Closed Thread

Old Oct 21 2009, 06:50 AM
Green Wizard ( Level 34 )

Farmer Since: Jun 10 2009
Level:
Trophies: 14
XP:
Thumbs down Equipment dissappeared

i purchased all three large pieces of equipment yesterday afternoon and today they are all gone?????????

Visit Tom's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Oct 21 2009, 06:53 AM
Account Not Linked

Default New harvester and TREES issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Grigg View Post
Good point; people seem to have lost interest in harvesting trees, now that they can get XP by plowing other people's land.

I was kind of hoping for a "rope" selection of plots to harvest/plow/plant: Draw a diamond with corners at the start and end of a click-drag-release motion. harvest/plow/plant all available plots in the diamond.

Seems to me that harvesting and plowing equipment would be most useful if I could use it when others hire me. And if I could buy fuel with coins. Now that could make hiring competitive harvesters and plowers an interesting experience!
I enjoy FT, however, I think the new equipment is pointless because I am a "social" player, like the interaction with others. But like people have said in this thread that I READ, my choice is not to buy them.
Now, as far as trees, I think that people should get 1 or 2 XP for every tree they harvest (like plowing) and in addition to that, think that people that like to save trees should be able to freeze them (we can freeze growth on flowers). By freezing your trees, it would be making them unharvestable (LOL, is that a word?)
Anyway, if those 2 things were done, I think it would solve a lot of the whole Tree thang that goes on around farmtown. Just my 2 cents. Also would like to know the benifit of the last trophy????
Old Oct 21 2009, 06:54 AM

does anyone have any idea y th real estate office isnt working???
could we b gettin more land one wonders???
i hope so !!!
if anyone has any idea could u plz post ty xxx
Old Oct 21 2009, 07:04 AM

Love the new tools. ive bought all 3, when none of my buddys or neighbours are online i harvest and plow myself..
My husband loves them to, the mouse clicking was driving him insane, lol. now i click even less..

No matter what new stuff thats bought out someone will complain about it,,,, if you dont like it, dont buy it,,,easy.....
Keep up the good work..

.Have a Good day
Old Oct 21 2009, 07:24 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
Hi,

We just released a new version of FarmTown. (As usual, you will get the new version when going to FarmTown the next time).

The new release contains support for 5 different tools:

1. Small Harvester - Harvest 2 fields at a time
2. Small Seeder - Plant seeds on 2 fields at a time
3. Big Harvester - Harvest 4 fields at a time
4. Big Seeder - Plant seeds on 4 fields at a time
5. Plowing Tractor - Solar Powered - Plow 4 fields at a time

All the tools works in a similar way, you just need to click on the tool and select the first option which could be Harvest, Plant Seeds or Plow depending on the tool. Alternatively, some of the tools can also be activated by clicking on the appropiate icon on the main tool window at the bottom of the screen.

The Plowing Tractor doesn't require fuel to operate so you can use it as much as you want without any limitations. The others require fuel to operate, these are the rules for the fuel:

1. To get fuel you need to go to the fuel station by clicking on the red fuel tank on the top-left of the screen or on the map icon
2. You can refuel once per day
3. The amout of fuel gallons you receive each day depends on these factors:

10 Gallons for each level you have accomplished
10 Gallons for each neighbour you have
10 Gallons for each friend you help each day
10 Gallons for each active neighbour in the last 24h
100 Gallons for each fuel tank you receive from your friends

If you are having trouble, remember to link your account.

Thanks.

Moderator Edit: We have an established thread in the help and support section where we will attempt to answer any questions that you have about these new features. http://slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238278 Mods will not be answering questions posted in this thread from the developers.
in the explanation...
1) each friend i help..does this include my non-neighbours?
Old Oct 21 2009, 07:38 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

LOVE my new seeder thank you Bert!

Visit 's Farm

Old Oct 21 2009, 07:53 AM

I don't understand that about harvesting more than 1 field at a time! When I click on 2 or 4 fields then I'm sent into the shop to buy seeds instead. That annoys me!

I know that doesn't belong in here but I can't find a "watering flowers thread". When I try to water flowers with my neighbours I'm kicked out of farm town and when I try to water my own flowers I pay 1 coin each time. Why????
Old Oct 21 2009, 07:59 AM

I love the new tools! Just to have something new to play with is a joy. No I probably won'tuse them much as I like to hire others. On the other hand, when I have no neighbors or buddies on I now can harvest my own stuff much faster, and no worries about fruit thieves picking my trees.

Thank you FT devs for keeping the game moving. Of course I'd like a bigger farm and new clothes, but I am grateful for what we have.

Those of you who have questions about how the tools work and who gets paid what, please just read the first post in this discussion, it's explained clearly.
Old Oct 21 2009, 08:00 AM
Green Wizard ( Level 34 )

Farmer Since: Sep 21 2009
Level:
Trophies: 14
XP:

I agree everyone is complaining about more levels, more crops, The seeders are nice but as for the rest, I agree whats the point. I already bought all the equipment anyway beside what else can I do with all my money.

Visit Ocean Front Property

Old Oct 21 2009, 08:06 AM

Default Ohhh Noooo

I went all crazy and bought all the farm equipment. My farm is jammed already. So I'm trying to make space and accidently deleted my beautiful brown barn that I bought with real money.. arghhhhhhhhhhhhh! We need more space.
So I am reading that we can only use the tools on our farms, neighbors cannot use them on our farms, so extra money won't be made...I am wondering why I bought them in the 1st place. I might change my mind when I get on that big red thing and ride it around my farm.....I am sick about losing my barn :-(
Seems to me these tools will take away from the interaction with neighbors on farms and in the marketplace.
I want a feature that will allow me to drive my solar powered vehicle to the market, hire someone, then get off and let them take her for a plow or harvest (whatever it does)
Gonna test drive it now!
Closed Thread