boxes I got 11.

Then I needed more grapes then left on the farm to get the next box so I harvested the rest of the farm with a 28% chance of getting an extra box. I harvested 972 fields got 272 extra boxes. 272/972=.2798 so that is 27.98% extra. 972*28%=274.12 I should get 274.12 extra boxes I got 272.

Then I went to the next farm and I needed to harvest 252 grapes to get to the next belt so I still had a 28% chance of getting an extra box, after harvesting the 252 grapes I had an extra 73 boxes. 73/252=.2897 so that is 28.97% extra. 252*28%=70.56 I should get 70.56 extra boxes I got 73.

Now I needed more grapes then I had left to get the next belt so I harvest the rest of the farm. With this bunch I had a 36% chance of getting an extra box. That was 739 fields I got 272 extra boxes. 272/739=.3681 so that is 36.81% extra. 793*36%=266.04 I should get 266.04 extra boxes I got 272.

As you can see each and every time I got the percent of extra crops for the belt I was at if I took the percent for that belt and multiplied it by the number of fields I harvested. Although the developers have used the word "chance" in their description of the reward from what I have seen there really isn't much "chance" about it you will get the extra % for the harvest based on your belt. So if you are at 72% and harvest 1000 fields you will get 720 +/- a few each time you harvest. Just for a little more information I did not reload the game at anytime during the harvesting the game just automatically switched to the new percent.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

Old Jun 11 2011, 08:27 PM

that does make a lot sence but it is kind of hard for someone who you hire to harvest to know if they got anything. sorry for my spelling it sucks
Old Jun 11 2011, 08:55 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by max_river View Post
that does make a lot sence but it is kind of hard for someone who you hire to harvest to know if they got anything. sorry for my spelling it sucks
The people you hire to harvest get 10% of the fields they harvest or 20% if they are fertilized that has been in the game for about a year now and has not changed. They do not get a percent of the extra boxes you get for your belt only you get them.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

Closed Thread