Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Aug 23 2010, 08:41 PM

I love everything you have done with Farm Town. I've been playing since almost the beginning, remember that?? We've come a long way since then.

As I understand it we only need one manure spreader and to fertilize other farms that we have we are suppose to transport it via storage so that we can fertilize other farms we have. If we were to have more than one spreader with a pig sty at each farm would that give us more manure? If we have five farms how much manure would we need for that many farms? How many pigs can we have in each pig sty? Would one pig sty be enough for five farms?
Old Aug 23 2010, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doll1234 View Post
I love everything you have done with Farm Town. I've been playing since almost the beginning, remember that?? We've come a long way since then.

As I understand it we only need one manure spreader and to fertilize other farms that we have we are suppose to transport it via storage so that we can fertilize other farms we have. If we were to have more than one spreader with a pig sty at each farm would that give us more manure? If we have five farms how much manure would we need for that many farms? How many pigs can we have in each pig sty? Would one pig sty be enough for five farms?
You don't need to put it in storage at all. You can park it on one of your farms and leave it there.

Then you click on it to open up the sceen, find move, click on that, then click on the farm you want to fertilize. Once there, click on the green man, then click once more on the spreader, it has been moved to the new farm in the same place as it was on your farm where it's at. (Mine ended up in the middle of my lake the other day)
When you are finished and leave that farm the spreader will go back to where you have it parked.

Now as to pig stys, you can get by with having one or how many you have, All manue will go to the spreader no mater what farm you harvest the manure on.

I have about 70 pigs, spread out between 3 farms and right now I have over 400 manures in my spreader.
Old Aug 23 2010, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsLadybug View Post
Hmm....No. Farms 1, 2 and 3 are 24 X 24. Farm 4 is 20 X 20, and Farm 5 is 18 X 18. Did I miss something? I don't remember seeing any mention of farm size needing to be the same. I would hate to invest in upgrading and then find out it still won't work.

Is that a "fer sure" kind of thing that I missed?

Well, I will try it, I guess.

Thanks!
I didnt read anything about various farm sizes making a difference.

I have noticed the spreader lands in the new farm according to where it is setting in the old farm. Do you have it at the edge?

Mine always lands in my ocean on one of my farms!
Old Aug 23 2010, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsLadybug View Post
Hmm....No. Farms 1, 2 and 3 are 24 X 24. Farm 4 is 20 X 20, and Farm 5 is 18 X 18. Did I miss something? I don't remember seeing any mention of farm size needing to be the same. I would hate to invest in upgrading and then find out it still won't work.

Is that a "fer sure" kind of thing that I missed?

Well, I will try it, I guess.

Thanks!
Hi there, I am thinking that perhaps the "clone" spreader can't see a place to land because the farm is smaller than the position you keep the spreader on. The "clone" will land in the same position as the farm you have the spreader residing. Might be worth moving the spreader further along into the farm so that you can be sure it is within the 18 x 18 measurement. Can you let us know if this works.

PS....try swapping positions with the Hot Rod or even the sand patch area should be enough if you want to keep it in your yard with the pigs!

Farm Town player since July 12, 2009

In real life, a true blue farmer!

Last edited by Mrs Borgies; Aug 23 2010 at 09:36 PM.
Old Aug 23 2010, 09:34 PM

Red face End of letter about manure spreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginasue1 View Post
You don't need to put it in storage at all. You can park it on one of your farms and leave it there.

Then you click on it to open up the sceen, find move, click on that, then click on the farm you want to fertilize. Once there, click on the green man, then click once more on the spreader, it has been moved to the new farm in the same place as it was on your farm where it's at. (Mine ended up in the middle of my lake the other day)
When you are finished and leave that farm the spreader will go back to where you have it parked.

Now as to pig stys, you can get by with having one or how many you have, All manue will go to the spreader no mater what farm you harvest the manure on.

I have about 70 pigs, spread out between 3 farms and right now I have over 400 manures in my spreader.
I had been disconnected from my last note before I finished just by hitting enter to make a new paragraph. I then added some more to it, added the reason for editing but my editing didn't show up either so.....

What I wanted to ask is about the harvester, seeder and flower harvester. Do you buy just one of each and transport them via storage or buy one for each farm? Before I forget how many cows, sheep, goats, llamas, chickens can you have in each building? Is there a limit? When adding fertilizer to your farm can you specify which fields you want fertilized or do you have to fertilize the whole farm? Oh, I've never seen a "little green man". One more thing about the flower harvester. When I have just a row of flowers the harvester will only harvest no more than 4 or 5 flowers. Why is this?? If I have the flowers all bunched up as in a garden it will harvest more.

So there it is. My complete letter, finally.

Thanks for helping.
Old Aug 23 2010, 09:44 PM

Default Your instructions didn't work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginasue1 View Post

Your instructions don't work. I clicked on it, found move and clicked on that and all it did was pick up the spreader to move it to a different location on the same farm.
Old Aug 23 2010, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doll1234 View Post
Your instructions don't work. I clicked on it, found move and clicked on that and all it did was pick up the spreader to move it to a different location on the same farm.
Once it is picked up, did you click on the diamond of the farm that you want to take the spreader? That is what you need to do.

Farm Town player since July 12, 2009

In real life, a true blue farmer!
Old Aug 23 2010, 10:15 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I just wish the pigsty wasnt so darned ugly, i have two and i hide them as best i can, i know only pigs live there but my pigs are wellbehaved and clean (i steal all their poop the second they do it) so i think they deserve better accomodations then what they have now, after all they give me double crops!!

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Aug 23 2010, 10:24 PM

If all you did was click on move, then you didn't follow the rest of the instructions. Please reread them again. They do work.
Old Aug 23 2010, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InePine View Post
I just wish the pigsty wasnt so darned ugly, i have two and i hide them as best i can, i know only pigs live there but my pigs are wellbehaved and clean (i steal all their poop the second they do it) so i think they deserve better accomodations then what they have now, after all they give me double crops!!
Perhaps you already know this but just in case...
I was surprised and pleased to find out I can cover the poopy portion with the tall grass squares available in the store.
Closed Thread