Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Sep 02 2010, 06:46 AM
Account Not Linked

Thumbs up Manure Spreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallah View Post
Actually, you can fertilize when your crops are at 99% grown and you will get the double crop. I don't fertilize every three days, but every 5-6.

I think the best use it to plant short term crops during the first two and a half days, then a long term crop. Replant a long term, but don't fertilize until right at the end, then do short term crops again.

And, your workers earn twice as much, as well.

The manure spreader is the best thing since sliced bread. Thanks again to the DEVS for such a cool item and for listening to our suggestions. I know it's expensive but it is well worth it. I sound like I should be a salesman for it.

But, after having missed fertilizing a field before the crops hit 100%, I would suggest just keeping them fertilized every three days and don't worry about trying to time it out to maximize the use of the manure. Once your pigsty is full of pigs, you should have more manure than you will need (even allowing for the addition of several more farms).
Old Sep 02 2010, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn Cob Pete View Post
The manure spreader is the best thing since sliced bread. Thanks again to the DEVS for such a cool item and for listening to our suggestions. I know it's expensive but it is well worth it. I sound like I should be a salesman for it.

But, after having missed fertilizing a field before the crops hit 100%, I would suggest just keeping them fertilized every three days and don't worry about trying to time it out to maximize the use of the manure. Once your pigsty is full of pigs, you should have more manure than you will need (even allowing for the addition of several more farms).
I fertilise every three days whether the crops need it or not, otherwise I am liable to forget. Plus I prefer to have them all run out at the same time.

With 100 pigs in the shed, collecting twice a day, you get far more manure than you could ever need. I had double what I needed when I fertilised yesterday and will be adding more later.

It really is the best tool ever released on this game, I love it.
Old Sep 02 2010, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn Cob Pete View Post

Oh yeah, if I understand correctly, as long as you fertilize before you harvest, your crop output will double. So, I think the best strategy would be to fertilize right before you harvest. That way the fertilization will last longer than if you fertilized as soon as you planted.
Because the pig stys are so small, it should be easy to find a home for two of them on two different farms.... and you can stock with up to 100 of the little piggy poopers.

I "harvest" the stuff regularly and fertilize farms whenever I don't see the (f) . Waiting until close to harvest time is not worth taking that chance when having lots of poop, I mean manure, available to scatter.

Overall, the crapcrop is great.... and there is virtually no smell.
Old Sep 02 2010, 07:04 AM

Ok folks, PLEASE stop complaining about the FarmCash, and stop calling it unfair. It's your own choise!
It's not unfair!

When I sarted playing FT, I made some rules for my self, amongst them; "Never use real money to buy anything. Better to pay for the game itself."

Well, look at me now . . . a total addict, buying FC ever so often!!!
Of course the dev's want to have some kind of income!
And I don't go out to restaurants so often, so I don't need as many new clothes as before etc. etc. LOL

I also decided NOT to buy any flowers in FT, before we'd gotten some "one-click-waterer-item" - - - -well, yesterday I DID buy some of the new flowers, too!!
LOL
So, it's kind of farewell to all prinscples we've set for us self,. . . this game.

I have a few *seriuos*questions, though;
1. Is it possible, by any way, to send FarmCash to any neighbours we're helping out to level up??

and

2. After the two last up-grades of FT, I got some crash-report from Adobe Flash, all the time, that I've never gotten before.
What can I do about it??

I will be happy for any answers. Thanks in advance.

Now, off I go, to break some more of my own rules, I guess.

Happy farmer-day to you all!

Regards
Simera
Old Sep 02 2010, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinski View Post
School has started and I can't farm as much! HELP! Lesson plans or FT... Correcting papers or FT... which should I do?

(Thank you for the update.. yeah!)
Your students need to be introduced to the period of American History when farms began to grow and farmers worked hard to bring in the crops. Perhaps a learning tool would be Farm Town so that they will get a sense of how hard it is to grow (and how easy it is to complain).

In addition, you may be fertilizing some young mind and creating the desire for them to become future billionaires.

In addition, if all the students are each other's neighbors, think of the great family atmosphere you are creating. If you are "caught" on FT by a peer, simply explain your strategy.
Old Sep 02 2010, 07:52 AM

Default I promise you, none of this is necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
Because the pig stys are so small, it should be easy to find a home for two of them on two different farms.... and you can stock with up to 100 of the little piggy poopers.

I "harvest" the stuff regularly and fertilize farms whenever I don't see the (f) . Waiting until close to harvest time is not worth taking that chance when having lots of poop, I mean manure, available to scatter.

Overall, the crapcrop is great.... and there is virtually no smell.
One Pigsty with 100 pigs in it is way, way more than you need. If you put in multiple pig stys you will be swimming in piggy poo. I have one and my manure spreader maintains well more than 1000 units with all farms fertilized at all times. I had worked out a strategy at first to, for example, wait till corn was almost ready, then fertilize it. Now I don't worry about it, I just keep em fertilized all the time. Just remember to harvest the pig sty often.
Old Sep 02 2010, 07:53 AM

Love the new updates! Many thanks to the FT team

Am really looking forward to the 6th farm.....it is much, much needed.

I was wondering if there were any new animals waiting in the wings to be introduced or little people we can spraed around our farms to talk to!!
Old Sep 02 2010, 08:02 AM
Account Not Linked

HOw do you get the mineral mine?
Old Sep 02 2010, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrapse View Post
HOw do you get the mineral mine?
You can find the Mineral mine under the Facilities tab.

I am not a forum Moderator, but happy to assist when I can

Toffee Farm

Old Sep 02 2010, 08:19 AM

Thank you so much for the recent updates...As usual, you have gone beyond all expectations...Wonderful!!!

I am not a forum Moderator, but happy to assist when I can

Toffee Farm

Closed Thread