Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 25 2009, 05:55 PM

Default giant seed bags and harvesting tool

How are giant seed bags and harvesting tools a good upgrade? They are really obnoxious and get in the way (not to mention they look stupid). Changing these was a BAD idea. I now refuse to work for other people - seeing the avatar hop around is really annoying and gets in the way as well.

The very best way to harvest was how you had it set up months ago when you could stand to the top right and work along each row from right to left without your avatar moving (unless you started in a new spot). It would be nice to plow that way as well. The newest change is annoying because everyone's servers aren't in sync with each other and the people with faster servers/better internet connections get more coins/pts than people without.

Please get rid of this newest change until AFTER you get all the kinks worked out. Ugh.
Old Dec 25 2009, 06:15 PM

I just had a new experience harvesting on someone elses'farm. I harvested pineapples and my avatar didn't catch up for a while and in the mean time another harvester came in and harvested over what I had harvested and then it started saying ALREADY DONE. I'm not sure what happened, if I harvested it or she did. All I know is when I harvested it the / and 0% came up and I thought that I had done it. Now I am not sure. Wierd things are happening. Thanks for listening.
Old Dec 25 2009, 06:19 PM

I also agree with Farmer Llew about what he said about the enlarged tools and seed bags and the way you had it set up before where the avatar could just stand in one place. This new system is very annoying. Again, thanks for listening.
Old Dec 25 2009, 07:04 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to teejcee44

No one has given me a clue to how i can get my farms back. I mean, i have a few plots that I can plant, but on MOST of my 2 farms, I can't plow, delete, or plant. The only planting I can do is on the parts that I have upgraded (14x14 to 16x16 on farm 2). I am pretty unhappy. I know there are many others who are having the same problem. The bulldozer doesn't do anything, and the delete doesn't work either. The last change (Dec 22) was not ready enough to know how it was going to effect people's farms like mine. There are also many things I see that just aren't right. Like yesterday, it was telling me while i was plowing someones farm "you don't have enough money"! No KIDDING! Where did that come from? I have over 6 million coins! This whole upgrade is FUBAR.
Old Dec 25 2009, 07:30 PM
Account Not Linked

Default new farmtown

I too was spending so much time on the game loving it! with the new release, it takes soo long to work, its more frustrating than rewarding. you cannot go fast, i just bought a new computer and went on to find that the speed now working is slower way way slower than before. Please change it back.
I didnt mind losing coin or even points as i just went to work more. now the avatar is running! and i cant go fast or hardly grab the plots except at a snails pace. i guess its time to move onto another game
Old Dec 25 2009, 07:38 PM

I have the latest version of Adobe Flash and have increased my Adobe Flash Player Setting to 1MB on the Global Storage Settings. My screen ( %) still freezes and takes at least one minute (sometimes more) for me to get in to a farm when hired. By the time I enter the room, all of the work is complete. I have tried all remedies suggested here in the forums to no avail. Do I need more RAM? I'm at 960MB of RAM currently. Any suggestions are appreciated
Old Dec 25 2009, 07:55 PM

Thumbs down the latest version still sux

what happened to going back to pre december 22nd release, u told us it would go back, u lied, the game is now very annoying. i just got done harvesting over 250 pineapples and never got credit for 1, thats hogwash. as to ur comments about 70 % less problems, one word was wrong it should have read 70% more problems, i went from no problems to a plethera of problems. do us all a favor and do a rollback to the game that worked
Old Dec 25 2009, 08:10 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Farmer Kate S.

I've read this thread, and don't see my issue, so, I may need to broaden my information hunt... but, JIC, although I have 10 neighbors (has that changed?) I can't hire to plow in th marketplace. I can click the option in the person's menu, and I get the message explaining what requirements exist. It asks if I want to continue, and I click yes ...and then, nothing. I don't get a response, not even a "busy". Have the plowing requirements changed? Is this an update issue, or something else? Thanks!
Old Dec 25 2009, 08:18 PM
Account Not Linked

Default new "version"

okay guys... I just worked my neighbors two farms. She has a total of 1379 plots/fields and it usually takes about 45 minutes to an hour to harvest and plow her two farms. IT HAS TAKEN ME FOUR HOURS TO FINISH!!!!!! I've "timed out" 4 times after I've already finished clicking and had to start over. I personally do not plan on playing farmtown for four to five hours just to work one persons farm!! PLEASE PUT IT BACK THE WAY IT WAS....AGAIN!!!
Old Dec 25 2009, 08:51 PM

I truly would rather lose points than to keep getting (1) time outs - waiting (2) being stuck on a farm with already done blinking for 50 times - waiting (3) my avatar getting in my own way -waiting and (4) not knowing when I run out of fuel - waiting. Granted it "looks" like I'm going faster but in reality it is slow and painful.

I'm level 60 with two maxed out farms. Love the game but this is getting frustrating. Truly would appreciate going back to the pre-release before the 22 December snafu.
Closed Thread