Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 25 2009, 09:12 PM

Default problems now

Well I must say this game has turned into a nightmare for me since the changes begining Dec 22.

today I tried to play and harvesting was slow... plowing was some better. Until the farmer started to plant. Once they planted the first plot all coins and points stoped for me. they rehired me and the farm wouldnt load.
Please please fix the problems!!! I am missing playing my game!
Old Dec 25 2009, 09:16 PM
Account Not Linked

"All ready done...All ready done....". I have been playing only a month but it is no fun to click on crops that say ready to harvest and all you get is "All ready done" over and over again. You can't go home till it is done adding up all the nothing. No fun to do all that clicking for nothing. You ruined it.
Old Dec 25 2009, 09:24 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I think it is just time to find something else to do. I'm stripping my farm back to flowers and trees so that others who want to water them can and if I go broke doing that I can harvest some trees myself to keep my friends entertained.

THANKS for the snap back to reality dev!!!

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 25 2009, 09:36 PM
Account Not Linked

This update is good on many ways but... I have had several experiences where my avatar completes the harvesting, but the payments lag way behind. This is OK except that I get timed out long before it catches up, so I miss out on the payments - and the opportunity to plow...
A fix for this would be great!
Old Dec 25 2009, 10:56 PM

The fuel situation is another poor design. It was better to stop being allowed to plant when fuel runs out rather than planting willy nilly and then having to do it all over again.

12/22 release was a huge step backward. Please bring back the old version.
Old Dec 25 2009, 11:02 PM
Account Not Linked

Yay the plowing and harvesting is back..now if my neighbor could see me in her farm it would be expectacular.
Old Dec 26 2009, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynorcp View Post
I truly would rather lose points than to keep getting (1) time outs - waiting (2) being stuck on a farm with already done blinking for 50 times - waiting (3) my avatar getting in my own way -waiting and (4) not knowing when I run out of fuel - waiting. Granted it "looks" like I'm going faster but in reality it is slow and painful.

I'm level 60 with two maxed out farms. Love the game but this is getting frustrating. Truly would appreciate going back to the pre-release before the 22 December snafu.

I'm so tired of the timeouts, i can get part way through a harvest or plow and i get the server has timed out message. I've tried all the suggestions to fix this I have even tried using a different internet connection and my husbands computer instead of mine and STILL the same problem

I'm getting really frustrated with this now
Old Dec 26 2009, 02:00 AM

I hate the change and am about to give up working on other people's farms! Why isn't it registering right away when a plot is harvested or plowed? I will harvest and be waiting to collect my coinspoints and someone else will come after me and hijack my plot and I don't get the points or coins, instead I will harvest half a farm and every single plot will say already harvested even though I clicked on it first. Also, when I am done with a job, I will go back to the market and be frozen there and it will spend 10 more minutes saying "already done" over and over and when I try to move it will say saving...NOT FUN, please change it back!!!
Old Dec 26 2009, 07:09 AM

Default I was done in by "Already done"!

I have the same experience many have already reported: I'm clicking away on fresh areas (ready to be harvested or plowed) while waiting for my avatar to catch up. As I'm clicking, another player comes in and clicks on plots I already did, and just like that, my efforts become totally useless! I don't get any credit (coins or XPs) for work already rendered. Plus, I wasted so much time! The upgrade was intended to minimize collisions but collisions they were not -- I got to the unharvested or unplowed plot first and clicked on this! I'm being penalized for what?!? A slow connection? Server lag?

Somewhere in this feedback heap someone happy with this so-called upgrade suggested that those in my situation "deal with it" -- specifically, find more neighbors in the same time zone that I could arrange to play with at the same hours. And the subtext of this suggestion was, "you slowpokes play among yourselves?" Considering Farm Town is a social networking-based application/game, a more arrogant, elitist and inappropriate solution I probably will not not encounter.

With this upgrade, I may not have lost XPs or coins, but I sure was robbed some other way.

Last edited by ittygaerlan; Dec 26 2009 at 07:11 AM. Reason: I forgot my title
Old Dec 26 2009, 07:11 AM
Account Not Linked

Thumbs down The fuel algorithm is a real bummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charo View Post
The fuel situation is another poor design. It was better to stop being allowed to plant when fuel runs out rather than planting willy nilly and then having to do it all over again.

12/22 release was a huge step backward. Please bring back the old version.
Nicely phrased.

The fuel algorithm is a real bummer.

Closed Thread